What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game thread - (RV) Men's bball heads to Brooklyn to face #15 Miami (of FL) (Sunday,12/10/23, Noon PM MT; ESPN2)

There was a sequence late (inside 5 minutes, iirc) when we got a steal, lost the handle on what should have been 3 layup opportunities, then sunk a 3 pointer off the loose ball recovery. That was a "Miami's not even trying now" moment that I'm sure is going to be painful for the players in their film session.
I'm pretty sure LOB even missed a layup in that sequence before hitting the 3.

The key to CU getting off to a good start was getting the ball into the low post and scoring. In particular, Lampkin was aggressive in posting and then (unlike in the CSU game) getting a high % shot up and scoring! Same for Hadley - he was operating in his prefered environment. At the same time CU was limiting Miami's open looks from behind the arc and grabbing almost every rebound. Doing the above allowed them to gain in confidence without relying on treys which they had struggled with away from Boulder.

As has been pointed out in this thread, Miami got into the game when the CU started to turn the ball over. Once the Buffs stopped doing so and in the second half began hitting treys it quickly became a blow out.

Yup, CU has a very efficiant offense - when not committing turnovers. And they are a lot of fun to watch with the cutting and passing leading to open shots. In this game six players hit double figures and there were a total of 28 assists in the game and 70% shooting in the second half.

Don't know what to say about LOB's play. 13 points and 5 rebounds including some timely treys and a blocked shot combined with some poor ball handling decisions that led to turnovers.

So the buffs are somewhere between 21 and 85 and we’re supposed to believe that these ranking services have any clue what they’re doing?
They all have less than 10 games of all non conference data about a pool of what, 300?, teams.

At this point they're maybe useful for large bins of teams, e.g. 25 to 80 are mostly indistinguishable at this point from one another, but definitely different than 1 to 5, or 200+

Missed the game, should've recorded it. When I first saw the score, I thought it was a damn typo considering what we have been seeing. Really big win. For God Sake, please find some consistency. Do that, you're dancing.

You can catch the replay on ESPN3 or whatever they're calling it these days.

Glad to see the Buffs beat those Canes and by that score. Those dirty Canes deserved it after what they did to us in football.

IMG_3576.jpegI really don't want to say this, but the Canes are going to beat us by double digits. They are very much built and coached like FSU, but with better athletes and better coaching. We have to shoot well and TDS and Lampkin must show up. Not holding my breath.
Really douche?

I sat with my 14 year old son....

I wore Dinwiddie and he wor the white..

Glad to see the Buffs beat those Canes and by that score. Those dirty Canes deserved it after what they did to us in football.
As I was leaving the Barclay Center.... I let every MIami fan know that I hadn't seen as ass kicking like that since CU BEAT THE SH!T out of Miami in 1993 right before the half.. (I would not acknowledge the score in that game... f-ing Offensive facemask.

Ha! Thanks for your contribution to the MTA--those Verrazano Bridge tolls ain't nothing to sneeze at.
My friend who lives in Larchmont said that they are trying to pass a tax/ toll for a car
coming into certain areas of Manhattan?

How? Just how are we up 21?
😂😂😂😁😁😁😂😂😂
Cause my 14 year was talking SH!T to Cleveland, Poplar and a few other no names..... one of the Canes came up to him and said......" Man, no one knows who CU is!).

Around the 6 minute mark that player took the ball out of bounds right in front of us and I yelled " YOU MAY NOT KNOW WHO WE ARE. BUT YOU SURE AS HELL KNOW WHAT 86 IS" (We were up by 18 or so and we had just scored the 86th point). He actually laughed and told me after the game that I am one of the nicest **** talkers.

Cause my 14 year was talking SH!T to Cleveland, Poplar and a few other no names..... one of the Canes came up to him and said......" Man, no one knows who CU is!).

Around the 6 minute mark that player took the ball out of bounds right in front of us and I yelled " YOU MAY NOT KNOW WHO WE ARE. BUT YOU SURE AS HELL KNOW WHAT 86 IS" (We were up by 18 or so and we had just scored the 86th point). He actually laughed and told me after the game that I am one of the nicest **** talkers.
Solid. There's a good whose your daddy burn in there too, but I guess yours was nicer.

Back