What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Week - TCU, Week 1 (0-0)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Camp's over. It's game prep. Team travels on Thursday.
University Of Colorado Sko Buffs GIF by CUBoulder

TCU preview

Best pro prospects:

Josh Newton - projected day 2
andrew coker - Projected early day 3
brandon coleman - Projected early day 3

Players to keep an eye on:
Flash Robinson, Savion Washington, Willis Patrick, Emani Bailey, damonic williams, hodges, helm, and some scouts like Obiazor.

Best freshman on their squad: Cordele Russell, WR

Strengths: OL, depth, starting CBs, LBs, coaching, sound - generally will not beat themselves. This is something SD brought to TCU.

Weaknesses: QB under pressure and throwing in tight windows, lack of premium skill position players, overaggressive safeties who lack discipline.

OL is the best position group.

WR is the position group their fans are high but I am not. Listening to their coaches, I have red flags. The biggest is no #1 option and that's massive as Q really did a good job of getting good coverage looks making it easier for other players.

I am not the highest on their TE room, while they love Wiley, he's lacks too much fluidty for me in the modern game.

I am higher on Morris than most overall as a QB but lower on him than TCU fans. I honestly would say I am inline with Briles on him. He should do well in this scheme. It fits but he has to be able to make plays, if not, some defenses will crush you.

TCU is a deep team. Not many clear flaws outside of coverage issues, weak pass rush, and lack of studs at skill positions. I do believe overall the move to pace with Morris will favor them overall. I expect them to compete for the Big XII title this year.

I'm not sure if anyone else here listens to the Shutdown Fullcast podcast, but their episode last week was "Bold 2023 predictions" that were sent in by listeners.

This one made the cut for them to discuss.

They decided that it's probable to happen. To be extremely clear, SDSU plays only two games against P12 competition this year: home vs. UCLA (which the fullcast crew decided would be a win) and @ Oregon State (which they decided to be a loss).

Among other choice quotes: "They got better... but they are SMALL. Their fight video looked like it was shot at a HS practice. I'm afraid of what a team like Utah could do to them."

Now I really want CU to start proving people wrong beginning Saturday.

I'm not sure if anyone else here listens to the Shutdown Fullcast podcast, but their episode last week was "Bold 2023 predictions" that were sent in by listeners.

This one made the cut for them to discuss.

They decided that it's probable to happen. To be extremely clear, SDSU plays only two games against P12 competition this year: home vs. UCLA (which the fullcast crew decided would be a win) and @ Oregon State (which they decided to be a loss).

Among other choice quotes: "They got better... but they are SMALL. Their fight video looked like it was shot at a HS practice. I'm afraid of what a team like Utah could do to them."

Now I really want CU to start proving people wrong beginning Saturday.

It's fun to be hated again, IMO

It's fun to be hated again, IMO
It’s fun to be hated because people know you’re good. This hate is annoying because it’s born out of ignorance of people thinking it’s all hype and no substance. That’s why I find myself anxious for Saturday. Have to show out, otherwise the hate mostly turns to laughter.

I know he doesn’t care and everything was deliberate, but CP has backed himself and the team into a corner and now has to prove it.

I'm afraid of what a team like Utah could do to them."
He is afraid?
We lost 63-21 with a significantly less talented team last year.

All this guy went for was drama. click click click.. listen listen listen to my podcast cause "I am AFRAID!!!!"

TCU preview

Best pro prospects:

Josh Newton - projected day 2
andrew coker - Projected early day 3
brandon coleman - Projected early day 3

Players to keep an eye on:
Flash Robinson, Savion Washington, Willis Patrick, Emani Bailey, damonic williams, hodges, helm, and some scouts like Obiazor.

Best freshman on their squad: Cordele Russell, WR

Strengths: OL, depth, starting CBs, LBs, coaching, sound - generally will not beat themselves. This is something SD brought to TCU.

Weaknesses: QB under pressure and throwing in tight windows, lack of premium skill position players, overaggressive safeties who lack discipline.

OL is the best position group.

WR is the position group their fans are high but I am not. Listening to their coaches, I have red flags. The biggest is no #1 option and that's massive as Q really did a good job of getting good coverage looks making it easier for other players.

I am not the highest on their TE room, while they love Wiley, he's lacks too much fluidty for me in the modern game.

I am higher on Morris than most overall as a QB but lower on him than TCU fans. I honestly would say I am inline with Briles on him. He should do well in this scheme. It fits but he has to be able to make plays, if not, some defenses will crush you.

TCU is a deep team. Not many clear flaws outside of coverage issues, weak pass rush, and lack of studs at skill positions. I do believe overall the move to pace with Morris will favor them overall. I expect them to compete for the Big XII title this year.
Thanks for this post. I think it’s just as likely or maybe more so that they throw to the slot WR JP Richardson, the transfer from Okie State, than to Savion Williams. Also, do you not like their Safety Bud Clark (5 Ints in 2022)?

Last edited:
It’s fun to be hated because people know you’re good. This hate is annoying because it’s born out of ignorance of people thinking it’s all hype and no substance. That’s why I find myself anxious for Saturday. Have to show out, otherwise the hate mostly turns to laughter.

I know he doesn’t care and everything was deliberate, but CP has backed himself and the team into a corner and now has to prove it.

Saturday may not tell us much either way. The following two weeks are going to be better indicators IMO.

Thanks for this post. I think it’s just as likely or maybe more so that they throw to the slot WR JP Richardson, the transfer from Okie State, than to Savion. Also, do you not like their Safety Bud Clark (5 Ints in 2022)?
They have two slot guys in JP and JoJo who they have good expectations for. They generally fit your typical Briles offense. Similar to Houston. Just a more talent than that squad.

Nope, smart kid but poor in man coverage and a heavy risk taker. He's the one player you can really exploit if your QB is pinpoint passer at this level. He's good when roaming and is a sound tackler. Their best safety at stopping the run. 6'2 and rangy. I haven't heard his name in the major jump mentioned in the press conferences. That said, Bud been doing his homework on this game for months. Probably as ready as anyone on their defense.

Him and Wiley are two where I am just on the opposite side with. They are in the Shilo, I need to see it to believe it section.

They have two slot guys in JP and JoJo who they have good expectations for. They generally fit your typical Briles offense. Similar to Houston. Just a more talent than that squad.

Nope, smart kid but poor in man coverage and a heavy risk taker. He's the one player you can really exploit if your QB is pinpoint passer at this level. He's good when roaming and is a sound tackler. Their best safety at stopping the run. 6'2 and rangy. I haven't heard his name in the major jump mentioned in the press conferences. That said, Bud been doing his homework on this game for months. Probably as ready as anyone on their defense.

Him and Wiley are two where I am just on the opposite side with. They are in the Shilo, I need to see it to believe it section.
Your overall tone of TCU is positive. Do you still feel confident that we will compete in this matchup?

some game week jitters around here....

we gonna win. they have no game film on CU in this offense with these players. it is a first game of the year for both teams. the Buffs absolutely need this win and have enough guys, finally, to get it done.

there are parts that are likely to be ugly and unpolished. and we aren't deep enough to do it week in and week out.

but, we are gonna get this going the right way on saturday.

I know it doesn't happen often, but I'm really hoping Ralphie makes the trip.
she went to Georgia several years ago, and this is MUCH closer.

b4006dce-24ec-4737-8510-57557fdd5900-AP_Arizona_St_Colorado_Football.JPG

Back