What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- #5 WOMEN'S BBall hosts Cal (Fri., 1/12/24; 7:00 PM MT; Pac Mtn.) and #8 Stanford (Sunday, Noon MT; Pac 12 Net.)

FYI in case anyone is curious - it sounds like the CU AD gives the CU PD the schedules before the season starts and lets them know they need to staff the following games. Apparently then the CU PD decides how many or how few staffers they want working said games. Leading to games like this weekend. Naturally, the CU AD is REALLY pissed about this cluster and apparently a meeting was held between them and the PD to fix this moving forward. Hopefully it's better moving forward.
The CU PD is too busy handing out MIP citations and harassing students to deal with stuff like this.

The CU PD is too busy handing out MIP citations and harassing students to deal with stuff like this.
There may or may not have been EB jokes regarding parking going around my group text chain this last weekend.

I've complained at least once a year and Rick has done jack sh!t. But that's basically his MO when it comes to hoops, so...
I would say any AD at CU has not really cared about hoops.

The last time we were this good, students did not go to the games. They don't know what they are missing.

I would say any AD at CU has not really cared about hoops.

The last time we were this good, students did not go to the games. They don't know what they are missing.
We'll see how much Rick truly cares when programs come calling on JR this offseason.

Exactly. She is not paid nearly what she is worth and other opportunities will be coming her way. He will have to shell out or we return to being a nobody team. I know they like it here but big bucks will be hard to turn down.

Does the fact the Big XII sucks help our odds in keeping JR or hurt?

Exactly. She is not paid nearly what she is worth and other opportunities will be coming her way. He will have to shell out or we return to being a nobody team. I know they like it here but big bucks will be hard to turn down.
Their young kids are likely well seated into the local school system and I’m thinking she and T are way ahead on their house value (wherever they live in the area), so hopefully it all works in favor of them staying. Another big raise is in order though for sure. Crossing fingers. Turns out she was a monster hire.

EDIT: It took a while to pull the program up out of the dregs of the KMM and Linda L eras. Kudos for JR/T for staying the course.

Last edited:
Pay the woman. I'd venture to say she knows what the hell she's doing. Again, men's team, watch them play.

Does the fact the Big XII sucks help our odds in keeping JR or hurt?
(next year's) XII sucks in women's hoops?

CU, Baylor, Iowa State, Utah and K State all ranked

I didn't crunch the numbers, but scanning the rankings it looks like only the ACC has more teams in there. and 2/5 are in the top 10

I know you follow hoops way closer than me, what are you seeing that I'm not?

(next year's) XII sucks in women's hoops?

CU, Baylor, Iowa State, Utah and K State all ranked

I didn't crunch the numbers, but scanning the rankings it looks like only the ACC has more teams in there. and 2/5 are in the top 10

I know you follow hoops way closer than me, what are you seeing that I'm not?
Compared to the Pac-12? Yes. They suck.

Top to bottom, they're not great. They have a few decent teams in the top 25, but there are some really bad teams too. It's a huge step back in quality - which could be a good thing for JR. Right now P12 teams get the benefit of the doubt because of the conference's history and strength. We won't get that next year.

Compared to the Pac-12? Yes. They suck.

Top to bottom, they're not great. They have a few decent teams in the top 25, but there are some really bad teams too. It's a huge step back in quality - which could be a good thing for JR. Right now P12 teams get the benefit of the doubt because of the conference's history and strength. We won't get that next year.
IDK, man. neither of next year's Pac 12 teams are ranked. looks like a conference upgrade for women's hoops

thanks. your point is well made that the current Pac 12 is a power house in the sport

I’d look for another transfer or two to come in after this season. We lose everyone who gets significant minutes with the exceptions of Wetta and Vonleh.

CU had to overcome poor rebounding (USC had 12 second chance points to CU's 3) and at times silly turnovers. Hope the defensive rebounding is much better this coming weekend.
Forgot to mention that once again Sara-Rose Smith wasn't able to play. She does a tremendous job off the bench with timely scoring and rebounding + defense. Hope she's ready to go on Friday!

Back