What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread - MEN'S Bball scheduled to visit Oregon (Tues., 1/25/21, 8:00 PM MT), Washington (Thurs., 9:00 PM MT) and WSU (Sunday, 8:00 PM MT)

Remember when people thought this team would come out gangbusters after Tad's Ass chewing lolololol

We need to do nothing but layup and 3 practice from now until next September.

****ing embarrassing how many bunnies we miss, when we bother to take them.

Forgot this game was happening… I think I’m just going to go ahead and turn it back off.

I joined the game late and we were playing 2 freshman, 2 sophomores and a walk on. The 32-13 score matched my expectations. Would be nice if we can get everyone back and healthy enough to make an NIT run this year.

Well let’s see
WSU doing everything right
We are doing nothing right
Will Karma help us out in the second half
Chiefs losing and Buffs winning must be to much of a lift for tiny baby Jesus

Everyone on this team is suddenly afraid to shoot the ball.

So many unnecessary passes, hesitations, pure fear.

Low point
Young guys hit walls
Gotta fight through it
These are not that good of teams
Can Jokic come teach our guys how to have finesse and skills at the rim, no touch or fakes or anything at the rim whatsoever. That is coaching

Can't believe WSU tried a 3 with 2 seconds left. Literally, fast forwarded though the whole game. My only thoughts were: Maybe Simpson should come off the bench, rebounding sucked arse, and 3 road games in 6 days is too much for us. Sad to say, there will be no postseason for our bunch. I'm feeling down. Bummer.

Can't believe WSU tried a 3 with 2 seconds left. Literally, fast forwarded though the whole game. My only thoughts were: Maybe Simpson should come off the bench, rebounding sucked arse, and 3 road games in 6 days is too much for us. Sad to say, there will be no postseason for our bunch. I'm feeling down. Bummer.
This was KJs first start of his career

This was KJs first start of his career
I didn’t watch much of it. I was recording and sort of checking in and it went south so quickly that I blew through it. But I did watch early on and KJ was really pressing. I’d suspect getting the start sort of got into his head.

They call them scheduled losses in hockey - that's what this was bound to be. The tougher one for me was coming up short at UW. That building is turning into a house of horrors for us.

Young team pressured to the max right now. With a fully healthy team, meaning da Silva and Lovering healthy, and Parquet at 100%, I'm confident the Buffs get that W at Washington. Not really sure what happened last night but all teams (everybody) has letdowns during the season, especially out on the road. They did manage to pick up a HUGE win at Oregon this past week.

At home the next two weeks and with a really good chance to win (3) games. I still have this team pegged to finish with around 17/18 wins (9/10 conf wins). That's not bad considering the overall youth of the team, and that arguably your 2 best freshman from such a vaunted class, Allen and Ruffin, were out for the season.

Tad got a little big for his pants letting all the seniors walk.
I had some folks jump down my throat, basically calling me an idiot, this past summer questioning why those seniors were "so it appeared" allowed to just kinda walk. I felt that it was strange that they let Schwartz and Horne just move on but then later brought in Mason Faulkner [didn't make sense]. I couldn't help but feel like Schwartz or Horne would have probably stayed around had they simply been asked, and I didn't feel that they were asked to stay.

Perhaps they were not, and they both literally wanted to get out of town, but I do find that hard to believe. Well, now, having either of those players would be huge, and may have been enough to where the team maybe has an extra win or two right now. Sadly, who knows.

I had some folks jump down my throat, basically calling me an idiot, this past summer questioning why those seniors were "so it appeared" allowed to just kinda walk. I felt that it was strange that they let Schwartz and Horne just move on but then later brought in Mason Faulkner [didn't make sense]. I couldn't help but feel like Schwartz or Horne would have probably stayed around had they simply been asked, and I didn't feel that they were asked to stay.

Perhaps they were not, and they both literally wanted to get out of town, but I do find that hard to believe. Well, now, having either of those players would be huge, and may have been enough to where the team maybe has an extra win or two right now. Sadly, who knows.
Then Tristan and Nique don't have the sophomore jumps they are having. I'll ask again does having those guys make us 1-2 wins better this season? Are those 1-2 more wins worth significantly lowering our expectations for 22-23 season? Since Nique and Tristan would barely play this year. Do Nique and Tristan transfer going into this year if D'Shawn or Jeriah stays? Also, these decisions were all made with the expectation that Quincy Allen plays this year. One of the best recruits all time at CU and the DC Gatorade POY out of high school who was hurt last minute preseason.

As @Buffnik mentions the Washington road trip always kills us. We are a young team with the preseason expectation winning 17 games. At 13-8 we just completed the hardest stretch of our schedule. We have 3 home games in a row. With two Utah games, Oregon State, Cal, ASU, and Stanford still on the schedule we are still very much on pace for meeting/exceeding those preseason expectations while also seriously improving our 22-23 prospects.

Then Tristan and Nique don't have the sophomore jumps they are having. I'll ask again does having those guys make us 1-2 wins better this season? Are those 1-2 more wins worth significantly lowering our expectations for 22-23 season? Since Nique and Tristan would barely play this year. Do Nique and Tristan transfer going into this year if D'Shawn or Jeriah stays? Also, these decisions were all made with the expectation that Quincy Allen plays this year. One of the best recruits all time at CU and the DC Gatorade POY out of high school who was hurt last minute preseason.

As @Buffnik mentions the Washington road trip always kills us. We are a young team with the preseason expectation winning 17 games. At 13-8 we just completed the hardest stretch of our schedule. We have 3 home games in a row. With two Utah games, Oregon State, Cal, ASU, and Stanford still on the schedule we are still very much on pace for meeting/exceeding those preseason expectations while also seriously improving our 22-23 prospects.
Looking at the remainder of the schedule and all things being equal, the best we're likely to finish the regular season is 20-9. The worst, 17-13. So, drop it somewhere in the middle with a homer's eye and say 19-11. Win one, lose one in the Pac 12 tourney and we're sitting at 20-12. That gets us into the NIT with a first round home game which is what the team goal should be right now - any post season experience.

I believe that the biggest benefit for the guys that transferred is they get 2 years of education paid for at the new school versus 1 more if they stayed at CU.

Back