What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread - MEN'S Bball scheduled to visit Oregon (Tues., 1/25/21, 8:00 PM MT), Washington (Thurs., 9:00 PM MT) and WSU (Sunday, 8:00 PM MT)

if TDS can get a handle on his random really bad turnover issue, there's not going to be much to complain about with him.

Also, to drive home the injury issue, we are running out of bodies for practice due to injuries even among the walk ons, so that's nice.

Also if he can improve my download speed.

One ball handler in college basketball, that wouldn’t have played out well. Basically like this year when Kee plays bad we would lose. KJ has won us two of our biggest conference games in Oregon and Stanford. Jeriah and DShawn couldn’t create their own shot (they needed a table setter like Kin) and Nique and Tristan would have played half the minutes they are playing so wouldn’t have the increase in production, game experience, end game experience that they are having and very easily could have left. People also forgot Jeriah was like 3 for his last 30 shot attempts and shot us out of a few games. Tristan has also hit a game winner this year but wouldn’t have been in at the end that game. We very easily could have been in the same spot if not worse record wise and have been set up terribly for 22/23.
Yeah our opinions differ drastically. You're entitled to yours. I personally believe differently and wanted a few different things for this program this season, and at the end of the day that's totally ok as well.

That route didn't work in 2016-17. Wes and XJ came back as 5th year seniors, but were never engaged and seemed to go through the motions. In my mind, that team is the most dissapointing in Tad's time at CU. Starting Pac-12 play 0-7 (I realize 5 out of 7 on the road and the 2 home games were USC/UCLA, but still) and ending with a first round NIT exit. That team had tons of experience, but the leadership dynamic never worked because XJ and Wes had been there forever, even though Derrick White should have been the leader.

As a reminder, the starting lineup included 4 5th year seniors (XJ, Wes, Fortune, White) and a 4th year junior (King). How does a veteran team with 2 future NBA draft picks and 3 other guys still playing overseas in the starting lineup end up that bad?
Good point about the 2016-17 team. I agree that that perhaps was the most disappointing team in Tad's tenure. However, I do want to make a point that I remember that there were ongoing attitudinal problems with both XJ and Wes behinds the scenes, that I felt hurt that years team quite a bit. If I remember right I think they both had to sit out a game or two that year because of off court issues, and it appeared as though there just wasn't a cohesiveness about that team. One cannot always just only look at the talent before them, there is so much regarding off court issues and relationships, and attitudes, that play into all of this.

Again, it didn't of course work out this way, which is fine, but I felt that things would have played out much differently, and better, had (in a perfect world) Schwartz and Horne maybe chosen to stay, and played alongside Battey and Parquet in the starting lineup. Just my opinion.

You lost me when you stated LOB would get PT in your scenario. Dude would've been 10th in the rotation. But you do you, Boo.
I dunno, I've coached competitive club basketball (14 to 18 yr olds) for 18 years, and have often had teams with as many as 10 to 11 high level players on them, and have personally never had a problem with rotating kids in.

I'm saying you are living in imaginary scenario that doesn't make sense. it's not a mere difference of opinion just like it's not a mere difference of opinion if you are choosing to not believe in gravity.
It's an imaginary scenario, yes, but that doesn't mean it doesn't make sense. It makes perfect sense to me. Perhaps you should think outside the box more. I would coach and run a program different than you would, and that's ok.

It's an imaginary scenario, yes, but that doesn't mean it doesn't make sense. It makes perfect sense to me. Perhaps you should think outside the box more. I would coach and run a program different than you would, and that's ok.
as long as it's not my program, hell yes it's ok.

Numerous smart people came out and said that he came here for the year to showcase his game for the NBA. When that didn't work out, he went back to Tulsa where he was familiar and could get 2 years of schooling vs only the 1 left with CU.

From everything I've heard - and I could have missed something - it was completely amicable and friendly.
Hope he's enjoying be the best player on an absolutely horrendous team. He's a Euro player at best whether he stayed or left.

Back