What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- (RV) MEN'S bball on the road @ Washington (Wed.,1/24, 9:00 PM MT; ESPNU) WSU (Sat., 3:00 PM; Pac 12) & Utah (Sat., 2/3, 3:00 PM; Pac 12)

I think Tad has shown we can get good recruits, but he seems tired and we have leveled off as an underachieving NIT team most years. Commit to being an NCAA caliber program and Tad’s legacy is that he’s shown you can get the talent. Build from here, don’t just assume we can’t go up.

I think Tad has shown we can get good recruits, but he seems tired and we have leveled off as an underachieving NIT team most years. Commit to being an NCAA caliber program and Tad’s legacy is that he’s shown you can get the talent. Build from here, don’t just assume we can’t go up.
It's gotta be a smart hire. I think others have suggested it, but if Tad retires, make Kim English say no.

What I don't understand about TDS is how you can play in a high level, highly competitive environment and show zero emotion throughout the game.
I think TdS cares a whole lot and is probably more frustrated than the fans.
A man not showing his emotions, is often expected and admired.

This seems pretty normal for Tad's Buffs to me.
They just can't seem to get over the hump, whatever that hump turns out to be. In the end it seems like another year where they win about 60% of their games and earn an NIT bid, where they will get bumped in the first round, maybe the second.

It may not be necessary to have a winning record on the road to have a great season but you cannot go 1-6 and hope to be great.
Last night the team really needed TDS to have a great game, not 3-15 from the floor.

I love the team and they have been a lot of fun to watch at times this year, but the end result is shaping up to be a pretty normal year for Buffs basketball.

Cody Williams in a Buffs uniform......sigh.......seems like we will never know. Another "if only", "what if".

Also, weird how much insane bitching there is in a game where we were missing Williams and LOB.

Sure, losing sucks, but how many L's have we been shorthanded this year?

We're still going to make the tournament. The NET will be too high.
Last 4 out, they're going to have to get very lucky to get in

Last 4 out, they're going to have to get very lucky to get in
Because selection Sunday is today?

5 home games left 4 road games and then the pac tourney.

Love how some posters come out of the word works for a loss with the fire Tad, we are going to lose our entire team after this year, we suck can never get over the hump etc.

We just lost to a team that’s 12-0 at home. Who cares.

Again, 20 wins and a tourney bid still all at play!

Last edited:
It absolutely destroys me to say this, but coach Nico up the road has this team at 19-3 right now. I feel sick…

What are you talking about? The Rams are 17-5 overall and are tied with two other teams for fifth place in the Mountain West at 5-4.

Because selection Sunday is today?

5 home games left 4 road games and then the pac tourney.

Love how some posters come out of the word works for a loss with the fire Tad, we are going to lose our entire team after this year, we suck can never get over the hump etc.

We just lost to a team that’s 12-0 at home. Who cares.

Again, 20 wins and a tourney bid still all at play!

You can’t do that for one random day in the year and explain it as a trend.

Memphis has lost 4 out of their last 5 games
Nebraska just lost to Maryland on the road by 20
Texas has lost 2 out of their last 3 as well
Seton Hall has lost 3 out of last 4

Most teams on the bubble are in the same boat. It’s all how they finish. Not where they are at today.

This seems pretty normal for Tad's Buffs to me.
They just can't seem to get over the hump, whatever that hump turns out to be. In the end it seems like another year where they win about 60% of their games and earn an NIT bid, where they will get bumped in the first round, maybe the second.

It may not be necessary to have a winning record on the road to have a great season but you cannot go 1-6 and hope to be great.
Last night the team really needed TDS to have a great game, not 3-15 from the floor.

I love the team and they have been a lot of fun to watch at times this year, but the end result is shaping up to be a pretty normal year for Buffs basketball.

Cody Williams in a Buffs uniform......sigh.......seems like we will never know. Another "if only", "what if".
CWill is gonna be fine. He's still growing into his body a bit. Sucks for his time at CU, but hopefully, they can make a good, late run.

As of today we’re 22nd on KenPom and 29th in NET, I believe both rankings are HIGHER than week started. Crappy L to Utah same as to WSU where we just didn’t play well enough or make enough shots in very winnable games. Disappointing no doubt. But it’s not Doom. We play the two worst teams in conference on the road and have 5 home games. That’s very 7 winnable games, where we will be favored or just getting a point or two. Still have all the opportunity to be easily off the bubble, but have to beat Zona, and eventually win some roadies.

What are you talking about? The Rams are 17-5 overall and are tied with two other teams for fifth place in the Mountain West at 5-4.
With a roster that’s light years below ours. Two different situations. One team being coached up. One team being coached.

As of today we’re 22nd on KenPom and 29th in NET, I believe both rankings are HIGHER than week started. Crappy L to Utah same as to WSU where we just didn’t play well enough or make enough shots in very winnable games. Disappointing no doubt. But it’s not Doom. We play the two worst teams in conference on the road and have 5 home games. That’s very 7 winnable games, where we will be favored or just getting a point or two. Still have all the opportunity to be easily off the bubble, but have to beat Zona, and eventually win some roadies.
The UCLA and USC roadies are the pure definition of trap games

You can’t do that for one random day in the year and explain it as a trend.

Memphis has lost 4 out of their last 5 games
Nebraska just lost to Maryland on the road by 20
Texas has lost 2 out of their last 3 as well
Seton Hall has lost 3 out of last 4

Most teams on the bubble are in the same boat. It’s all how they finish. Not where they are at today.
I have little faith in how this team finishes

Back