What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- (RV) MEN'S bball on the road @ Washington (Wed.,1/24, 9:00 PM MT; ESPNU) WSU (Sat., 3:00 PM; Pac 12) & Utah (Sat., 2/3, 3:00 PM; Pac 12)

Well. We lost a few road games that we shouldn't have. Injuries, road games, just sucking. Whatever. It's frustrating. We can still make a run this season, but we need to find that mindset. KJ can't do it himself.

Outside of winning the conference tournament, we cannot. Every Bracketologist has us on the outside looking in right now.

This is a more disappointing season than the year Spencer got hurt
I don't know. We were definitely going to make a run in the NCAA tourney that year. The stars were aligned and we were playing so good. Spencer was at his peak. That year is so haunting.

This year we knew we had a great freshman (but a late-blooming one), and we had KJ. I wasn't as sold on TDS as the rest of you, but I suppose if I had been this would feel pretty disappointing.

I don't know. We were definitely going to make a run in the NCAA tourney that year. The stars were aligned and we were playing so good. Spencer was at his peak. That year is so haunting.

This year we knew we had a great freshman (but a late-blooming one), and we had KJ. I wasn't as sold on TDS as the rest of you, but I suppose if I had been this would feel pretty disappointing.
Yeah I suppose that is fair. Just frustrating because it is not often you have a high lottery pick on the team and it just feels wasted at this point.

What I don't understand about TDS is how you can play in a high level, highly competitive environment and show zero emotion throughout the game.
If he were an ice-in-veins guy calmly shooting daggers and playing lockdown defense, the low-key approach could work. Not everyone is a fiery leader. He goes on the road though, and does this. His stat line was a bloodbath today. Maybe he's being stoic in the face of disappointment and adversity or something.

Yeah I suppose that is fair. Just frustrating because it is not often you have a high lottery pick on the team and it just feels wasted at this point.
I agree. So bummed about Cody. He's going to be an awesome pro. But hey, we can still make a Pac-12 tourney run here if this team stays healthy. It's going to click that this is it pretty soon. Cody, KJ, TDS, these guys are gone after this season. Praying it kicks in soon.

And don't throw your ****ing elbows in practice dumbasses! (If that's really what happened)

Lovering had 9 pts and 8 rebounds. Pretty good rotational piece for the Utes today. Some guys take time to develop and find a niche. I get that he probably wasn’t going to gel as a Buff but it is what it is.

KJ is the Sherrod of the men’s team. Roughly speaking.

Road games are tough. The CU men’s team is ALWAYS at least one guy (or one role guy) short of being a really good reliable team. Year after year.

Outside of winning the conference tournament, we cannot. Every Bracketologist has us on the outside looking in right now.
Not entirely true, ESPN has us as the last team in right now, CBS actually has us as a 10 seed, and bracketologists.com (great site btw) has us, Utah, Arizona, and WSU making the tournament. Obviously losing to Utah isn't great but they could also be a tourney team (in according to CBS and ESPN) and if we beat them at home that essentially negates this loss.

If we finish the season strong and have a good showing in the Pac 12 tournament we absolutely have a good shot at making it.

Lovering had 9 pts and 8 rebounds. Pretty good rotational piece for the Utes today. Some guys take time to develop and find a niche. I get that he probably wasn’t going to gel as a Buff but it is what it is.

KJ is the Sherrod of the men’s team. Roughly speaking.

Road games are tough. The CU men’s team is ALWAYS at least one guy (or one role guy) short of being a really good reliable team. Year after year.
Tonight it was Cody. We just have to get everyone healthy and make a run here. It can happen!!

Eddie had like 8 turnovers though
Yep. Probably a couple were bs calls, but yeah. It's an issue, but I didn't feel like he was being lazy or careless. More like he struggled with them having multiple guys with a lot of height cutting off passing lanes and causing him to shuffle a couple times when he couldn't get his shot off. Too many, but I thought he was net positive by quite a bit.

Back