What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- (RV) MEN'S bball on the road @ Washington (Wed.,1/24, 9:00 PM MT; ESPNU) WSU (Sat., 3:00 PM; Pac 12) & Utah (Sat., 2/3, 3:00 PM; Pac 12)

Not entirely true, ESPN has us as the last team in right now, CBS actually has us as a 10 seed, and bracketologists.com (great site btw) has us, Utah, Arizona, and WSU making the tournament. Obviously losing to Utah isn't great but they could also be a tourney team (in according to CBS and ESPN) and if we beat them at home that essentially negates this loss.

If we finish the season strong and have a good showing in the Pac 12 tournament we absolutely have a good shot at making it.

Win 4 of 5 at home and split the 4 road games (probably a reach even though 3 of the 4 teams are below us in the standings) and that puts us at 12-8 in conference. Problem is we only have 2 more chances at a quad I win unless Utah moves up.

Not entirely true, ESPN has us as the last team in right now, CBS actually has us as a 10 seed, and bracketologists.com (great site btw) has us, Utah, Arizona, and WSU making the tournament. Obviously losing to Utah isn't great but they could also be a tourney team (in according to CBS and ESPN) and if we beat them at home that essentially negates this loss.

If we finish the season strong and have a good showing in the Pac 12 tournament we absolutely have a good shot at making it.
Today wasn't a horrible loss in terms of the Net, and if we can beat Utah at home later it'll more or less cancel out. But it was horrible in the way we lost by missing so many open shots, layups, dunks, free throws and all the lazy pass turnovers that led to transition baskets going the other way. And Eddie inexplicably shuffling his feet under the basket twice for traveling calls. Didn't really deserve the win today but almost pulled it off.

Yep. Probably a couple were bs calls, but yeah. It's an issue, but I didn't feel like he was being lazy or careless. More like he struggled with them having multiple guys with a lot of height cutting off passing lanes and causing him to shuffle a couple times when he couldn't get his shot off. Too many, but I thought he was net positive by quite a bit.

Eddie can be frustrating at times, but I feel like he plays his ass off.

Eddie can be frustrating at times, but I feel like he plays his ass off.
Yeah. I can live with a lot of subpar plays from a guy if I know he's batting while also making a lot of positive plays.

We suck. 18-12. Booooooo…
200.gif

Yeah, and the fact that he's the type of player that could lead a run in the tourney but we are gonna be a NIT team again.

This was THE season Boyle needed to prove that he could coach a good top-25 team to a high seed and potentially win a few games in the tournament. He has utterly failed and has seemingly gotten worse as a coach. It begs the question, if not now, when? People forget about the 2019-2020 season because of the covid cancellation. That team was supposed to be "the" team. Tad failed, they lost 6 straight and fell apart. The 2016-2017 team going further back, was a senior laden team that was supposed to make the tournament and do well. They had NBA all-star Derrick White as their starting PG for pete's sake, Boyle failed, it was an NIT team. the 2013-14 team was excusable because of Spencer's injury, sure, he still FAILED. He has one more NCAA tournament win than Ricardo Patton, and this fanbase will accept it because CU has never been good at basketball. What a sad state of affairs.

This was THE season Boyle needed to prove that he could coach a good top-25 team to a high seed and potentially win a few games in the tournament. He has utterly failed and has seemingly gotten worse as a coach. It begs the question, if not now, when? People forget about the 2019-2020 season because of the covid cancellation. That team was supposed to be "the" team. Tad failed, they lost 6 straight and fell apart. The 2016-2017 team going further back, was a senior laden team that was supposed to make the tournament and do well. They had NBA all-star Derrick White as their starting PG for pete's sake, Boyle failed, it was an NIT team. the 2013-14 team was excusable because of Spencer's injury, sure, he still FAILED. He has one more NCAA tournament win than Ricardo Patton, and this fanbase will accept it because CU has never been good at basketball. What a sad state of affairs.
Yeah, it kills me but I’ve been leaning this direction more and more lately.

Here's the thing if you replace Tad-there is no Coach Prime out there in MBB like there was in late 2022 in FB. We are probably having to hire a Mountain West coach.

Ask yourself this: Can Steve Alford or Richard Pitino upgrade this thing? I don't think so.

Here's the thing if you replace Tad-there is no Coach Prime out there in MBB like there was in late 2022 in FB. We are probably having to hire a Mountain West coach.

Ask yourself this: Can Steve Alford or Richard Pitino upgrade this thing? I don't think so.
It absolutely destroys me to say this, but coach Nico up the road has this team at 19-3 right now. I feel sick…

Nah MJ is tired of the Hornets. He comin.

None of it matters until RG realizes that he has a MBB team.

Other than that, the university needs to acknowledge it and prioritize it.

I think we'll get a real good indication on those fronts when Big teams come calling for JR - do we step up, or do we shrivel like weak little children.

I know where I'd bet my money.

None of it matters until RG realizes that he has a MBB team.

Other than that, the university needs to acknowledge it and prioritize it.

I think we'll get a real good indication on those fronts when Big teams come calling for JR - do we step up, or do we shrivel like weak little children.

I know where I'd bet my money.
It’s a good bet Cody and KJ aren’t in Boulder this time next year…wherever they may be.

No doubt about this. if another more talented players played with as much passion, he’d be a no doubt NBA player.
Being outwardly passionate and firey have nothing to do with being a good player.

Also, Tad won't be coaching this team next year. I'm certain he's retiring. That's where signs are pointing.

And as far as our incoming recruits go...Lama, we out recruit a lot of teams. Including most of the teams in the conference we're going to.

Hopefully a new coach brings a new style.

Last edited:
Back