What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How can CU enhance the Spring Game?

Going and watching low risk drills isn't fun. Beer gardens, tailgating and football are fun. The formula is easy. Boulders politics and coaches protecting their key assets to maximize their seven figure incomes makes it really hard.

Going and watching low risk drills isn't fun. Beer gardens, tailgating and football are fun. The formula is easy. Boulders politics and coaches protecting their key assets to maximize their seven figure incomes makes it really hard.
I'd rather have those "assets" performing at games then Spring, so I'm okay with that.

They have enough young kids who are still in the developmental stages that they can put on a show without putting the key guys at a lot of risk.

I am of the opinion that football players like the play football, not run drills. A spirited competition, even if it is mostly against teammates who won't be playing a lot come fall is fun for the players. It gives them something to look forward to and to prepare for. I think that for some players it may make them focus better on spring practice and get more out of it.

It is also a reward for your fans, to ones who buy tickets and parking passes and spend all the rest of the money that makes your program viable and allows for those big salaries and all the rest that goes with it.

Crying out loud...

80 to 90% of big boy programs (my guess) play an actual football game at the end of spring practice. **** happens. Play the damn game.

A kid can blow out a knee walking down stairs. Maybe they should be put in a bubble once the season is over and then take them out the week before the opening game?

Put the "do not touch" orange jerseys on the QBs and play.

Hell, being honest, Idk what the number is? Most times people tear the acl etc non contact. Mine was, stepped in a bad spot and it just happened.

Today proves that weather shouldn't be a significant driver on the date of the Spring Game. Odds certainly better if in late April, but it's always going to be a crap shoot on the front range.

Back