What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How confident are we that we can still become bowl eligible?

How confident are you that we can become bowl eligible?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i would like us not to ride out the season on a huge losing streak. that is some cursed Buff stuff we have seen around these parts more than a few times, even in seasons where we had hope.

bowling would be like hitting a lotto ticket.

i would like us not to ride out the season on a huge losing streak. that is some cursed Buff stuff we have seen around these parts more than a few times, even in seasons where we had hope.

bowling would be like hitting a lotto ticket.
Snail Ugh GIF by Sticker Book iOS GIFs

Our APR is low right now. And I actually think the NCAA needs to revisit the calculation methodology with respect to the new transfer rules. It really seems to be harder to maintain the same "progress toward a degree" levels when players are transferring but all credits don't transfer or their previous major isn't offered at the new school.

Not Confident we’re going to a bowl game at all. And after the latest press conference I’m a whole lot less confident CP is staying

I crib this from the "other" board:
Supposedly, Dan Patrick is saying the P12 has the legal ability to waive the 6 - win rule and allow a 5 win team to go to a bowl.

I have no idea if that is true, but do remember a few 5 - win teams going to bowls in years past - and not because of covid

There are many smaller bowls that would give a lot to have CP and the high-publicity Buffs.

Supposedly, Dan Patrick is saying the P12 has the legal ability to waive the 6 - win rule and allow a 5 win team to go to a bowl.

I have no idea if that is true, but do remember a few 5 - win teams going to bowls in years past - and not because of covid

There are many smaller bowls that would give a lot to have CP and the high-publicity Buffs.
yea they have talked all morning about the Buffs vs James Madison would sell tickets. It's possible, but CU must win one more, 5 win minimum

You have to remember the ivory tower eggheads that ran the P12 into the ground could mess up a glass of water. If CU's bowl fate is on them, mark me down as low confidence.

You have to remember the ivory tower eggheads that ran the P12 into the ground could mess up a glass of water. If CU's bowl fate is on them, mark me down as low confidence.
Odd thought: Isn't the P12 now just WSU and OSU? The conference gets some of the payout from bowl games. Does that mean those 2 teams could bank any amount for their future use? Would be an incentive for them to get the Buffs in a bowl.

Go Buffs.

Odd thought: Isn't the P12 now just WSU and OSU? The conference gets some of the payout from bowl games. Does that mean those 2 teams could bank any amount for their future use? Would be an incentive for them to get the Buffs in a bowl.

Go Buffs.
Depends on when the payouts occur from the CFP. Individual bowl games guarantee the participants certain amounts of revenue to cover costs, but the conference gets part of that as well to distribute. The bigger issue is the NCAA Basketball Tournament payouts which are spread out over 6 years if I remember correctly.

Depends on when the payouts occur from the CFP. Individual bowl games guarantee the participants certain amounts of revenue to cover costs, but the conference gets part of that as well to distribute. The bigger issue is the NCAA Basketball Tournament payouts which are spread out over 6 years if I remember correctly.
As usual the winners will be the lawyers as they take their time to settle this whole thing.

Go Buffs.
I like your thinking on this issue.

Go Buffs.
Flawed theory. Wouldn't the easier path be for Wazzu to win tonight and get to 5 wins themselves.

Taking a moment to mourn bowl eligibility

Excluding a complete miracle, the Buffs will become bowl ineligible tonight.

I'm taking a moment to savor just what that means. We've been to TWO bowl games since 2007, and the last time we've won a bowl was 2004. Let that sink in for a moment.

We all have criticisms of BOB but I for one am so appreciative and thankful we're competitive and close to going to bowl games again and that the decades of misery are not yet behind us.

Pac-12 made a conference rule that members could not participate in the postseason with a 5-7 record because... fvck if I know other than typical Pac-12 valuing something cooked up in an ivory tower over football brand exposure, positive recruiting impact and a great student athlete experience.

**** them. What are they going to do, kick us out?

I'm taking a moment to savor just what that means. We've been to TWO bowl games since 2007, and the last time we've won a bowl was 2004. Let that sink in for a moment.

We all have criticisms of BOB but I for one am so appreciative and thankful we're competitive and close to going to bowl games again and that the decades of misery are not yet behind us.
You think it would take a miracle to beat a Wazzu squad that has lost its last 6 games?

Yea, 8:30 in November in Pullman against a desperate WSU squad that's better than their record in their last year in a power five school.

A beat up QB, a patchwork OL, and the curse on CU.

Rest easy gentlepeople, this is going to hurt, so don't make it worse by caring.

Flawed theory.

Which team will draw the most bank from a bowl appearance, WSU or YOUR mutha****ing University of Colorado Golden Buffaloes?
This.

Even if the team is "eligible" at 5-7, the bowl still has to invite them. It's possible that WSU is the only game on CU's schedule that won't sell out. If WSU can't sell 35K tickets to a game to see God's most interesting football team on the opposite sideline, then why the **** would they turn out to see WSU against Furman in "Ed's Bait n' Tackle Tupelo Bowl" in Mississippi?

Back