What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How confident are we that we can still become bowl eligible?

How confident are you that we can become bowl eligible?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jens1893

Club Member
Club Member
Junta Member
And what are the consequences if we do or don’t? Not like the current situation is super surprising after the Stanford collapse but man haven’t we seen this at CU before?

I think a bowl is very unlikely. I also thought before the season started that a bowl was very unlikely.

Going 3-0 created a huge amount of unsubstantiated optimism in the program that wasn't and isn't justified by the state of the program.

It's worth remembering that 3.5 wins was a common line in for gamblers for our win total.

It is also worth really remembering virtually every game last year where we were out of it almost before the game started. Losing a game like this is frustrating but many of our players belonged on the field with that team, last year much less so.

The challenge for Prime and the staff is to maintain recruiting momentum despite the losses. We clearly see that we need to substantially upgrade the talent in the trenches. Our OL coaching may be bad but our talent is worse. Our DL work hard but simply aren't stout enough to stand up.

This year we have done enough to get a pass. The real key to the future of the program is how big a step forward we can make next year. Next season we need to get a bowl and avoid the massive blowouts like Oregon was.

Under performing versus pre season hopes and expectations.

Over performing results and style since 2016.

Overall bummed but optimistic.

There certainly seems to be some unrest amongst the Allbuffs crowd but, other than that, I think the only thing that will be consequential is the makeup of the staff.

It sucks we may not be bowl eligible by the end of the season, but I see the foundation of what Coach Prime is laying down. We will have to make some coaching changes(Byron Leftwich as our new OC, new OLine coach, bringing Warren Sapp on our staff to be a DLine coach). We must also grab a few more recruiting wins and transfer portal players. But I see the vision of what we can be.

Thank goodness for a 12-team playoff. We can get there very quickly next year.

Have to beat AZ next week. Then, can they steal a win in the last two weeks? UT seems very unlikely.

Performing at my expectation for the season (4 wins) but feels sad after all the early season success
Yeah, like the 32 ppg stat, the 4 wins feels misleading when you finish on a likely 6 game losing streak, losing 8 of 9 and going 1-7 in conference play.

On the flip side, there was simply so much ground to make up from last year just to be competitive with the bad and middling teams in conference. They have made up that ground and are now simply just a bad team, not historically putrid.

It doesn’t show up in the W/L column but overall they are heading in the right direction.

It’s the missed opportunities that get me down. We could have bowled this year, or had a real chance. Stanford was a coaching issue (offensive), we simply got out coached in that second half. And OSU I put on the coaching as well (again offensively; it’s a different game if we go into halftime down four with momentum). So odd that it’s the offensive game management that cost us a bowl.

But we could sneak two more wins somehow. You never know. At this point you can’t cross off that Yahtzee. We clearly scratched our ones and chance already, so I guess I’d nix the four of a kind next.

Zona beatup UCLA who beat the crap out of us…we are not winning another game this year…we need to bring in between recruits and portal 20 or so dogs

Yeah, like the 32 ppg stat, the 4 wins feels misleading when you finish on a likely 6 game losing streak, losing 8 of 9 and going 1-7 in conference play.

On the flip side, there was simply so much ground to make up from last year just to be competitive with the bad and middling teams in conference. They have made up that ground and are now simply just a bad team, not historically putrid.

It doesn’t show up in the W/L column but overall they are heading in the right direction.
1-7 sucks, but this also has to be far and away the toughest Pac-12 slate we had during our stint in the conference.

There will be a handful of P5 bowl eligible teams that likely wouldn't have been if facing the same schedule we had

1-7 sucks, but this also has to be far and away the toughest Pac-12 slate we had during our stint in the conference.

There will be a handful of P5 bowl eligible teams that likely wouldn't have been if facing the same schedule we had
agree..pac 12 in its final year was the toughest its been in decades..at the start of the year I thought we could get to 6-7 wins…the Stanford blow up was the dagger …I underestimated how good the pac would be

AZ easily handled UCLA, a team that turned the ball over every time you turned around against the Buffs and still pounded CU. I am in no way confident.
We’re going to beat AZ. Maybe WSU? Seems doubtful but maybe this team and coaches will be fired up to make a statement before the season ends. Most teams can move at will on our defense.

The Block React GIF by Celebrity Apprentice Australia

The LOS is where the game is won and lost. Period. You cant run and cant pass if you cant block. You cant give your line players magic pills either.

Sanders arrived knowing their were problems on the LOS of scrimmage. Sanders was not able to address the LOS problems in his only year of recruiting so far. He did get us a lot of excellent skill players. Weve won 3 more games then last year which is a win too. Were seemingly on our way to something better. Maybe a bowl next year.

If Sanders doesnt address the line needs (I see 2 OL verbals?) next year might also be just as ugly.

Last edited:
The offense can't seem to make adjustments since Oregon exposed them. Scoring fluff points at the end of games when we are down 20 in the fourth quarter looks good in the stat box but doesn't demonstrate how poor the offense has been at moving the ball within the 4 quarters of the game.

I’m not confident. The WTF of 3 quarters against CSU, the absolute shaming at Autzen, the meltdown against Stanford, and the coaching blunders against OSU…not to mention the late game management against USC…this team could have been bowl eligible now. Now I’m just hoping for one more win to get to 5-7 for the 11th time in a decade.

I expected 4 wins in the summer…going 3-0 to start the season, and nearly mounting a comeback against USC had my hopeful. The ugly truth of two decades of not caring about this program with a tidal wave of watery **** that was the Dorrell era capping it off, left Prime with zero momentum and bare cupboards to build off of. What positives that he has been able to bring to Boulder since December was based off of his work. Depending on how things play out these last few games and what personnel moves he makes before the early singing period will tell how serious he is for success within this program.

Prime has made a ton of money for the university and community, brought a ton of focus to CU. Turned a 1-11 historically BAD program around to a 4-win team in what is probably the toughest that the PAC has been since who knows how long? Done with a scrambled together roster and coaching staff. I think he has a better idea of what he is up against, and a bigger picture of what needs to be done

I’m not confident. The WTF of 3 quarters against CSU, the absolute shaming at Autzen, the meltdown against Stanford, and the coaching blunders against OSU…not to mention the late game management against USC…this team could have been bowl eligible now. Now I’m just hoping for one more win to get to 5-7 for the 11th time in a decade.

I expected 4 wins in the summer…going 3-0 to start the season, and nearly mounting a comeback against USC had my hopeful. The ugly truth of two decades of not caring about this program with a tidal wave of watery **** that was the Dorrell era capping it off, left Prime with zero momentum and bare cupboards to build off of. What positives that he has been able to bring to Boulder since December was based off of his work. Depending on how things play out these last few games and what personnel moves he makes before the early singing period will tell how serious he is for success within this program.

Prime has made a ton of money for the university and community, brought a ton of focus to CU. Turned a 1-11 historically BAD program around to a 4-win team in what is probably the toughest that the PAC has been since who knows how long? Done with a scrambled together roster and coaching staff. I think he has a better idea of what he is up against, and a bigger picture of what needs to be done
Fair and balanced. Fr

This team has raised the bar for future performance. The roster got better, but it’s still about 15-20 better players from going from a 4-5 win team to a 7-9 win team.

This is the perfect eval of the situation. Talent is better and will get better. Need to focus on high school trench talent for long term sustainability but some better immediate pieces out of the portal.

This is the perfect eval of the situation. Talent is better and will get better. Need to focus on high school trench talent for long term sustainability but some better immediate pieces out of the portal.
Lines on both side need to be improved with better players. Linebackers need to be improved. The TE room needs some blocking bolstering. Defensive secondary, QB (need QB2/2025 heir apparent), and offensive skill positions are situated.

Coaches need to be accountable, and learn to manage game time and in-game adjustments - period. Whether that is a communication breakdown between players and coaches, or coaches thinking that the can force will upon the opposing team by running the same tired BS every series, or playing what is an undersized ILB/natural safety in an already undersized defensive front. It hasn’t really worked as hoped, and it will not change. Especially when Utah lines up against this at the end of the month.

I’m not an expert on coaching, etc. I do know when something hasn’t worked and the probability of it working is going down like a Lead Zeppelin, it’s probably time to turn the page of the playbook for a while. It feels like what has worked in the past, or even during a live game is abandoned in favor of slow developing behind the LoS wide/spreading/horizontal passes, running a 165 lb running back into a do-nothing OL, or running (possibly) unimaginative pass routes that leave Shedeur making multiple reads behind a do-nothing line. We have a good fast WR room, make it so they run the defensive coverage ragged.

At this juncture, coaching red flags are being raised like beating a level in Super Mario.

....CAN become bowl eligible? 100%
....WILL become bowl eligible? 25%

Back