What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How worried are you about the Hawaii game?

How confident are you in a win at Hawaii?

• 5 - Mark it. Buffs roll in this one.

Votes: 16 9.5%
  • 4 - I respect UH in this one, but expect Buffs to win.

Votes: 73 43.2%
  • 3 - Could go either way.

Votes: 50 29.6%
  • 2 - Recent history of CU results, especially on the road, make me expect a loss.

Votes: 28 16.6%
  • 1 - We'll be ****ed before the 1st Saturday of the season.

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
Worried enough that I'm debating whether or not to wear CU gear while I'm in the islands this week.

Worried enough that I'm debating whether or not to wear CU gear while I'm in the islands this week.

Do it. You might run into friends, family, or coaches of former Buffs and have a pleasant conversation. No worries at all.

Do you guys think Vegas reads Allbuffs and changes odds based on Tini's confidence level for winning a game? I'm debating canceling my trip to not see a loss with how much he isn't worried about this one.

Do you guys think Vegas reads Allbuffs and changes odds based on Tini's confidence level for winning a game? I'm debating canceling my trip to not see a loss with how much he isn't worried about this one.
Some serious coin could be made off of betting opposite of what Tini says on every game in every sport.

I know I fell into that trap last year, and honestly I underestimated Sparkles. Like you said though, it came down to mental preparation. We came out of the tunnel on fire. Were up to 17-0 at one point. However when adversity hit CU wasn't mentally prepared to respond to it. CSU responded and CU crumbled. The mental side is where I expect to see the biggest difference this year.

Sadly CU was never up 17-0 on CSU last year. If we had been, I think CSU would have wilted. I remember screaming at the TV when Colorado kept missing opportunities to go up 17 - 0, or 21 - 0 because I knew it would come back to bite us and it did. My wife thought I was crazy thinking that we were going to lose the game when we had a 10 point lead in the 3rd quarter, but later acknowledged that I was dead on.

Manned up. Wearing the colors. Although I should have worn the CU aloha shirt.

Good point on the Aloha shirt.
It's way overdue for Nike to unveil a new CU themed Hawaii shirt for fans.

I'm mosty worried I will fall asleep during the game or at work Friday since it starts at ****ing 1am eastern time on a thursday!

He has done jack **** at the college level, let's quit talking him up. He hasn't even won the damn job. And he doesn't have 5*'s across the board to throw to either.

He has done jack **** at the college level, let's quit talking him up. He hasn't even won the damn job. And he doesn't have 5*'s across the board to throw to either.
He's thrown for 600 yards... Also Connor Wood destroyed CSU.

To tini's point, somewhat, Wittek really hasn't done anything and may be just another in a long line of flameouts. If memory serves, Hawaii wound up with a 4* transfer from OSU named Taylor Graham (Kent Graham's kid) who was straight garbage too. It happens. But we just don't know. I'm sure plenty of backup QBs for USC were perfectly capable top notch QBs over the years that just never got a shot.

*Cue Tini citing Wittek as a former 4* prospect if he performs well against our defense.

To tini's point, somewhat, Wittek really hasn't done anything and may be just another in a long line of flameouts. If memory serves, Hawaii wound up with a 4* transfer from OSU named Taylor Graham (Kent Graham's kid) who was straight garbage too. It happens. But we just don't know. I'm sure plenty of backup QBs for USC were perfectly capable top notch QBs over the years that just never got a shot.

Hello Matt Cassell

What was Tini saying about Dee Hart before last season?
Don't think so. I think I questioned his ability to come back from 2 severe knee injuries and running behind a OL that had to replace multiple starters. I've always been a Dee Hart fan. He wore his emotions on his sleeve and willed CSU to a victory last year.

I think he just cut back on Shaver/Gilbert crashing....****.

He's thrown for 600 yards... Also Connor Wood destroyed CSU.
While throwing 3 TDs and 6 INTs. So fine, he has done very little in college. You know damn well if I was pumping a player who put up those stats people would jump on me saying he hasn't done anything, hasn't proven himself, etc.

Thanks, didn't see that.

Thought about this a bit and my main concern is Wittek. Few transfers that fail initially succeed elsewhere but Wittek may start for some PAC 12 teams. Let us hope he doesn't prove he could for CU.

Last year's Hawaii game says a lot about settling. Our staff really played it not to lose and if Hawaii had anyone competent behind the center, we may have been in trouble.

I think this CU team is in a better place and we see a nice 10 or so point win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawaii in 2015 is going to be nothing like Hawaii in 2014 with the new OC, new DC and Max Wittek.

1st the D-that completely shut us down last year. Strong secondary and elite LB corps returns...this year even better with 4-star UCLA transfer Jeremy Castro, Arizona transfer Makani Kema-Kaleiwahea (sp?) and JUCO Russell Williams...Oh boy! New DC is a gambler on defense and is going to bring many a blitz with those LBs. Dangerously thin D-line will hurt them in 2nd half and later season.

UH problem last year: terrible QB play. Problem solved with awesome new OC, Wittek and solid receivers. They will be explosive!

Problem with UH beating CU: Chow has got to put these new pieces together at once. That's just too much too fast.

UH in the 1st game is our blessing, their curse. Close game where CU makes good on UH mistakes.

Key player: Christian Powell w/ Dline softening short yardage. Please don't be afraid to run that Clydesdale up the gut early and often.

CU pwin=70%.

Last edited:
Back