What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Huskers first to be rejected by Tad

i can't fault the fuskers for trying with tad because they might be a little slow to catch on that cu is where he wants to be since tad's only exploded on the scene in the last two years, but mark few?! That guy has turned down so many jobs it's not funny. Why did nubs think they had a chance there?

B1G and $$$$$$$$

I can't fault the fuskers for trying with Tad because they might be a little slow to catch on that CU is where he wants to be since Tad's only exploded on the scene in the last two years, but Mark Few?! That guy has turned down so many jobs it's not funny. Why did nubs think they had a chance there?

An NU "how they see themselves / how they really are" meme would seem to be called for.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...ducks-dana-altman-passes-nebraska-cornhuskers
Oregon coach Dana Altman will remain Ducks coach and not entertain the thought of going back to Nebraska, a source with direct knowledge of the situation told ESPN.com Thursday.
When is nebraska gonna realize their basketball program is anything but a destination?

According to sources, Nebraska is expected to focus on Colorado State's Tim Miles and Ohio's John Groce, whose team plays North Carolina in the Sweet 16 in St. Louis Friday

Take Miles and get him out of fort collins. Dude is good.

Last edited:
Ummm. You can still skype date if he is in Lincoln. Pretty sure they have internet...

It's Nebraska. I'm not.

Seriously, I think since we have to deal with CSU in basketball every year, having them not suck is a boon to CU. This isn't like football where the CU-CSU game is a complete waste of time. In basketball, having them be decent and providing an RPI opponent that doesn't hurt us with very little travel necessary is a win for us.

I loved this part of the article - Altman told Oregon's administration as well as Nike CEO Phil Knight that he would stay with the program.

Just in case there were any lingering questions on who runs Oregon's program.

1. 1.5 mil base for Weber is significantly higher than Boyles 500Kish base salary. I guess 1.5 mil is big bucks to me ::shrug:: I don't know what your definition is.

2. Okay I guess I can back down on that. I wasnt saying they were good, simply that their facilities were better than CUs. Would you admit they are equal?

3. Illinois is not Royalty but they are on the step below that. They are a good BCS program with an avid fan base that wants to be good. They have shown some amount of commitment.

4. In terms of national cache the Pac 12 is behind the Big East, Big 10 and (at least in my opinion) the Big 12. Even when the Pac 12 is up they dont usually send as many teams to the tourny as the Big 10.

5. Even if they never recruited Chicago they go into Michigan, Ohio, Penn, etc. Lots of Big Cities with good talent. Colorado has Denver and then... Scottsbluff? Salt Lake City? AZ? Colorado just switched conferences and has to refocus its recruiting targets to an extent.

5 is wrong try L.A. which in my mind is bigger than the cities you have mentioned.

If Miles jumps ship, just proves how badly he wanted out of Fort Collins. Have had a sneaking suspicion for a while he is not a big fan of the new AD up there.

This explains why Smart turned down Illinois. He was waiting for the Rammie job to open up.

My Gleeb has run dry. Somebody hit this man.

Is it my imagination, or does JJ post once a month, but perfectly every time?

Funny post after lammies completely trashing Nebraska:

"the last 3 decades they have been to more NCAA tournaments than CSU if they are terrible what is CSU?

BTW Nebraska looks to be stepping up their commitment to basketball.

http://www.thisisnebraska.com/mbb_facilities.php?sport=mbb

I know the red may hurt your eyes...and your souls, but check out the new arena/training facility. It is pretty awesome. They have the money to do just about anything there. Throw enough cash at a problem and sometimes it gets fixed. I dont think the nubs will ever win a conference title in the B1G but they could show up in the NCAA tourney every now and then if they really show an investment into hoops.

BTW Nebraska looks to be stepping up their commitment to basketball.

http://www.thisisnebraska.com/mbb_facilities.php?sport=mbb

I know the red may hurt your eyes...and your souls, but check out the new arena/training facility. It is pretty awesome. They have the money to do just about anything there. Throw enough cash at a problem and sometimes it gets fixed. I dont think the nubs will ever win a conference title in the B1G but they could show up in the NCAA tourney every now and then if they really show an investment into hoops.

Can I haz that arena?

Can I haz that arena?

Haha I wish. Problem with Boulder/CU vs Lincoln/NU is that Lincoln lets NU do what it wants, because they understand that the only reason people live there and have jobs there is because of Nebraska athletics. I mean letting a college team put up a gigantic arena in the middle of down town is a big deal. even if it is Lincoln, Nebraska.

Boulder would never let that happen. They won't even let CU build on its own land (see south campus). The town along with the Regents/President/Dean/Superintendent of the University do not understand or appreciate the immense value of a successful athletic program not only to the image of the University but to the image and the economy of the surrounding community.

Haha I wish. Problem with Boulder/CU vs Lincoln/NU is that Lincoln lets NU do what it wants, because they understand that the only reason people live there and have jobs there is because of Nebraska athletics. I mean letting a college team put up a gigantic arena in the middle of down town is a big deal. even if it is Lincoln, Nebraska.

Boulder would never let that happen. They won't even let CU build on its own land (see south campus). The town along with the Regents/President/Dean/Superintendent of the University do not understand or appreciate the immense value of a successful athletic program not only to the image of the University but to the image and the economy of the surrounding community.

If I hear one more person claim "Boulder won't let CU build xxxxx" I'm going to freak out. I'll say this again - Boulder can't stop CU from building anything they want to. CU is a state institution and is not bound in any way by Boulder rules and regulations. If CU wanted to completely tear down the CEC and replace it with a 40,000 seat arena, complete with private hot tubs and plasma TV's for each attendee, they could do it. Boulder wouldn't be able to do a damn thing to stop it.

If I hear one more person claim "Boulder won't let CU build xxxxx" I'm going to freak out. I'll say this again - Boulder can't stop CU from building anything they want to. CU is a state institution and is not bound in any way by Boulder rules and regulations. If CU wanted to completely tear down the CEC and replace it with a 40,000 seat arena, complete with private hot tubs and plasma TV's for each attendee, they could do it. Boulder wouldn't be able to do a damn thing to stop it.

The city of Boulder is preventing CU from building on south campus by not issuing water taps.That is a Fact. CU could build what ever the hell they want to out there however no running water, no buildings. On main campus you are correct because they already have the utility hook ups.

This is the whole hang up with the creation of the new sports-plex they want to build on South Campus. They want to move Potts, and build a new tennis facility along with hopefully softball and baseball diamonds. But Boulder doesn't want anything built out there since it is the "enterance to boulder" or some **** like that.

On main campus the Practice Facility for football will be built whether the public likes it or not. My point about the basketball arena was Boulder giving us some other plot of land near downtown, similar to what nebraska is doing, to build an awesome new venue. We would have to tear down coors and rebuild there. This means for probably two seasons they would play bball at the First Bank Center in broomfield, if they ever wanted a new arena.

Last edited:
Back