What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I have to be honest...

You don't have the surgical precision to pull off a maneuver like that or the technology.

128728268758751858.jpg

I'm surprised that a twerp who previously sucked farts out of upholstery at a car wash was accepted at CU. Mommy must give good head to the right people.

I'm surprised that a twerp who previously sucked farts out of upholstery at a car wash was accepted at CU. Mommy must give good head to the right people.
Because a high school job translates to my intelligence? Since I umpire football and baseball does that make me an idot as well?

I have been a Buff fan since the day I set foot on campus in 1987.

But watching the team get their butts kicked over and over and over on the road, suffering through four years of D II ineptitude, and then seeing another blowout has just about done it for me.

Maybe I'll feel differently by Saturday....:huh:

I set foot on campus in 1987 too. The ****storm we were forced to endure over the last 5 years was awful for everyone (except D2, he got paid handsomely for it). It brought a quick halt to what was frankly, pretty much a terrific 18 year run ('87-'05), with loads of wins and plenty of top 5, 10, and 20 rankings.

I also remember the years '80-'86 which, somehow were the years I really remember becoming a Buff fan, which is kind of a minor miracle, considering how lean those years were. I remember several things about '86: 1) Starting 0-4 and thinking, "That's the program where I'm headed to college next year?"; 2) I remember CSU coming into Boulder among that 0-4 start and whipping us 23-7, again I thought, "Holy ****, that's my program?"; then all of a sudden: 3) Beating NU ; 4) Finishing the schedule 6-2 to head to a bowl and going 6-1 in Big 8 play.

I don't think we're gonna pull the same '86 turnaround this year and finish 2nd in the Pac, but I do believe Embo & Co will get the team to turn that corner, maybe this year, maybe not. But I am gonna give them time to foster a winning attitude. It takes a hell of a lot of time to turn a losing program into a winner, but a winning program can be brought to it's knees in no time-- the last 5 years are proof of that.

I can't be there for Wazzou on Sat, but I for damn sure am gonna do everything I can to be there the rest of the way!!

Embo & Co, I still got your backs.

GO BUFFS!

WOW! I'd make every game an endless tie and live it up at Dave & Busters drinking soda pops. Good for you!
$31/hour for not doing much as a college student is pretty good in my eyes. I guess you were making $1860/hour as a college student weren't you?

In college I was making friends. You should try it. Great investment.
Ah yes I forgot that me umpiring football happens 7 days a week. Sorry I'll try to work meeting people around my schedule. Maybe while I'm at it I can go find some roommates so I won't be lonely when I get back from umpiring. Good advice and thanks. You truly are a smart human being.

Did a little cipher'n. Given that we are currently in the longest downward trend in our history (at least that is what the 5yr trend looks like) I can see why fans would be frustrated, feeling helpless and wondering when or if it will come back. Even in the Barnet era, we were trending down. About each of us has is the memory of good things in the past, glimpses of goodness in the present and the hope of better to come. Being a football fan doesn't mean you abdicate being human.

CU Record.jpg

I have a good friend who is an OU grad and season ticket holder (he lives in Dallas now). He and his friends often thank John Blake because that is how they were able to get season tickets. There was no wait list back in those days like there is now. Tickets were plentiful. I went to an OU/NU game in Norman back in 1996 or so. The stadium was half empty.

Tini, you're in no position to give life advice. You haven't been alive long enough to do anything yet.

Half empty for a game against Nebraska? Wow. Makes me wonder what programs around the country are guaranteed to sell out games (or get very close to sell outs) no matter how bad things get. I'd have to think Nebraska would sell out games no matter what. Maybe Texas A&M? Alabama? Ohio State? Pretty sure none of the Pac-12 schools fit the bill.

You spend most of your time here trying to piss people off and you've made no friends.

he just needs a girl friend. once he loses his virginity, he'll be less of a douchebag poster to people who have been attending CU games and supporting CU financially for many decades longer than said douchebag has been on this earth.

he just needs a girl friend. once he loses his virginity, he'll be less of a douchebag poster to people who have been attending CU games and supporting CU financially for many decades longer than said douchebag has been on this earth.
Just keep goin, one day you may be close.

I sympathize with the OP. I live for football season - gameday weekends tailgating at the base of the flat irons. Living and dying with the Broncos on Sundays. I eat, drink, sleep football. Born and raised in Colorado - third generation Broncos and Buffs fan.

This past weekend felt like the straw that broke the camel's back. Both teams have been really bad for a long time now. This weekend was an indicator that neither team is even close to turning the corner. They are closer to rock bottom than they are mediocrity.

The Buffs are particularly troubling for me because there is no #1 draft pick or free agency waiting for us at the end of the tunnel. At least Embree and Co. give me hope that we can get things turned around on the recruiting trail - but it's sort of like a chicken/egg thing - when you are a horrendous football team for a very long time, it's tough to convince the elite players to come to CU no matter how good our recruiters are. Now, there are indicators that we are making progress, but man - it's going to be a long ride.

I've been talking myself off the ledge for a number of years, but I'm close to jumping. Not literally of course, but I feel like this football addiction has turned into a psychosis. I need to find something else to do with my weekends - I can't take all the heartache.

Last edited:

A study in the science of retroactive birth control.

Back