What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

If the Big Ten offered CU, would you want to switch?

If offered, should CU join the Big Ten?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
idk how you say no, B10 is a far superior conference money wise and TV wise. I prefer the P12 schools, but that's about it.

Recruiting wise it'd kinda suck, but we barely recruit CA as is so not a huge loss there. Of our commits, who would we have not gotten from CA? Maybe Dylan Thomas? Nebraska hasn't had any big issues recruiting CA from the middle of nowhere to the B10 the last few years. Wisconsin survives by recruiting Ohio, New Jersey, and Florida. Somehow for $20 million a year more I think we'd figure it out. Maybe just maybe we could afford to have 9 people on a staff that actually recruit.
6/15 HS commits are from CA this year. 1/2 grayshirts joining in January are from CA.

let's see... pedo state closes off the northeast, meat-chicken and the dirty ohio state own the midwest and then maybe thrown noter dumb into that too. the fuskers are getting bitch-slapped every year and will not contend for a conference championship any time soon. and, we want to go outside our natural footprint and our recruiting and alum relationships to do what? get curb-stomped by michigan and ohio state every year? start all over again with building up our program in a new conference? one year after playing for the p12 title? this is worth 20mm to whom?

the p12 will improve its tv money. and, we are interconnected enough to this conference to not only do well, but to be very successful.

if i hated this idea any more than i do right now, it would be the state of nebraska.

First off, this would likely never happen but nonetheless it's fun to talk about.

CU would be in the West division so they wouldn't have to face Ohio State, Michigan, and PSU on a regular basis. I get the recruiting aspect but we're recruiting Texas now despite not having a conference affiliation in that state and we still recruited California well back in the late 80's and 90's when we were in the Big 8/12. And not to diminish recruiting but Wisconsin has been in the CFB mix 2 of the 4 years of its existence despite very average recruiting rankings over the years.

H to the F No.
Larry Scott "just" needs to get his **** together or have his ass fired.

Given CU’s conference record since joining the P12, there isn’t a sterling case that this so-called “natural fit” in the P12 is actually returning CU to the historical top 25-30 finish so many of us seek to replicate in the big money TV contract era.

CU has underperformed in the B12 and P12, outside of s few a magical seasons (2001, 2016). No doubt they’d likely struggle against B1G blue bloods, too.

It just sucks to see Vanderbuilt, Mississippi State, Rutgers, and Northwestern eclipse CU in terms of TV money and exposure. An extra $20M coming in each year could make a cellar more homey. Might even allow CU to add sports.

6/15 HS commits are from CA this year. 1/2 grayshirts joining in January are from CA.

Ok, if you'd like to get technical, we barely recruit good CA players. How many of those 7 are top 50 CA type players? How many would we really not have gotten if we were in the B10?

I would. I’m not a big fan of the PAC. Game start times are awful, very difficult to see games and I still just don’t care about any of the PAC teams. There just doesn’t seem to be much passion in the PAC (which I suppose makes CU a good fit, but I still don’t like it).

dcj3LAi.jpg

this idea should be first chain-sawed into small pieces, then hacked up into smaller pieces, then placed in a pit, covered in gasoline, and burned. then, the ashes should be asparagus peed on. then, hydrochloric acid should be poured on the remaining ashes. then, a fusker yard worker should be made to collect whatever is left and place the remains into a canister. the canister should then be dropped into an active volcano. finally, 3 voodoo priestesses should gather around the edge of the volcano and cast a spell of protection against this ever happening.

So you are a slight lean against?

No, not interested.

We wouldn't be able to recruit, we lose contact with our alumni base, and instead of dealing with one school who can afford to do win at all cost on a high level (USC) we end up in a league with multiples of them (tOSU, Mich, Penn State, maybe more.)

I agree 100% with the entirety of your post, except for this.

That sentence represents nothing more than unsubstantiated hope.

I hope it's true, too.

But hope doesn't pay for stadium upgrades, it doesn't pay for scholarships, it doesn't pay for coaches.

You can hope in one hand and **** in the other - tell me which one else up faster.
I think the pressure on PAC12 to get it's financial, competitive, and scheduling **** together will eventually force the necessary changes, but am concerned it will be too little too late. I'm with you, agree with liver 100% on everything else, but I don't see the urgency from the commissioner's office et al. that should be there to improve this conference's position.

Last edited:
Also I can't imagine the rest of the BIG would be willing to give CU a full revenue share, at least initially so that would somewhat mitigate any financial benefit of moving, not to mention I assume we would have some massive buyout with the Pac.

this idea should be first chain-sawed into small pieces, then hacked up into smaller pieces, then placed in a pit, covered in gasoline, and burned. then, the ashes should be asparagus peed on. then, hydrochloric acid should be poured on the remaining ashes. then, a fusker yard worker should be made to collect whatever is left and place the remains into a canister. the canister should then be dropped into an active volcano. finally, 3 voodoo priestesses should gather around the edge of the volcano and cast a spell of protection against this ever happening.

Tell us how you really feel... haha

I would vote HELL NO, because I personally hate everything about the Big 10 in terms of locations, attitude, and schools.
However, I was always wondering if a master plan was hatched to essentially create the 48 team collegiate super conference we have all talked about, and give the 48 teams $100 million each per year, then would it be possible to just fold up all the networks and move forward with a new model faster and easier than having each conference function separately. There has to be commitment to work together to create as level a playing field as possible to make the sport continue to grow.
I am getting Alabama and Clemson Fatigue!!!

....so you're not in favor of destroying the volcano, you'd be satisfied with just a couple spells? Asking for a friend.

I would vote HELL NO, because I personally hate everything about the Big 10 in terms of locations, attitude, and schools.
However, I was always wondering if a master plan was hatched to essentially create the 48 team collegiate super conference we have all talked about, and give the 48 teams $100 million each per year, then would it be possible to just fold up all the networks and move forward with a new model faster and easier than having each conference function separately. There has to be commitment to work together to create as level a playing field as possible to make the sport continue to grow.
I am getting Alabama and Clemson Fatigue!!!

Concur on hating the Big 10.
I'm hard on Carolina for hating the Pac, but I get it. I feel the same about the ACC. I think it's just there, and there's no element that I can get excited about. Clemson flashed, and FSU has some history. But Oregon has flashed and USC has history. So I think we feel the same, and are influenced by our geography. And also, he just doesn't know better because he apparently falls asleep early. I like late night football.

I love the Pac. I'll watch any Utah or Washington State game over any SEC game every time. I know that's not a popular sentiment nationally, but I just get excited about the conference. I acknowledge that Pac teams don't necessarily have the same game-day atmosphere or whacko support that schools in the southeast have, but for ****'s sake, they exist in places worth visiting, and I tend to like the fans from most of our conference mates.

Now on to the Big 10. I view the ACC as generally pointless--as I've said--and I think we all know by now that I ****ing hate the SEC.

But the Big 10? If it were a car, it would be a mini-van. There is nothing quite as uninspired as Big 10 football. Sad towns, bland fans, just...ugh. So again, no to the Big 10. Even if we were in the conference, I don't think I would watch conference games that didn't involve CU. Tough to get excited about that big trip to West Lafayette. **** that.

Concur on hating the Big 10.
I'm hard on Carolina for hating the Pac, but I get it. I feel the same about the ACC. I think it's just there, and there's no element that I can get excited about. Clemson flashed, and FSU has some history. But Oregon has flashed and USC has history. So I think we feel the same, and are influenced by our geography. And also, he just doesn't know better because he apparently falls asleep early. I like late night football.

I love the Pac. I'll watch any Utah or Washington State game over any SEC game every time. I know that's not a popular sentiment nationally, but I just get excited about the conference. I acknowledge that Pac teams don't necessarily have the same game-day atmosphere or whacko support that schools in the southeast have, but for ****'s sake, they exist in places worth visiting, and I tend to like the fans from most of our conference mates.

Now on to the Big 10. I view the ACC as generally pointless--as I've said--and I think we all know by now that I ****ing hate the SEC.

But the Big 10? If it were a car, it would be a mini-van. There is nothing quite as uninspired as Big 10 football. Sad towns, bland fans, just...ugh. So again, no to the Big 10. Even if we were in the conference, I don't think I would watch conference games that didn't involve CU. Tough to get excited about that big trip to West Lafayette. **** that.

I miss the Big 12. It was a middle ground between mini-van and BMW. Had some nice rivalries like Nebraska, some big football schools & contenders like Texas & Oklahoma, a few kick-around schools that were reliably beatable (we don't need to talk about the times we didn't)....

It wasn't flashy, but it was comfortable. Pac-12 is better for recruiting CA & TX, but other than just wishing ill upon USC & Stanford (and some historical acrimony against Washington & Rick Neuheisel), I don't feel like we've got much of a stake in it. I just compare how I felt when we beat Texas to how it would (IN THEORY) feel if we beat Washington or something. Sigh....the good ol' days.

Last edited:
I miss the Big 12. It was a middle ground between mini-van and BMW. Had some nice rivalries like Nebraska & Baylor, some big football schools & contenders like Texas & Oklahoma, a few kick-around schools that were reliably beatable (we don't need to talk about the times we didn't)....

It wasn't flashy, but it was comfortable. Pac-12 is better for recruiting CA & TX, but other than just wishing ill upon USC & Stanford (and some historical acrimony against Washington & Rick Neuheisel), I feel like we're still outsiders or something. Sigh....the good ol' days.

A rivalry with Baylor? Huh?

I vote yes. We would step back on Cali recruiting where we are already way behind. I don't blame kids for choosing the weather of the California or Arizona schools. I don't blame them for picking the facilities of Oregon or Washington and I don't blame them for wanting an education from Stanford.

However, in the Big 10 we CAN compete. We would instantly have the most desirable campus. I will trade the 3 star Cali recruits we currently get to be more competitive in the mid-west.

The Big 10 plays a brand of football I believe that fits what CU is all about.

I have to admit that although I much prefer the Pac-12 to the old Big 12, I miss feeling so much hate every Saturday.

give it time. i already hate america's stripper U. i hate usc, not quite with a glowing intensity like the fuskers, but it is developing. i hate oregon. i've hated uw for a couple of decades. when i watched ****ing cal of all programs bitch slap embree's team in berkeley, i had a pretty good hate on. arizona, oregon state, wsu... who cares? they are like iowa state and kansas in the old big 12. stanford, i should hate, but i've been more focused on usc. and ucla, i fear about as much as a freaking splinter-- they are more of an annoyance.

it takes awhile to build up grievances and hatred. if you go back to the b12, i could give you a reason to hate each and every team, including iowa state. give it time.

Back