What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

If the Big Ten offered CU, would you want to switch?

If offered, should CU join the Big Ten?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
I've seen this brought up in a few tweets and realignment posts the past few weeks, so I figured I may as well start a thread.

The Big Ten is all about flagships that are AAU members, so a school like CU would be of interest if they went to 16 teams. They also need to beef up the quality of their western division.

For positives, it would mean a return of the Nebraska rivalry along with a ton more money every year.

However, it would also mean a disconnect with most of the alumni base (lots of Illinois Buffs, but we'd lose the connection to California along with the Texas connection we already lost). Would also likely be a big blow to recruiting.

Id say no because of recruiting but the money would be nice and playing the Nubs. The Pac 12 needs to get its **** together.

I've seen this brought up in a few tweets and realignment posts the past few weeks, so I figured I may as well start a thread.

The Big Ten is all about flagships that are AAU members, so a school like CU would be of interest if they went to 16 teams. They also need to beef up the quality of their western division.

For positives, it would mean a return of the Nebraska rivalry along with a ton more money every year.

However, it would also mean a disconnect with most of the alumni base (lots of Illinois Buffs, but we'd lose the connection to California along with the Texas connection we already lost). Would also likely be a big blow to recruiting.

No-We can start playing NU on a very regular basis (maybe not every year, but 4-5 times every 10 seasons) with the flexibility we'll gain by not playing little brother in football after 2020. It'd make more sense to rejoin the Big 12 than do that.

I went with yes.
-B1G negotiates better TV deals by the nature of TZ and population. This means exposure, >$, > coaching salaries, > facilities options
-B1G is on DTV
-Better game times
- Selfishly it would give me a chance to travel to a whole bunch more college towns. It’s been a hoot to travel through the P12 and B12 location. Be fun to do the same with a mostly new slate.

this idea should be first chain-sawed into small pieces, then hacked up into smaller pieces, then placed in a pit, covered in gasoline, and burned. then, the ashes should be asparagus peed on. then, hydrochloric acid should be poured on the remaining ashes. then, a fusker yard worker should be made to collect whatever is left and place the remains into a canister. the canister should then be dropped into an active volcano. finally, 3 voodoo priestesses should gather around the edge of the volcano and cast a spell of protection against this ever happening.

this idea should be first chain-sawed into small pieces, then hacked up into smaller pieces, then placed in a pit, covered in gasoline, and burned. then, the ashes should be asparagus peed on. then, hydrochloric acid should be poured on the remaining ashes. then, a fusker yard worker should be made to collect whatever is left and place the remains into a canister. the canister should then be dropped into an active volcano. finally, 3 voodoo priestesses should gather around the edge of the volcano and cast a spell of protection against this ever happening.

Can't you just return the idea to Buffnik via certified mail?

1dbp6s.jpg

Id prefer to stay put and have the Pac-12 pull its head out of its ass. If Scott cant do that, find somebody or somebodies, that can.

I went with yes.
-B1G negotiates better TV deals by the nature of TZ and population. This means exposure, >$, > coaching salaries, > facilities options
-B1G is on DTV
-Better game times
- Selfishly it would give me a chance to travel to a whole bunch more college towns. It’s been a hoot to travel through the P12 and B12 location. Be fun to do the same with a mostly new slate.

Absolutely yes! Mainly for reasons 1 and 3 above

TV and media exposure would be better.

But the big point: over the next 5 years, there are more than $100 million reasons to say yes.

Disconnect from alumni, fans and recruiting grounds would be major issues.

But $20 mil a year, every year, isn't something that can just be ignored.

Would this happen under an expansion to 16 teams or as a replacement for Nebraska if they were to jump back to the Big 12?

Either way, if we go I just hope we find a way to keep our most hated rival on the schedule every year...you know, Utah.

let's see... pedo state closes off the northeast, meat-chicken and the dirty ohio state own the midwest and then maybe thrown noter dumb into that too. the fuskers are getting bitch-slapped every year and will not contend for a conference championship any time soon. and, we want to go outside our natural footprint and our recruiting and alum relationships to do what? get curb-stomped by michigan and ohio state every year? start all over again with building up our program in a new conference? one year after playing for the p12 title? this is worth 20mm to whom?

the p12 will improve its tv money. and, we are interconnected enough to this conference to not only do well, but to be very successful.

if i hated this idea any more than i do right now, it would be the state of nebraska.

idk how you say no, B10 is a far superior conference money wise and TV wise. I prefer the P12 schools, but that's about it.

Recruiting wise it'd kinda suck, but we barely recruit CA as is so not a huge loss there. Of our commits, who would we have not gotten from CA? Maybe Dylan Thomas? Nebraska hasn't had any big issues recruiting CA from the middle of nowhere to the B10 the last few years. Wisconsin survives by recruiting Ohio, New Jersey, and Florida. Somehow for $20 million a year more I think we'd figure it out. Maybe just maybe we could afford to have 9 people on a staff that actually recruit.

the p12 will improve its tv money.
I agree 100% with the entirety of your post, except for this.

That sentence represents nothing more than unsubstantiated hope.

I hope it's true, too.

But hope doesn't pay for stadium upgrades, it doesn't pay for scholarships, it doesn't pay for coaches.

You can hope in one hand and **** in the other - tell me which one else up faster.

Back