What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Investigation completed: Meyer suspended three games

It was a mis-use of Ohio State funds and Meyer did not punish him for it. This is not a story about legality as it relates to Meyer.

All I saw in the article was that he went to a strip club in Florida with Herman and there were high school coaches there at the same time. I didn’t see where he used OSU funds to pay for it. I just saw the total cost.

Smith did not request to be reimbursed by the school for the excursion, and it is unknown whether he or Herman paid for any of the high school coaches at the club, a move that could be considered an NCAA violation.

Still seems like a lot of nothing to me. It “could be considered an NCAA violation”... if he paid for the high school coaches. There’s no proof that he paid for the high school coaches nor did he request reimbursement from OSU for the cost. I think we should be concentrating on the accusations of domestic violence. I don’t care if he went to a strip club with Tom Herman.

Still seems like a lot of nothing to me. It “could be considered an NCAA violation”... if he paid for the high school coaches. There’s no proof that he paid for the high school coaches nor did he request reimbursement from OSU for the cost. I think we should be concentrating on the accusations of domestic violence. I don’t care if he went to a strip club with Tom Herman.

It is a pattern with Zach Smith though. Of course some things are more than others, but that does not mean you ignore the "minor" stuff. It all matters when one assistant coach is allowed to do anything he wants (including carrying on an affair with a junior staff member of the AD).

I don’t think there was much doubt about him being a sleaze. I guess if the purpose of the article was to add fuel to the fire that he’s a sleaze, then I suppose that’s what it did.

Have no idea of the specifics but if it could be shown that he paid for the high school coaches and it was paid for by a booster they would be in deep trouble. This would be a significant NCAA violation and it is hard to imagine that it would not also be a violation of Ohio State policies and potentially could be a violation of state law.

Have no idea of the specifics but if it could be shown that he paid for the high school coaches and it was paid for by a booster they would be in deep trouble. This would be a significant NCAA violation and it is hard to imagine that it would not also be a violation of Ohio State policies and potentially could be a violation of state law.
True. All of it. But, none of it has been proven and as far as I know none of it has even been accused.

I don’t think there was much doubt about him being a sleaze. I guess if the purpose of the article was to add fuel to the fire that he’s a sleaze, then I suppose that’s what it did.

It is not just about him being a sleaze. As a university employee, he delved into some extremely grey areas (at best).

Oh boy. He actually brought his kids into this in an attempt to gain sympathy. This guy is a ****ing gem.

Not surprising. In his world, every time he laid hands on his ex-wife it was her fault and he had no choice.
Blame the messenger for all of your poor choices.

This dude is out of his f*cking mind.

Edit: And if you take a look at Brenda Tracy's Twitter feed, it's become apparent that OSU has one of the most deplorable fanbases in all of college sports. Just awful. Just look at the replies to this.

Never really hated OSU before, I do now.

I always disliked them, they were to willing to make compromises to win like Clarrett, Tressell, jersey and ticket selling players, etc. Goes all the way back to their willingness to try to protect Earl Bruce abusing players until the heat got too much for them.

Covering for a slimeball like Smith though takes it to a whole different level. I don't care if she is crazy or provokes things (only his allegations by the way, no evidence of this yet) a real man finds some other way of dealing with these situations than violence towards a woman, any woman.

For any attorneys here who have worked in family law.

What might be the chances that Zack Smith's public actions including posting his kids and the revelations about his "activities" could result in changes to his custody rights to the children?

He is going to be forced back into dealing with the divorce agreement because there is no way he is getting another coaching job that pays anything close to what tOSU was paying him. Have no idea what his other employment prospects are but his ability to pay support is going to be significantly reduced.

Back