What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Investigation completed: Meyer suspended three games

Have to think this will not be the last of this. So many questions still unanswered and people are going to be digging.

For those of you not familiar with the back story, Herbstreit made some comments that were critical of Ohio St and he got so many death threats that he packed up and left. Apparently even his kids were getting death threats.

That fanbase has a lot of losers.

I enjoy being a fan but when peoples personal identity is tied to a college team to the point that they are willing to compromise normal human decency and values then something is wrong.

And yes I am also talking to you Nebraska, Baylor, Miami, Penn State, Michigan State etc. in addition to Ohio State.

To bring it to the point of making threats not only against an individual but their family is just sick.

I enjoy being a fan but when peoples personal identity is tied to a college team to the point that they are willing to compromise normal human decency and values then something is wrong.

And yes I am also talking to you Nebraska, Baylor, Miami, Penn State, Michigan State etc. in addition to Ohio State.

To bring it to the point of making threats not only against an individual but their family is just sick.
Everyone is guilty of it to some extent. At the least, it influences where we are willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

College football culture is by far the most toxic of any major sport, and it's completely due to the major inequalities across the "big time" programs. The sooner a separate league is created for the big programs to be under one governing body, playing by the same rules and everyone sharing the revenue on an equal basis, the sooner that culture is able to be changed. Until that time, this will be the norm.

Good Lord, dude is just ****ing digging the knife in deeper. It is ok to say I ****ed up and just own it and work on that part of your behavior. I don't have much faith that prick will do that.

Last edited:
College football culture is by far the most toxic of any major sport, and it's completely due to the major inequalities across the "big time" programs. The sooner a separate league is created for the big programs to be under one governing body, playing by the same rules and everyone sharing the revenue on an equal basis, the sooner that culture is able to be changed. Until that time, this will be the norm.
Puke Scheck. What I like about college football is that it nothing like the NFL. I’m an NFL fan, but I don’t need two of them.

Puke Scheck. What I like about college football is that it nothing like the NFL. I’m an NFL fan, but I don’t need two of them.
I love college football, too, but the inequality across the leagues is creating a situation where $$$ is king, and corruption is part of the sport. Say what you will about the NFL, but that is a league of choir boys compared to the NCAA game.

Meyer deleted his texts from over a year ago. That’s one of the first things he did. That’s s possible cover-up.

Why didn’t the investigators look at others’ “received messages” such as his wife, Gene Smith, Zac Smith?

This investigation was rushed. Many issues emerged in the damning report that should have been followed with additional questions and investigation.

Meyer deleted his texts from over a year ago. That’s one of the first things he did. That’s s possible cover-up.

Why didn’t the investigators look at others’ “received messages” such as his wife, Gene Smith, Zac Smith?

This investigation was rushed. Many issues emerged in the damning report that should have been followed with additional questions and investigation.

5 of the 6 members of the investigative committee had direct ties to Ohio State.

Given how that press conference went it sounds like Ohio State doesn't believe Courtney Smith's claims of abuse.

Reading now that urban meyer was permitted to meet and address the team and coaches just after his suspension was announced, he spent about 45min to an hour according to reports. WTF? talk about a country club suspension. Rules state no contact.

Reading now that urban meyer was permitted to meet and address the team and coaches just after his suspension was announced, he spent about 45min to an hour according to reports. WTF? talk about a country club suspension. Rules state no contact.

If they cared about the rules in the first place they wouldn't be Ohio State.

The only reason there is a suspension is to get the national media off their case. It wouldn't surprise me if they are more worried about even bigger stuff coming out.

They are the ones who imposed the suspension, they get to interpret the rules that go with it.

Honestly would love to see more dirt come out on Urban to force OSU’s hand.
Mainly because he is only still around because of wins. They showed their priorities with this.

Back