What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Investigation completed: Meyer suspended three games

The judgementalness and sanctimony of you and many in the CU fan base is pathetic. Whether it’s political or college football related, your self righteousness indignation is nothing but an ego trip.

Sounds like a very judgmental statement on your part.

No program is perfect, everybody has flaws and makes mistakes, it's called being human.

To try to compare a situation where the coach first acted to insure the safety of the victim, the assistant coach was removed from the program, the HC and AD were punished for not following a newer process they had not been informed of. Fans were outraged that the assistant had not been fired more quickly.

At tOSU the coach covered up the offenses (multiple,) lied about them, was only punished after outside media took the story, kept the coach on for at least two seasons after having full knowledge, and the fans blamed the victim.

To try to say that the actions of CU and it's fan base are in any way similar is somewhere between stupid and ridiculous.

tOSU: we know coach meyer deleted all of his texts from over a year ago. We don’t know if that was already a setting or if he just put on that setting. Either way, we know he deleted those texts.

Meyer: you can’t fire me without the texts.

tOSU: we can’t fire coach meyer without the texts, but let’s suspend him 3 games because he may have deleted the texts. After that, we need him to help us win the big 10! Go buckeyes!

tOSU: we know coach meyer deleted all of his texts from over a year ago. We don’t know if that was already a setting or if he just put on that setting. Either way, we know he deleted those texts.

tOSU: we can’t fire coach meyer without the texts, but let’s suspend him 3 games because he may have deleted the texts. After that, we need him to help us win the big 10! Go buckeyes!
Meyer: I refuse to be suspended.

tOSU: This is not a suspension. Meyer will engage in all team and coaching activities during these 3 weeks. He just won't be on the sideline during the game because that would be bad optics and we really want this to go away so the nation can focus on the important things like beating Michigan.

I really don’t understand how smith isn’t getting more heat/fires. He knew of the allegations in 2015 first, told urban Meyer about them shortly after it happened, didn’t escalate the problem to the president/chancellor and didn’t get rid of smith. How is that acceptable? I get that people want to crucify urban Meyer but the admin need to handle these situations. Maybe a lot of it was that he was part of the OSu family.

Till now, I’ve always been kinda meh when it comes to tOSU. Didn’t really care about them. Now, I despise them. Will be rooting for any team that plays them. Forever.

we all seen this coming. Why are we acting surprised? the blue blood programs and the teams that have been winning the past 5 or so years can literally get away with murder.

I really don’t understand how smith isn’t getting more heat/fires. He knew of the allegations in 2015 first, told urban Meyer about them shortly after it happened, didn’t escalate the problem to the president/chancellor and didn’t get rid of smith. How is that acceptable? I get that people want to crucify urban Meyer but the admin need to handle these situations. Maybe a lot of it was that he was part of the OSu family.
Apparently no one at tOSU above Meyer learned about anything relating to Smith until 2018.

Apparently no one at tOSU above Meyer learned about anything relating to Smith until 2018.
I thought they learned about the 2009 arrest in 2018 but I thought I read Smith was made aware about the 2015 arrest before Meyer was, called a meeting with Meyer to tell im about it and then didn't escalate/act on it.

I thought they learned about the 2009 arrest in 2018 but I thought I read Smith was made aware about the 2015 arrest before Meyer was, called a meeting with Meyer to tell im about it and then didn't escalate/act on it.
Possibly. Maybe I'm thinking about Shelly Meyer's claim that she didn't share the report and text messages of the the abuse with Urban after being asked to. Nor did she share with any superior at tOSU - which would have been her obligation since both of Mrs. Meyer and the abused were both employees of the university.

Smith definitely knew about the 2015 incident shortly after it happened. He even suggested to Meyer after the 2016 that Smith should be let go, but Meyer ignored him.

Maybe tOSU should retain a law firm like Pepper Hamilton/ Cozen O’Connor that investigated the Baylor and CU Tumpkin abuse situations. Maybe after this or next season, the law firm can report out to the public with all the details and a set of compliance recommendations.

So who do we root for in Big Ten East games between Ohio State, Michigan State, Penn State and Maryland?

Whoda thunk the coach who had a slumber party with his kicker during the recruitment process would now be the cleanest one in that division?

if one were making a list of the top 20 all-time cheating and lawless programs, ohio state would be high on the list. maybe higher than bailer just because ohio state cheated and did wrong for so many more decades.

the sec would, like in the normal rankings, dominate. coincidence?

Back