What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jim Leavitt hired as new Colorado DC

When I started doing it the intent was to just show the, um, negative opinions, shall we say. Unfortunately, the thread is locked, so I couldn't try the multiple quote function. Not sure if that function has a limit. So I had to high light, cut and paste, :lol: Took forever.

Gotta love your dedication, DBT.

I truly hope the Buffs become a football power again, but most of you are brushing aside this guy's issue:
At age 48, not as a kid, he hit one of his players, tried to obstruct justice by bullying him into changing his story ("I'm the most powerful man in the building") and lied to his university - then was fired and no one in college ball would touch him for 10 years. The admin, wanting to build a brand and collect the bucks, gave him a shot.

Women who are battered by men, have to learn the hard way: a dog that bites once, bites again. Hopefully he has learned and can control himself, but his base personality hasn't changed.

CU became a lot more like those schools that "we now take you to..." with this hire.

Again, I hope he helps lift the program back to 1990 heights, but it's pretty BS to listen to all you guys talking about this amazing hire by RG. You don't think dozens of schools looked at him over the years? -- of course they did.

wait, I thought his issue was that he's white. I mean, that's your implication, isn't it?

I truly hope the Buffs become a football power again, but most of you are brushing aside this guy's issue:
At age 48, not as a kid, he hit one of his players, tried to obstruct justice by bullying him into changing his story ("I'm the most powerful man in the building") and lied to his university - then was fired and no one in college ball would touch him for 10 years. The admin, wanting to build a brand and collect the bucks, gave him a shot.

Women who are battered by men, have to learn the hard way: a dog that bites once, bites again. Hopefully he has learned and can control himself, but his base personality hasn't changed.

CU became a lot more like those schools that "we now take you to..." with this hire.

Again, I hope he helps lift the program back to 1990 heights, but it's pretty BS to listen to all you guys talking about this amazing hire by RG. You don't think dozens of schools looked at him over the years? -- of course they did.

It's not like the guy was trying to score some illegal drugs off the internet while completely abandoning his job and losing credibility in what he does.

He can coach, did his time and he knows what he has riding on this. We were able to capitalize and get a good deal because of this, smart business.

per Footballscoop

(keep discussion in this thread for SEO reasons, thank you)

Did you guys track this? Its been a bit of time and I didn't try searches in day 1, day 2 or day 3 but were not on the first 3 pages when you google his name 10 days later.

It will be amusing to see if "one man" can make that kind of a difference with roughly the same core of players.

It's my belief that the defense would have been significantly better in 2015 if Baer and LaRussa had returned, given the additions, growth from returning players and likely better health. With Leavitt and Tumpkin replacing those coaches, I feel even more confident.

It's my belief that the defense would have been significantly better in 2015 if Baer and LaRussa had returned, given the additions, growth from returning players and likely better health. With Leavitt and Tumpkin replacing those coaches, I feel even more confident.
Yep

Did you guys track this? Its been a bit of time and I didn't try searches in day 1, day 2 or day 3 but were not on the first 3 pages when you google his name 10 days later.

we do track it

Levitt is now int eh top 200 queries that causes an Allbuffs impression. I should really create a blog, a bio, and tied it all together but that is real work i don't have time to do right now.

I remember my reaction to the Leavitt reports and I was very tough on the guy. But he then won a $3MM lawsuit against USF for wrongful termination. It sounds like his actions with the player weren't at issue, but that the university cut ways over him instructing the program to not tell administrators anything in an investigation he viewed as a witch hunt. Leach at TTU comes to mind.

Bear Bryant what?

Absolutely!

How much impact will having to learn a different system have on the D's performance?

How much impact will having to learn a different system have on the D's performance?

Could be positive or negative depending on how simple or complex the concepts are and how similar or different they are.

I think he and Mac will take all of that into account and devise a system that the players will easily grasp. I don't think the changes will be so dramatic that there will be a huge learning curve. I think the big changes will be in attitude and aggression.

Drive by moron.

It will be amusing to see if "one man" can make that kind of a difference with roughly the same core of players.

TWO men, don't forget Tumpkin. And if they are working with the "same core" of players (you're ignoring the fact there are 10 newcomers), somebody isn't doing their job developmentally.

You don't think it's just possible that other schools didn't look at him or hire him because HE HAD A JOB IN THE NFL With a superbowl contender?

We aren't talking about picking a guy up off the scrap heap here, he had a pretty decent job if I'm not mistaken. It's not like he was out there looking desperately for a paycheck. Had San Francisco not decided to shake up their staff we wouldn't had him either.

Maybe that idea doesn't fit with certain agendas though.

Last edited:

I do agree that the players will come into fall with another good offseason of S&C and a better understanding of the game.

You're more optimistic then I am. The lack of size and speed can't really be coached up. I guess we'll just have to see.

I do agree that the players will come into fall with another good offseason of S&C and a better understanding of the game.

You're more optimistic then I am. The lack of size and speed can't really be coached up. I guess we'll just have to see.

Lack of size? WTF you talkin' 'bout, Willis? Reading rosters got you stumped?

Same for speed....you electronically timed all those kids when they were FR and now, due to your same efforts now, you claim none are running faster?

In football, much more than other sports, "speed" is 50% nature, 30% form and 20% "What the "F" is going on?" recognition/understanding of the game.

Speed is very coachable; or else those world class sprinters are wasting tens of thousands of dollars on their coaches.

Same for speed....you electronically timed all those kids when they were FR and now, due to your same efforts now, you claim none are running faster?

In football, much more than other sports, "speed" is 50% nature, 30% form and 20% "What the "F" is going on?" recognition/understanding of the game.

Speed is very coachable; or else those world class sprinters are wasting tens of thousands of dollars on their coaches.

Here we go again...

utah's QB must be really fast. And I guess we weren't in a hurry to catch him. Cause we didn't.

Also, i liked it when our guys tackled each other.

They look small.

Its true that no one ever lies on those height and weight fact sheets.

There is a huge difference between football speed and track speed, and anyone who says otherwise just doesn't know. Nobody in the history of college or pro football has ever lined up, in a game, at WR, RB, CB, S, LB, etc. in sleeveless speed suits, no helmet and runs a straight line as fast as they can. Yes, that kind of speed can translate well to the field, but it's not as important as formation recognition, football IQ/pre snap adjustment efficiency, the speed in which a player makes their read correctly, and the reaction time once the read has been made. I'd rather have 11 "slower" guys (specifically on D) that know exactly what they're doing, are flawless in their reads, and are quick to react and "play football", than 11 track stars that take an extra half second to read and react.

Back