What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Joe Mixon Video Released

Obviously I never condone hitting a woman except for in a life/death situation, but could he have even been convicted of anything in that situation?

She had her hand on his throat, and he "defended" himself. For that reason, its not as bad as some of the other situations.

It's bad to say but I wouldn't really expect anything different if a guy gets spit in his face and called a racial slur. Does anyone know why the girl was pissed in the first place?
That didnt happen. It was put out there by defenders, but it didnt happen. We got the video about 4 cst, it went up on Newsok around 430. Crazy how OU let him play.
This is what has been told to us (media) by a reliable source close to the situation. Mixon and a group were outside, Molitors group walked in, while walking in, Mixon and one of his friends made a derogatory remark to one of Molitors friends who is homosexual. This started an arguement outside between Molitar and Mixon's group. The rest of her group went inside. The video picks up after that and you see what happens. She motions him over to continue the argument. He walks up, continues saying something to the gay friend and Molitor stands up for said friend. Another friend seated that you see later (black male with ufc hat) says "Man n word you wrong" and Mixon starts to walk away, Molitor called him a bitch, Mixon turns around and approaches, she pushes, he bows up, she slaps his neck...down goes Frazier. No spitting. Couple of coworkers saw it two years ago when the NPD showed some in the media. They tried to explain it, but as you can see, its a hard watch. Now you see why the media sued to have this released. No effin way he should have remained on campus. Stoops, Boren, and Castigleone have some explaining to do on their decision. The kid served a redshirt year as punishment...sad situation all around.
Edit, on tablet, sorry for any typos and the wall of text

Obviously I never condone hitting a woman except for in a life/death situation, but could he have even been convicted of anything in that situation?

She had her hand on his throat, and he "defended" himself. For that reason, its not as bad as some of the other situations.

You don't understand what constitutes self defense.

That didnt happen. It was put out there by defenders, but it didnt happen. We got the video about 4 cst, it went up on Newsok around 430. Crazy how OU let him play.
This is what has been told to us (media) by a reliable source close to the situation. Mixon and a group were outside, Molitors group walked in, while walking in, Mixon and one of his friends made a derogatory remark to one of Molitors friends who is homosexual. This started an arguement outside between Molitar and Mixon's group. The rest of her group went inside. The video picks up after that and you see what happens. She motions him over to continue the argument. He walks up, continues saying something to the gay friend and Molitor stands up for said friend. Another friend seated that you see later (black male with ufc hat) says "Man n word you wrong" and Mixon starts to walk away, Molitor called him a bitch, Mixon turns around and approaches, she pushes, he bows up, she slaps his neck...down goes Frazier. No spitting. Couple of coworkers saw it two years ago when the NPD showed some in the media. They tried to explain it, but as you can see, its a hard watch. Now you see why the media sued to have this released. No effin way he should have remained on campus. Stoops, Boren, and Castigleone have some explaining to do on their decision. The kid served a redshirt year as punishment...sad situation all around.
Thank you for helping to put the video into the proper perspective.

It's bad to say but I wouldn't really expect anything different if a guy gets spit in his face and called a racial slur. Does anyone know why the girl was pissed in the first place?

Yep. Doesn't excuse violence, but if I called someone a racial slur and spit on him, it wouldn't surprise me if the next scene was me getting my ass kicked.

stoops loves him some women beating players. That's about 4 cases i can think of in the last few years. Might be time for him to go.

It's embarrassing for a grown man punch a woman who isn't a physical threat to him or others. Mixon could have easily walked away. No defending that, the guy is a tool. Big tough guy.

Thank you.

That is enlightening. Saw something about Mixon issuing a pretty heartfelt (it seemed) public apology to her once it had been legally settled and he could talk about it. I want to say I read it on ESPN during the season.

So I read the thread before I watched the video, and I can't say I saw what some of you guys are seeing.

What I saw was a couple of people talking, it gets heated, and then a guy throws a massive haymaker for no apparent reason at all. He didn't need to "defend" himself at all, and especially not in that violent of a matter.

I would also add to the conversation that the fact that the recipient of that punch is a woman is almost a sidenote. That punch should have been enough to get him an extended, if not permanent, vacation from school no matter who it was thrown at.

So I read the thread before I watched the video, and I can't say I saw what some of you guys are seeing.

What I saw was a couple of people talking, it gets heated, and then a guy throws a massive haymaker for no apparent reason at all. He didn't need to "defend" himself at all, and especially not in that violent of a matter.

I would also add to the conversation that the fact that the recipient of that punch is a woman is almost a sidenote. That punch should have been enough to get him an extended, if not permanent, vacation from school no matter who it was thrown at.

At CU and a lot of other places, there seems to be a zero tolerance policy on violence against women. Mixon would have been gone from a lot of schools. Few schools would have permanently cut ties with him for hitting a guy in that situation, I think. Though the homophobic slurs from him and his group that precipitated it (according to one of the posts above) would probably have made it much more likely for him to be gone regardless of whether he hit a guy or girl.

At CU and a lot of other places, there seems to be a zero tolerance policy on violence against women. Mixon would have been gone from a lot of schools. Few schools would have permanently cut ties with him for hitting a guy in that situation, I think. Though the homophobic slurs from him and his group that precipitated it (according to one of the posts above) would probably have made it much more likely for him to be gone regardless of whether he hit a guy or girl.

Good point. I hadn't thought of that angle.

My point was really just speaking to the viciousness of the punch. Considering his status as a highly trained athlete, it shouldn't matter who the recipient of the punch was.

Sooners will be Sooners. Dede westbrook had two domestic charges against him before he even stepped foot on campus.

Medium game bob doesn't care if you can ball.

He most definitely should have been gone. Its amazing to me that Boren, Stoops, and Castiglione saw that video and felt that a year suspension which was essentially a redshirt year would suffice. I know people make mistakes, and second chances should happen...but his should have been elsewhere.

Sooners will be Sooners. Dede westbrook had two domestic charges against him before he even stepped foot on campus.

Medium game bob doesn't care if you can ball.
don't forget about the dude that kidnapped his girlfriend and threatened to kill her with a screwdriver. Not enough to lose a scholarship offer from OU. Or green-beckam who dragged his girlfriend down 4 flights or stairs. Enough to get the boot from mizzu, but gains you a starting spot at OU.

I would be interested in knowing what instigated that.

3rd hand info, so take it for what it's worth, the girl was at the place with a gay friend. That guy recognized Mixon and said something to him, Mixon told him to shut up and not speak to him and ended it by calling him a ****** or queer or something derogatory. That's when the chick went off and things went really downhill from there.

He definitely should have been gone.

He deserved worse, but she looks like a piece of work, and lying in her deposition. That was no push to try to end the conversation, that was a **** you bitch push in the chest. A man would laugh and walk away.

Agree with Mixon defending himself. If she didn't put her hands on his throat and yet he struck her like that, I don't think Mixon would have been at OU. The other cases of pro football players striking their spouses didn't have the spouse trying to strangle the pro football player so you couldn't use any defensive claims in that case.

Mixon could have used other ways to get away from that woman but you cannot defend that woman at all for putting her hands on Mixon's throat. I agree that men shouldn't strike women but that ideal shouldn't fly when the woman have her hands on the man's throat. Hands on the throat is an express way to show that you do intend to cause harm to that person. Mixon didn't have to break her jaw but she was asking for it when she put her hands on MIxon's throat no matter what anyone thinks.

Mixon paid the price by being barred from all football activities for one year at OU despite defending himself. Just compare that to what Lawerence Phillips did while at Nebraska which was worse.

And it's even debatable to say he was suspended when he was kept on scholarship. That's just the equivalent of a redshirt season.

Not necessarily. Mixon was barred from all team activities while the typical redshirt season would still mean the player is involved in all team activities.

Back