What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Joe Mixon Video Released

I could've done without Musburger's comments ("wish him the very best at the next level") on Mixon.

Musberger must love the taste of shoe because he puts his foot in his mouth on a regular basis.

The whole conversation didn't need to happen. He could have simply said "Mixon has come back strong after sitting out a season due to some very bad judgement."

Sad in the context of seeing Keith Jackson earlier in he day at the Rose bowl and being reminded of how he never avoided issues but was so completely professional in handling them.

BM ranted about "second chances", does he think Sandusky deserves a second chance too?

**** Oklahoma. I used to kind of pull for them against the likes of Texas or kNU, but they can go to hell with bailer.

I actually didn't listen even though the volume was on. Dude gets on my nerves. I'm ok with second chances but you better do the work to earn that.

Mixon and his teammates' behavior are not indicative of people who have learned anything from this. They are gloating about it. I don't understand how anyone with a sense of decency doesn't get sick when they see that.

Mixon lost nothing over what he did. Don't try to tell me that things would have been the same if he was not a potential star football player. This is the kind of **** that makes me hate college football - a lot more than the actions of Fournette or C Mac.

Mixon and his teammates' behavior are not indicative of people who have learned anything from this. They are gloating about it. I don't understand how anyone with a sense of decency doesn't get sick when they see that.

Mixon lost nothing over what he did. Don't try to tell me that things would have been the same if he was not a potential star football player. This is the kind of **** that makes me hate college football - a lot more than the actions of Fournette or C Mac.

I would expect that in Norman Oklahoma if a young black man were to drop a young white female in public and he was not a scholarship athlete at OU that he would be doing jail time on a felony charge.

And I think you are right in the behavior after the incident. I understand second chances and a persons life shouldn't be ruined over one moments terrible judgment but that second chance needs to be earned as well with remorse and a demonstrated change in behavior.

Seeing a human piece of garbage like Tyreek Hill celebrated by the league, his team and the fanbase makes me hate pro ball even more. Okie State at least had the decency to get him the **** off their football team.

Seeing a human piece of garbage like Tyreek Hill celebrated by the league, his team and the fanbase makes me hate pro ball even more. Okie State at least had the decency to get him the **** off their football team.

Agreed. I really get sick of being told that these guys are contrite and that they have paid the price for their actions. You almost never hear it from the players themselves.

Still having trouble getting my head around the OU TD celebration linked above. Has anyone in that program responded to that? Have they even been asked about it?

Agreed. I really get sick of being told that these guys are contrite and that they have paid the price for their actions. You almost never hear it from the players themselves.

Still having trouble getting my head around the OU TD celebration linked above. Has anyone in that program responded to that? Have they even been asked about it?
I have no use for "sincere" apologies that are read by the athletes or in some cases just handed out that you can tell were written by somebody in Media Relations with input from the legal department. Then the guy go back to life as "normal" expecting everyone to give him a pass because he apologized.

Sometimes you do get guys who demonstrate some significant change in behavior. As bad as what he did was Michael Vick has apparently continued to donate his time and efforts to the humane society speaking out against dog fighting long after his sentence was served and he was released from his legal obligations. He has also paid off his financial debts instead of taking a chapt 7 bankruptcy. I hate what he did but his actions indicate that he is deserving of a second chance. In to many of these cases that isn't the case.

I am glad that Mixon has not gotten into any further trouble. I hope that this means he is sincere and has grown into a real man since that happened. I hope it is accurate that violence against women is now a one-strike-and-you're-out policy under Stoops. But I'm a long ass way from being able to cheer for Mixon and it pissed me off that Musberger was lecturing like I should be celebrating this guy and wishing him well in the NFL. No, thanks. I'll be perfectly fine if someone else earns a spot on an NFL roster instead of him.

Back