What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Joe Mixon Video Released

That is horrible. I thought it was bad from the rumors, but that is even worse than I expected. Holy ****, Stoops saw that video and only suspended him for a year?

Last edited:
Wasn't right of her to (allegedly) spit on him, call him a racial slur and (factually) push him and put her hands on his neck, but short of a woman coming at you with knife, I don't see any reason at all to take it to that level. That's a pretty indefensible thing to see. Shame people need videos to believe how gruesome this kind of thing actually is.

I don't really think it matters if it's a girl or not, that's not acceptable. I have seen that happen to plenty of small guys who weren't on the physical level of the other person and it's not okay. I'm just surprised there is such backlash now instead of when the written testimony came out.

I don't really think it matters if it's a girl or not, that's not acceptable. I have seen that happen to plenty of small guys who weren't on the physical level of the other person and it's not okay. I'm just surprised there is such backlash now instead of when the written testimony came out.
seein is believin.

Wasn't right of her to (allegedly) spit on him, call him a racial slur and (factually) push him and put her hands on his neck, but short of a woman coming at you with knife, I don't see any reason at all to take it to that level. That's a pretty indefensible thing to see. Shame people need videos to believe how gruesome this kind of thing actually is.
It's bad to say but I wouldn't really expect anything different if a guy gets spit in his face and called a racial slur. Does anyone know why the girl was pissed in the first place?

It's bad to say but I wouldn't really expect anything different if a guy gets spit in his face and called a racial slur. Does anyone know why the girl was pissed in the first place?
That's sad.

You shouldn't expect Mixon to wind up and hook the girl and break her jaw. She shouldn't have escalated the situation, but he absolutely under no circumstances should've responded by punching her out.

When I was in high school, a girl that was a year older than me - and probably fifty pounds heavier - tried to fight me over a verbal dispute we were having. In the process of me trying to get out of harm's way, I took a couple of good shots to the face. and one really hard hit to the ear that caused ringing for a few days. During that time, retaliating was never even considered as an option. I find it astounding that there are men out there that actually find it within their ability to strike a woman. I don't even think I was particularly raised to think that way. It just seems innate to me.

You shouldn't expect Mixon to wind up and hook the girl and break her jaw. She shouldn't have escalated the situation, but he absolutely under no circumstances should've responded by punching her out.
I get what you are saying but I think I just grew up in a different environment or something. If anyone, guy or girl spits in a guys face, calls them a racial slur and then pushes them I would expect that person to punch them. Never did I say that is the right thing to do it's just what I would expect to happen.

When I was in high school, a girl that was a year older than me - and probably fifty pounds heavier - tried to fight me over a verbal dispute we were having. In the process of me trying to get out of harm's way, I took a couple of good shots to the face. and one really hard hit to the ear that caused ringing for a few days. During that time, retaliating was never even considered as an option. I find it astounding that there are men out there that actually find it within their ability to strike a woman. I don't even think I was particularly raised to think that way. It just seems innate to me.
I was raised to defend myself; never to initiate a fight, but if someone hit me I was going to fight. Of course I also had an older sister who was a tomboy and beat my ass a few times. I hit a girl one time, who wasn't my sister, she hit me in the face with a tire chain.

I get what you are saying but I think I just grew up in a different environment or something. If anyone, guy or girl spits in a guys face, calls them a racial slur and then pushes them I would expect that person to punch them. Never did I say that is the right thing to do it's just what I would expect to happen.

It's the JJ Flannigan story. And if you remember what he says in Gospel According To Mac, it's along the lines of "I was young, I was stupid and I lost my head." In the moment, control is hard, which is why we have to educate our sons about how to deal with those situations better.

Agreed

It's the JJ Flannigan story. And if you remember what he says in Gospel According To Mac, it's along the lines of "I was young, I was stupid and I lost my head." In the moment, control is hard, which is why we have to educate our sons about how to deal with those situations better.
Or avoid them altogether.

Agreed and that goes both ways in this situation.

I was raised to defend myself; never to initiate a fight, but if someone hit me I was going to fight. Of course I also had an older sister who was a tomboy and beat my ass a few times. I hit a girl one time, who wasn't my sister, she hit me in the face with a tire chain.
I never had a sister, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Or avoid them altogether.

Sometimes things (just conflicts between people) are unavoidable or just blow up in weird ways. Avoid them where you can, but I think it's also worth teaching boys to know how to diffuse it if something unexpected happens.

And yes, thread has taken a weird turn.

Looks lime to me Mixon said something about other to the guy she was with. kid blew it off but she went after him. Mixon was way out of line here in any circumstances and did something no man should do. Walk away dude. Walk away

I read that Mixon called the dude something homophobic, not sure how true that is.

Back