What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

JoPa and his entire staff should be fired

well you say that Paterno allowed Sandusky to roam the facilities. The AD and President are the ones that allowed that to continue.

And I'm sure if Paterno told them he had an issue with Sandusky being around the facilities, the AD and President would have told Paterno to take a hike.:rolling_eyes:

Serioulsy you beleive Jopa, an 84 year old who is already pre-occuppied with running the football program, will risk his legacy over a child molestor. You actually believe that. I wonder why didn't the janitor and the WR coach not report him to the police. I wonder why all the people in adminstration didn't report the incidents.

He did it. Read the grand jury report. He did what was required of him by the letter of the law. And he did not do anything more.

There is a lot of blame to go around here. They are equally culpable. But their culpability does not absolve Paterno.

well you say that Paterno allowed Sandusky to roam the facilities. The AD and President are the ones that allowed that to continue.

The President may be in charge today, but do you really believe for one second that if Paterno said 'get this ****bag off my campus' that they would have defied him then?

Was watching Sportscenter little bit ago and they had ****ing people everywhere with riot police out and stuff. Think they were by the president's place, also heard he is gonna get replaced by some former governor.

If Embree was told by a GA that he saw a former coach with an office in Dal Ward anally raping a boy in the locker room, I would expect Embree to do more than tell Mike Bohn about it and then wash his hands of it. I guess some of you wouldn't.

And I'm sure if Paterno told them he had an issue with Sandusky being around the facilities, the AD and President would have told Paterno to take a hike.:rolling_eyes:

Maybe he did and the administration allowed it to continue. Maybe Sandusky has something on the administration. I don't know.

No, I said he saw him on campus with young boys, but still didn't report what he knew about this guy being a child molester.

But if you really think that anybody is banned from, or allowed access to, the PSU football facilities without JoePa's knowledge, I've got a bridge to sell you...

If Embree was told by a GA that he saw a former coach with an office in Dal Ward anally raping a boy in the locker room, I would expect Embree to do more than tell Mike Bohn about it and then wash his hands of it. I guess some of you wouldn't.
Yeah he'd probably go beat his ass I imagine.

I have to stress that the incidents that happened at Pen State is a tragedy. A lot of people got to answer for it, they have to answer how did the system fail those kids. Joe Paterno reported the incident to the authorities. It might sound insensitive, but it is still innocent untill proven guilty. Paterno reported the incidents, the administrators didn't report it to the police.

Well they did stop him from talking today.

Hence the first part of my post. The President is only in charge today because trouble is brewing. Prior to this, Paterno was in charge. Don't kid yourself. He's a huge donor, legendary football coach, and an icon in that part of the country. Well, he was an icon. Now he's a bag of ****.

Well they did stop him from talking today.
And I dont think anybody here is saying Jopa is the only guilty one. He is a part of this and a very big one. The fact im reading he did nothing wrong from some here is just unbelievable.

I have to stress that the incidents that happened at Pen State is a tragedy. A lot of people got to answer for it, they have to answer how did the system fail those kids. Joe Paterno reported the incident to the authorities. It might sound insensitive, but it is still innocent untill proven guilty. Paterno reported the incidents, the administrators didn't report it to the police.
I know the ****er is old but something wrong with JoPa doing it himself, calling the police that is?

It might sound insensitive, but it is still innocent untill proven guilty.

Are you even paying attention? Proven guilty of what? Nobody's accusing the guy of a crime, we're saying he's a ****bag for enabling his pedophile buddy.

And I have to stress that you still do not understand a goddamn thing most people have said in this thread. IT DOES NOT ****ING MATTER IF HE TOLD A COUPLE OF HIS SUPERIORS! IT DOES NOT MATTER IF OTHER PEOPLE ACTED LIKE ****BAGS IN THIS CASE. Joe Paterno has to answer for his actions and his actions alone. If he (and apparently you) can live with the fact that he did the bare minimum legally while kids continued to get molested for several years, I do not know what to say.

I told the AD, what more do you want? To keep the pedophile off campus? Tell the police?

71155_53931366175_1059986_n.jpg

And I dont think anybody here is saying Jopa is the only guilty one. He is a part of this and a very big one. The fact im reading he did nothing wrong from some here is just unbelievable.

Who is saying he did nothing wrong? I don't see anyone talking about anyone but Joe Pa.

Hence the first part of my post. The President is only in charge today because trouble is brewing. Prior to this, Paterno was in charge. Don't kid yourself. He's a huge donor, legendary football coach, and an icon in that part of the country. Well, he was an icon. Now he's a bag of ****.

When Matt Millen was asked who has more power at Penn State than Joe Paterno, he actually had to think about it a second before saying the university president. That was it. No one should think for a second that Joe Pa ever worked for Curley and Schultz.

And I brought this up earlier and I'll bring it up again. I have a real question on whether Paterno asked Sandusky about the GA's story. If he didn't, then that's really bizarre. The guy was a close friend who worked for him for over 30 years. If he did talk to Sandusky but it's not in any reports, then it starts looking like a cover up to hide the extend of Paterno's involvement.

When Matt Millen was asked who has more power at Penn State than Joe Paterno, he actually had to think about it a second before saying the university president. That was it. No one should think for a second that Joe Pa ever worked for Curley and Schultz.

And I brought this up earlier and I'll bring it up again. I have a real question on whether Paterno asked Sandusky about the GA's story. If he didn't, then that's really bizarre. The guy was a close friend who worked for him for over 30 years. If he did talk to Sandusky but it's not in any reports, then it starts looking like a cover up to hide the extend of Paterno's involvement.

Sandusky and Paterno were not close friends at the end.

Who is saying he did nothing wrong? I don't see anyone talking about anyone but Joe Pa.

Because there's no room for argument about the other guys.

Is anyone going to defend Sandusky other than saying he has a right to due process?

Is anyone going to defend Curley and Schultz for deciding to internally make the call on child abuse allegations without reporting it?

There's nothing to talk about here.

The only stories that lend themselves to debate are Paterno's likely involvement & moral obligations, and McQueary's inaction when he saw the event & willingness to take a career advancement while letting this thing go.

Ive said alot of times today Jopa isnt the only wrong one here. I also said plenty of others shouldnt get a pass either. BB said it better than me, reporting it to higher ups isnt enough. Some do not get that here and that, im sorry, makes me at a loss for words.

Is anyone going to defend Sandusky other than saying he has a right to due process?

Is anyone going to defend Curley and Schultz for deciding to internally make the call on child abuse allegations without reporting it?

The only stories that lend themselves to debate are Paterno's likely involvement & moral obligations, and McQueary's inaction when he saw the event & willingness to take a career advancement while letting this thing go.

Sandusky's wife doesn't play a part? She was the one trying to contact victim 6 or 7 (can't remember which one it was) before he talked to the grand jury.

Right on the money.

Sandusky's wife doesn't play a part? She was the one trying to contact victim 6 or 7 (can't remember which one it was) before he talked to the grand jury.

I hadn't heard that one. If she did that, wouldn't that be a crime?

Back