What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

What about Rick George offering to match MSU’s offer do you not get? Have you been paying attention to how this went down? You totally disregard that CU was going to greatly increase his salary.
You must be drinking the kool-aid because youre wrong about the money. I’ve been paying super close attention.

1. RG cannot match the deal MT got at MSU. The CU AD were going to counter. It was rumored (unsubstantiated) that Colorado was going to attempt to match.
2. IF Colorado could match and really has $12 million to pay football coaches plus the $3 million we will get from MSU, then Colorado should go get Urban Meyer, Bob Stoops, or even Chris Petersen right now. With that kind of money, Colorado can definitely be a destination job and can win now.
3. We won’t do any of that because Colorado doesn’t have anywhere near that level of cash.

MT was offered an obscene amount of money to leave CU. We aren’t in the same sandbox.

What about Rick George offering to match MSU’s offer do you not get? Have you been paying attention to how this went down? You totally disregard that CU was going to greatly increase his salary.
C'mon, you've been around long enough to know that what's said after negotiations collapse cannot be trusted. I swear if you start posting about what a good guy our new coach is and how he really cares about the kids, I will never get off your lawn.

He went to, and graduated from CU Boulder.

He personally recruited several students to Boulder (I know, some of them were my students - and I knew several others).

Or, in other words, **** off - as you obviously have no clue what you're talking about.
Mel recruited a fair number of students to CU and he’s a piece of ****. So, I’d say your argument doesn’t hold water.

C'mon, you've been around long enough to know that what's said after negotiations collapse cannot be trusted. I swear if you start posting about what a good guy our new coach is and how he really cares about the kids, I will never get off your lawn.

****. I don’t want to even think about how many times I said, “he seems so genuine, he seems to get it!” In the last 12 months. When I meet the new coach I’m just going to shake his hand and say, “so are you a piece of **** like the last guy or what?”

Mel recruited a fair number of students to CU and he’s a piece of ****. So, I’d say your argument doesn’t hold water.
You can be a buff and be a piece of ****. They aren't mutually exclusive things. You really should learn more about arguments if this is all you got.

Although BUFFS14 already settled this argument. He played football, so he gets to decide who is and who is not a buff.

Klis is probably dialed into various NFL and Buff sources (Matt Russell to name one) and there’s no reason for him to lie about anything. I imagine they have reached out to EB and I imagine there is at least some slight mutual interest.

This is wrong headed. Capitalism dictates that people make their individual determinations of what’s in their own rational self interest. Theoretically people will make determinations of interest based in community presuming a lack of physical mobility. We do not have these constraints in this situation since Tucker has a pile of money and a job in a new, far away place. In the capitalist structure of college football coaching, this coach was faced with a decision to choose between his affinity for Colorado and absurd money. He was offered a reward that overwhelmed affinity and buried his consideration for other people’s happiness.

Our happiness or opinion of Tucker does not overcome the reward of $18 million. This is capitalism of college football.

And yes, I would take him back tomorrow if he were contrite largely because I think he gives us the best chance to win compared to unknowns. Ultimately, this won’t happen because he’s burned the bridge and Colorado is on the outside looking in.

I don't think I'll ever call you a Leftist again. LOL. What you say here is true. But those who argue in opposition are arguing for the consideration of a social "currency" or a community "currency", as well as a monetary currency. Or at least for a temporary willful suspension of a purely monetary impulse when the occupation involves the mentoring and development of young people. The purely capitalist/market retort is of course, "I can't go to Starbucks with social currency". And it's true.

CU usually is on the outside looking in, and the hardcore coaching events of elite programs don't affect us. This one did, because of the $ amount and the untimely shock value, even though neither program is elite. So the home fans are hurt and angry.

Tucker comes from the Big Boy Coaching world (hat tip hawg) and when he says he wants to compete for a National Championship, he means it literally, and figures that the place to do that is B1G or SEC. Combined with 100% raise and he's gone. Now he gets to freeze his butt off and play Penn State, tOSU, and Michigan every year. I think most of CU's players will stay the course. Go Buffs......

You can be a buff and be a piece of ****. They aren't mutually exclusive things. You really should learn more about arguments if this is all you got.

Although BUFFS14 already settled this argument. He played football, so he gets to decide who is and who is not a buff.
Not what I said. I said some of us take it more personal that others. Anyone who is ok with how m****er did this, I would suggest is not a Buff nor a fan.

I'd like to replace them. No one was really impressed when they were hired. Nothing they did this year showed they were irreplaceable. They were very much a trust Tucker situation
Agree, nothing I saw from them said they were irreplaceable.

Not what I said. I said some of us take it more personal that others. Anyone who is ok with how m****er did this, I would suggest is not a Buff nor a fan.
You specifically said manhattan was not a buff.

Your statement. Not mine.

When pressed, and told that was an unfair statement, you explained yourself by saying that you played football you bled black and gold.

When pressed on the absurdity of that claim, you said you played football. Which makes it all ok. Playing football in the past makes people the correct arbiters of whether or not someone is a sufficiently committed to the program to be a "buff."

Listen, it's simple: anyone on this board that isn't an obvious troll for another team is a Buff. They care, otherwise they wouldn't be here. Some represented CU in competition, some went to CU, some of their kids went to CU, some donate money to CU, and we all cheer for CU on the field, court, track, etc.

We're all Buffs. Most of us are assholes. Deal with it.

I really feel that EB is going to be the next CU coach. He will be a great one too.

Everybody relax. Have faith. Difference in this chaos is we will have a few extra million in our pocket and a better coach.

You specifically said manhattan was not a buff.

Your statement. Not mine.

When pressed, and told that was an unfair statement, you explained yourself by saying that you played football you bled black and gold.

When pressed on the absurdity of that claim, you said you played football. Which makes it all ok. Playing football in the past makes people the correct arbiters of whether or not someone is a sufficiently committed to the program to be a "buff."

Listen, it's simple: anyone on this board that isn't an obvious troll for another team is a Buff. They care, otherwise they wouldn't be here. Some represented CU in competition, some went to CU, some of their kids went to CU, some donate money to CU, and we all cheer for CU on the field, court, track, etc.

We're all Buffs. Most of us are assholes. Deal with it.
Cool, I am a Buff and an asshole! So deal with it!

I call complete BS on RG matching the money. Maybe counter, but match? Just ridiculous.
I’ve heard both match and significant raise. And that’s what I said. One number I saw was $4 million. But @manhattanbuf is calculating current salary vs MSU’s offer. My point is that isn’t fair because, in the least, Tucker would’ve been making significantly more had he stayed.

Back