What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

Because you don’t want to be known as the university who is forcing kids to be there, especially after the HC bolted, not that it’s CUs fault, but these kids aren’t prisoners. RG, LC and new HC should do everything they can to convince them to stay, but they shouldn’t be in the business of holding them to their LOI against their will.

I don't have a strong opinion on it either way, but I don't think it's a sound assumption that it would be automatic.........

I don't have a strong opinion on it either way, but I don't think it's a sound assumption that it would be automatic.........

A lot of the recruits have already re-affirmed their commitment, so I don’t think it’ll be an issue unless maybe the next coach pulls a Midnight Mel and fires everyone.

But from what I recall in the past when new coaches have tried to force players to stay its
gotten bad press, so I think it’s now the norm to release them. Not that there are a lot of places to go in the middle of February.

Professionalism has nothing to do with age. It’s timeless.
Professionalism has fallen out of style in 2020. Along with any semblance of maturity. Folks don’t take pride in being a responsible adult any more. Record rates of teenagers not bothering to get driver’s licenses, young adults compelled to stay in school forever, every TV show celebrating what a “mess” the characters are and therefore lovable, cellphone apps for dating rather than the social skills necessary to interact with people in the real world...Heck, there’s an ironic term invented recently called “adulting” which is basically used to venerate being forever adolescent/college kids who only begrudgingly sometimes have to be self sufficient so they can showcase how silly it is to them to show how “not them” it is to...I don’t know...do laundry?

Professionalism has fallen out of style in 2020. Along with any semblance of maturity. Folks don’t take pride in being a responsible adult any more. Record rates of teenagers not bothering to get driver’s licenses, young adults compelled to stay in school forever, every TV show celebrating what a “mess” the characters are and therefore lovable, cellphone apps for dating rather than the social skills necessary to interact with people in the real world...Heck, there’s an ironic term invented recently called “adulting” which is basically used to venerate being forever adolescent/college kids who only begrudgingly sometimes have to be self sufficient.
Ok super Boomer

They can have Kapolovic, we keep Kapilovic.
Least shocking news ever. Drew Wison seems likely to follow as well. Aftterthat, I doubt Mel takes any other CO ACs. He does like Ross Els quite a bit, so maybe that could happen but that would mean his first choices turned him down.

Allbuffs,

You don’t have to belittle or criticize people who share a differing opinion from you. There is a way to have polite, mature conversations without putting people down and we all know that. Just because it’s the internet and there’s no recourse doesn’t make it right and everyone knows you wouldn’t treat a stranger on the street like this. We’re all Buffs here and we’re all in this for the same goal, support the kids and win.

The faster some of you realize you can make this **** hole a lot more tolerable the better of it will be.

Civility? Good stuff.

But have you considered that narcissists and sociopaths have needs, too?

Fowler says reasonably high profile coaches with a proven track record have contacted him and asked him to speak to RG on their behalf.

It’s encouraging that coaches are trying to use back channels to get the job.

I just hope we hear something soon. Being in limbo sucks and now Midnight Mel is starting to take the assistants too. Ugh.

Professionalism has fallen out of style in 2020. Along with any semblance of maturity. Folks don’t take pride in being a responsible adult any more. Record rates of teenagers not bothering to get driver’s licenses, young adults compelled to stay in school forever, every TV show celebrating what a “mess” the characters are and therefore lovable, cellphone apps for dating rather than the social skills necessary to interact with people in the real world...Heck, there’s an ironic term invented recently called “adulting” which is basically used to venerate being forever adolescent/college kids who only begrudgingly sometimes have to be self sufficient so they can showcase how silly it is to them to show how “not them” it is to...I don’t know...do laundry?
RG is a professional. Great behavior.

Back