What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

**** me id be a hypocrite to applaud the Wilcox hire but holy **** would that be a hell of a hire.

Still think it’s Sark and I would be very happy with this. Concerns sure, but dude can coach.

You have to believe RG has to be floating names to big donors and that their reactions are similar to ours.

Of this list...

1. Wilcox
2. EB
3. Sark
4. McElwain
5. Anderson
6. BB
7. Chev

My take on this list-
1) EB-I think this is the perfect solution for all involved. This allows for an easy promotion for Chev to OC while he's being mentored by EB.
2) Sark-Two concerns here.....One being the alcohol issues. I'd want it pretty clear to him that if he relapses, he's out for cause. Two, I wouldn't hire him or anybody for that matter without a buyout of at least $9-10M if they choose to leave for what they think is a better gig-especially a former Saban assistant given little Nicky's involvement in the events of last week. He checks a lot of boxes other than that, and if Finebaum is floating Freeze going down there as OC, we've made contact with Sark or his people already.
3) Blake Anderson-I really, really like him. Solid coach with really high integrity (this is pretty important to me after the **** Melvin pulled), and he's a man I think we can all get behind. A little concerned about him not winning big at Arkansas State, but I think he'd succeed in a spot with more resources. Solid Texas connections, and very charismatic/likable guy who would could probably close well on the recruiting trail.
4) Wilcox-I've got him down here because I just don't see this happening. He made more LY than Melvin did, and he's got a buyout the same as Melvin's was. We'd also need a stud OC to pair with him-Chev, Johnson (if he stays-I've heard the stuff about him leaving but I'm not assuming he, Kap, or anyone else is heading to Nassar U until I see one of our insiders or a national guy confirm it), or Bill Musgrave won't do in my mind. His offenses at Cal have been below average to flat bad.
5) Chev-This wouldn't be a bad move at all.
6) McElwain-The guy can coach, and he'd do well here. I want to know what happened that led to his ouster in Gainesville.
7) Bielema-Hard pass on any candidate who has publicly complained about lack of resources such as assistant pay or admitted that they played a part in a move after the Melvin experience.

Where is the Wilcox talk coming from? Is there any smoke there?

Edit: drunk Ralphie answered.

Weird if that transpired. Still seems like a very long shot to me.

Bert. On my Top 5 list.
giphy.gif

almost no chances that assistant coaches get to keep their jobs when a new coach comes in.

Disagree. My guess is at least Chev, Michalowski (Chev's a top 25 recruiter nationwide, and Mick was top 20 in the Pac 12 on rivals IIRC in his first year as an on-field coach so anybody coming in here would be braindead if they didn't retain both. I don't see Melvin coming after BM given all that money he gets to play with.), and Hagan get retained

Buffs football put out a phenomenal Instagram post about an hour ago. Lifts my spirits some even if I’m still pissed off about this.

Back