What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

Why did CU need to take a risk? Are you one of those people who loses several hands of poker and thinks if you bet more money you’ll win.

Also, he was OC at Vanderbilt which is never going to be able to compete with the blue blood programs in the SEC. Vandy’s best offense was probably Jay Cutler running for his life and making plays.

Steve Sarkisian is an alcoholic that got fired for drinking on the job at his last HC job—-and then sued the school for wrongful termination. He also apparently thinks OC at Alabama is a better job than HC at Colorado, so **** him.

Grinch is a defensive coordinator in the Big 12 that made marginal improvements to a bad defense. I guess he’s an up and coming name but he is unproven. He also didn’t even pick up the phone for WSU, so might not have been interested.

But in any event, CU didn’t need a risky hire they needed someone competent and capable. Something as simple as putting together a staff can be a difficult task on short notice way late in the process.
No I don't play poker, but yeah Vanderbelt SEC offense was #119 in the country under his play calling. Ryan Walters just at the # 15 D in the country in the SEC, is Mizzou Blue blood? In any caseI'm actually warming up to this. The guy had 5 bowl games in 5 years and that is a lot better than us.

Easy way to rate this hire is to ask yourself a question.

You're hiring for a senior management position. Your friend of 25 years was a great line employee, got hired as a senior manager and took 2 successful units and made them close shop due to his inept leadership. Since then he had been a decent line employee again. Do you decide since to hire him as your most senior leader?
He didnt take over "2 successful units" he took over a mediocre shop and left it a mediocre shop, but he at least made sure to bring in a handful of fairly talented college grads.

You want to see who ran a shop put of business? Look at what the next "manager" did...

No I don't play poker, but yeah Vanderbelt SEC offense was #119 in the country under his play calling. Ryan Walters just at the # 15 D in the country in the SEC, is Mizzou Blue blood? In any caseI'm actually warming up to this. The guy had 5 bowl games in 5 years and that is a lot better than us.
He inherited a program of tradition and turned them into a scrap yard.

That’s understandable, but why do you think the ****ing WR coach of the Dolphins is about to casually change the culture of the last 15 years? You guys SHOULD be competing for and winning conference championships on a yearly basis. I just don’t see a positive result coming here. I feel like this is a rushed, “well we gotta hire SOMEBODY!” hire by the Colorado administration and I don’t think it gives you guys what you deserve. You’re not a ridiculously passionate fanbase, but you guys deserve better than 3-9 and I’m afraid that’s all you’re gonna get. The PAC-12 is RIPE for the taking, but Colorado isn’t in the business of winning. Enjoy mediocrity for the next 15-20 years.

No I don't which is why I said it was an embarrassing hire for us........you're making my argument for me

Never have been this uninspired by a CU coaching hire...perhaps it will end up working out after all.

just watching people try to talk themselves into this is hilarious.
I get it. I probably talked myself in it, but I like KD a lot more than a lot of the names mentioned earlier.

I'm putting all my faith in he has gurantees from some very high level assistants and that is what sold RG.

This is a better hire than Calhoon and Bielema and I am very sure of that.

Suggesting that a guy with a winning P5 Head Coaching record over 5 seasons in the same conference might be an OK hire, and therefore pointing out some positives is not talking ourselves into anything other than it not being Armageddon for CU football.
You historical analysis on this site suggests you might want to slow your roll

This hire is a bit peculiar. We go from mister passionate, relentless...that was going to change the culture and build the program from the cellar up. We all got on board, especially towards the end of the year, and seeing the uptick in recruiting. Well, that guy took the first midnight train out of Boulder...to Some one older, and a little bit to the side of anything resembling a spotlight.

We all would have liked to see RG get that sexy, homerun hire. Much of what is being played at this juncture is damage control, it has to be... The Buffs have one of the more promising recruiting classes in a long time. They need to make sure they keep the kids interested and the coaches left that these kids connected with. Hopefully, come next November/December, we all can be excited for the bowl game...

You called for Joe Sakic to be fired a few years ago dude. None of us have a crystal ball, but by all means, feel free to condemn this hire before he’s stepped foot on campus
Yes, after the worst season in the last 40 years of the NHL and the nuclear detonation of the farm system.

Luckily Sakic learned and completely changed his strategy. That almost never happens. Hopefully KD does the same.

McChesney thinks that Summers is very good and that the early season defensive struggles were because Tucker called the D, while Summers called the later in the year games when we were making big strides! Surprising stuff
Why does everyone give a **** what McChesney thinks, hes a glorified personal trainer. I mean he's damn good at that job, but there are a bunch of reasons he's not more than that.

Back