What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lammies can Fairchild (was: To add insult to CSU's injury...)

Probably much more likely than a current head coach someplace.

More likely than these guys would be someone who has been a coordinator at a major school and is stuck because of age. That is how the found Sonny (and CU found Mac.)

I actually like Rob Ash a lot. Runs a great system and has won everywhere he has been, including Drake of all places. That to me could be a risky-under the radar hire that could really work out well.

Last edited:
I really hope that CSU can get things turned around. A lot of the program problem really is the fault of the fan base - not much real support. I almost think their fixation on CU hurts them more than helps them. Their goal should be to win the MWC not just beat CU.

PS - I would be totally shocked if Barnett ended up there. I think Gary is very comfortable with retirement.

I'm going to get neg repped into oblivion for this, but what about Brian Cabral? He's been an interim head coach. He's seen and learned under several successful and not-so-successful head coaches. He has recruiting connections. He knows the state very well.

I'm going to get neg repped into oblivion for this, but what about Brian Cabral? He's been an interim head coach. He's seen and learned under several successful and not-so-successful head coaches. He has recruiting connections. He knows the state very well.
He's too good for that ****hole.

He's too good for that ****hole.

:lol:

True, but he's nearing the end of his career. He's never been a full time head coach, but he did apply for the UNC job a few years ago. He has pretty much had the same job for 20 years. He's hit a ceiling in Boulder, and CSU might be the only opportunity he would get to move up. Seems like it would be a decent opportunity for him.

He would be a good candidate for them but I don't think he would be interested. Seems like he would rather not have to do the public work of a HC unless he is at a place he really wants to be at.

While I agree with what you are saying, I think he is way too much of a Buff at heart to go to Ft. Fun. I think if he ever does leave, it will be to a program that is further removed from CU. Just saying, I do not think he could bring himself to go there, too much history there.

PS - I would be totally shocked if Barnett ended up there. I think Gary is very comfortable with retirement.

I can tell you he is interested in the CSU job and it comes from as good a source as any. I am probably in the minority as far as Ram fans go, but I would be completely on board with Barnett. Mostly because I think he is a good coach and that type of hire would help break through the saturated Denver sports media market. The 2012 RMS would certainly become a very interesting affair.

Last edited:
:lol:

True, but he's nearing the end of his career. He's never been a full time head coach, but he did apply for the UNC job a few years ago. He has pretty much had the same job for 20 years. He's hit a ceiling in Boulder, and CSU might be the only opportunity he would get to move up. Seems like it would be a decent opportunity for him.

CSU HC <<<<<<< CU LB Coach

I can tell you he is interested in the CSU job and it comes from as good a source as any. I am probably in the minority as far as Ram fans go, but I would be completely on board with Barnett. Mostly because I think he is a good coach and that type of hire would help break through the saturated Denver sports media market.

Dude, you are a message board poster. You know squat, just like all the million other folks who always have a source about a rumor that is false.

Dude, you are a message board poster. You know squat, just like all the million other folks who always have a source about a rumor that is false.

Fair enough. I would hope and expect that most would be skeptical of things posted on a message board.

You got about 45 seconds to get your teflon-coated boxers on, sacky.

I can tell you he is interested in the CSU job and it comes from as good a source as any. I am probably in the minority as far as Ram fans go, but I would be completely on board with Barnett. Mostly because I think he is a good coach and that type of hire would help break through the saturated Denver sports media market. The 2012 RMS would certainly become a very interesting affair.

This is a typical CSU fan perspective - CSU does not get much play in the media because no one is interested. When the CSU fan base gets really passionate about their team all the time the media will give them more play. The media follows it does not lead.

The only good source on Barnett is Gary himself. I know that he said that if it did not happen last year (2010 season) than it was not going to happen (referring to him getting a coaching job). Of course he may change his mind but I would be surprised. He is 65 and not really looking to get back into coaching.

I think that would be a good choice for CSU. I think Brian is too connected to CU to leave. He was very half-hearted in his pursuit of the UNC job.

Barnett is a good coach.

My parents - both CSU grads from way back and CSU supporters - would go ballistic if CSU were to hire Barnett. They hate him for the scandal

My parents - both CSU grads from way back and CSU supporters - would go ballistic if CSU were to hire Barnett. They hate him for the scandal

Why? What did he do that was so terrible in their minds? There's lots of hate and hyperbole out there, but when you look at the facts most of it is unsubstantiated (on Barnett's end).

Why? What did he do that was so terrible in their minds? There's lots of hate and hyperbole out there, but when you look at the facts most of it is unsubstantiated (on Barnett's end).

And you think this is somehow going to matter to Lammie?

And you think this is somehow going to matter to Lammie?

More specifically, I'm wondering if dio's parents are willing to look at it objectively, or if they go all Gateway and hate him because of how they feel?

I think CSEwe fans would get over the hate really quick if they hire him because they all know he can coach. And more specifically, he gets more out of less than most coaches up there.

They don't look at the facts of the situation. They don't like CU, so when reports came out about 'rape parties' 'sex for recruits' 'terrible female kickers' - that was all they needed to form their opinion. They shut out everything else after that point. For them to go back now and re-evaluate Barnett would force them to challenge their own previously held conclusions.

Rumors flying tonight that Barnett was checked into a hotel in Ft Collins.

Money talks and Barnett has no income. How many of us would kill for a six-figure job approaching seven right now?

Barnett was on the radio yesterday and clearly stated he wants to coach again. He said he was being considered for a couple jobs.

Back