What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

LAVISKA SHENAULT IS A BAD BAD BAD MAN

Let’s get this hype train going!!

I truly believe that Chev (probably w MM’s blessing) is giving Viska so much run during the game with both the passing game and running game, in part to generate national hype around him and draw more attention to the program. For example, I don’t think it is always necessary to give Shenault the wildcat carries on the goal line, but stuffing his stats and starting a “Heisman Campaign” is going to draw a ton of attention to CU.

I truly believe that Chev (probably w MM’s blessing) is giving Viska so much run during the game with both the passing game and running game, in part to generate national hype around him and draw more attention to the program. For example, I don’t think it is always necessary to give Shenault the wildcat carries on the goal line, but stuffing his stats and starting a “Heisman Campaign” is going to draw a ton of attention to CU.
I just hope the other guys are on board.

The only player who is even in the same stratosphere as this guy at any position at CU in the 15 years I have watched closely is perhaps Paul Richardson at his very best.

You have to think McMillian is a little annoyed he didn’t get that TD after the horrible call on Nixon’s non-TD. But yeah, hopefully it’s just all about winning. I was happy to see KD have a game today
I hope he’s understands the hype thing. He did get 30 carries. They just weren’t goal line carries.

Viska scores touchdowns but other than that I can see it.

IMO Julio has been horribly mismanaged in Atlanta in terms of TD production. They haven’t made the same concerted effort to get him the ball in various parts of the field like CU does for Viska.

I think Viska absolutely should get those goalline carries. He has great vision and is so hard to bring down. McMillian has some of that too, but Viska is just special.

Nobody has stopped the Viska Wildcat yet, even though everyone knows exactly what is coming when Colorado lines up like that. It's been successful for 1 or 2 fourth downs, and 4 short touchdowns. I can't believe that teams haven't better prepared for this.

I think Viska absolutely should get those goalline carries. He has great vision and is so hard to bring down. McMillian has some of that too, but Viska is just special.
My point is I believe there is an ulterior motive for the way Chev is using Viska, that extends well beyond it being necessary. Don’t get me wrong, though, I get it and I love it. CU absolutely needs a guy like this to get the spotlight on the program.

Nobody has stopped the Viska Wildcat yet, even though everyone knows exactly what is coming when Colorado lines up like that. It's been successful for 1 or 2 fourth downs, and 4 short touchdowns. I can't believe that teams haven't better prepared for this.
At some point, we need to see a little pop pass out of it so Viska can get some passing tuds

When they know it's coming and there ain't a ****ing thing they can do about it, you know you have a special player.:D.

You put the ball in your best player's hands. Viska could be an incredible RB. I like him way better than McMillan for short yardage because Viska is stronger and squirmy. McMillan runs too high.

viska is a legit heisman candidate. he's a for sure bad ass elite player. he won't win it unless we have a huge year. look what was around rashaan when he won. we won 10 games, were ranked in the top 5, and 9 of the other 10 starters (or maybe 10 out of 10) on offense around him played in the nfl. this is why a guy like tua has the edge. it doesn't matter. control what can be controlled.

i know this for sure... keep winning. the staff is putting this guy in position to kick ass. we need to keep winning. it is a team game.

You put the ball in your best player's hands. Viska could be an incredible RB. I like him way better than McMillan for short yardage because Viska is stronger and squirmy. McMillan runs too high.
I think he could be Ricky Williams if he wanted to play RB. And not just because of the dreads.

My point is I believe there is an ulterior motive for the way Chev is using Viska, that extends well beyond it being necessary. Don’t get me wrong, though, I get it and I love it. CU absolutely needs a guy like this to get the spotlight on the program.
I see Chev doing it for many reasons, Ford only being one of them. It’s great for exceptional talent to see an OC that will use talent to rip up other teams. And they want to be that weapon.

Whatshisname on ESPN just called him La-vee-ska. You’d think he’d know his name by now. :rolleyes: He’s gonna learn it.

There's one stat for Shenault I'd like to see: when CU has a third down, how many first downs has Shenault been a part of - receiving or rushing? It seems like he is a port of 4 or 5 a game. It's another aspect of his game that makes him so valuable to the team.

There's one stat for Shenault I'd like to see: when CU has a third down, how many first downs has Shenault been a part of - receiving or rushing? It seems like he is a port of 4 or 5 a game. It's another aspect of his game that makes him so valuable to the team.
He's our safe harbor.

I was thinking this exact same thing during the game yesterday. It isn’t necessary, but it is intentional.

And I believe it is genius.

I absolutely think Chiv is padding Laviska’s stats with those goalline wilcat carries. McMillian’s interview after the game gives me comfort that he is okay with what we are doing, but would love to see McMillian get some goal line carries. And I think I remember our backup, tiny, RB getting a goal line carry or two. I think we can stop doing that.

I absolutely think Chiv is padding Laviska’s stats with those goalline wilcat carries. McMillian’s interview after the game gives me comfort that he is okay with what we are doing, but would love to see McMillian get some goal line carries. And I think I remember our backup, tiny, RB getting a goal line carry or two. I think we can stop doing that.

I like McMillian in the wildcat since he was a HS QB. I assume we'll see that again.

Back