What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

LAVISKA SHENAULT IS A BAD BAD BAD MAN

Wow. I was wrong about this year. I was skeptical due to Montez being so inconsistent, No playmakers, tiny RBs and both lines. Well Buffs have answered those pretty well I think. Montez has stepped up and grown up big time. He looks like a different QB to be honest. That is great news as it shows he's taking this seriously and believes he has a chance in NFL (which he does big time). I love the fact he does throwing sessions on his own with his WRs. It really does help. He also went to passing camps. These and the fact we have one of the best QB coaches in Roper, has made such a big difference. His accuracy on deep balls is amazing too!!!

Viska is our playmaker and superstar. Holy moly don't know what to say other than WOW. He is a bonafide stud that opposing teams have no idea how to defend. We found our Julio, Calvin, AJ etc. We have watched national powerhouses over the years roll out players that are unstoppable and only dreamed of them coming to CU. Well we found one and he is a STUD!!

Lines still need work, but they are better than I thought. I like how they seem to be improving as year goes on. Seems like defense is bend but don't break model. Hopefully we can start getting off the field more on 3rd downs. But all in all better than what I thought they would be.

Finally we have a bonafide RB that is not 5'6" and 150lbs. McMillan is a very good RB and plays hard and gets yardage after contact. Not saying Evans isn't valuable as he has a spot in this offense, but having a RB that we could give the ball 25 times a game to makes a huge difference. He makes the other team pay too. Love it!!!

With these three studs on offense, I feel we finally have a real shot at winning against the USC's , Oregons, Stanfords etc. Talent is there and enjoy the ride everyone!!!!

Broncos need to find a way to draft Montez. I think he is going to be a stud in modern NFL!!!!

I would love for Viska to win the Heisman, but it's a QB/RB award now. The last receiver to win it was Desmond Howard in 1991.

Commentators were wavering on calling the Wildcat formation/Ralphie Formation/Buffalo Formation....ask yourself this, what would The Predator look like with a football in his hands? Laviska Shenault

"Predator Formation"

shenault-2.jpg

10031208_1m.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-8_13-28-41.jpeg
    upload_2018-10-8_13-28-41.jpeg
    11.9 KB · Views: 6
latest

I’m (really) not sure how this will be taken.

Drago Bloodfist is a bad ass. Laviska Shenault is a bad ass.

I’ll go with it.

I would love for Viska to win the Heisman, but it's a QB/RB award now. The last receiver to win it was Desmond Howard in 1991.
I completely understand how everyone is focusing on Viska as being the difference maker, and he should be talked about in this context. But given how much he has grown this year, and the level he is playing at, if Montez shows out against USC and UW, and he gets a few more weapons back along the way (Jaylon and Juwann), how does he not become part of the heisman conversation also....especially being a QB? Honest question for the board.

I completely understand how everyone is focusing on Viska as being the difference maker, and he should be talked about in this context. But given how much he has grown this year, and the level he is playing at, if Montez shows out against USC and UW, and he gets a few more weapons back along the way (Jaylon and Juwann), how does he not become part of the heisman conversation also....especially being a QB? Honest question for the board.

If we get into playoff contention my guess is he would but he needs a couple great games in big time games like you said to start getting more attention... And for him it would be great if it was more than Viska.

Right now Viska's numbers are so ridiculous and unparralleled the media can't ignore them. Montez's numbers are just really really good.

He really reminds me of Larry Fitzgerald, especially after reading about the reasoning behind not cutting his hair.

Larry Fitzgerald is a little more finesse than Shenault, amazing player for any WR to be compared to. . . I was thinking Viska is a little more similar to Sammy Watkins

Larry Fitzgerald is a little more finesse than Shenault, amazing player for any WR to be compared to. . . I was thinking Viska is a little more similar to Sammy Watkins
But also a little bit like Marshawn Lynch or Todd Gurley, with a little Richard Sherman and Melvin Gordon mixed in.

Back