What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Leavitt to Oregon

People hate because he's a phony. He claims it's not about the money in a speech, two weeks later leaves for more money. He tells a writer that he loved CU, thought he'd never leave unless for HC job, come to find out he was interviewing for two DC jobs, Ole Miss and Oregon. He claims he loves the players, they find out he's leaving on twitter & unfortunately there was no other way. he skips out on the biggest game of their careers 2 weeks prior, a game in which they get blown out and look unorganized. JL Reiterates his love for CU while he's secretly been recruiting other coaches to Whoregon with him (Clark). Clark also jumps ship to take the same position that he had at CU... Anybody care to surmise what he's doing and saying to our committed recruits?

Jim Leavitt comes off as a phony piece of trash. He has this amped up social media presence but has carbon copied the same trashy posting at cu,now at Oregon.

As others mentioned if he left for OU or Ole Miss it wouldn't be as bad. Going to a conference rival feels like a your partner cheating with your best friend.

Thus I say **** Jim Leavitt, Chris Clark, I wish them nothing but the worst.

I dont hate him for taking what hes worth. He doubled to nearly trippled his salary. We came in at half that. Its only a couple of times in your life that your a hot commodity with people trying to hire you. Especially when you are in a business where you can go from hot to not quick.

Im a little mad at CU for low balling.

I dont hate him for taking what hes worth. He doubled to nearly trippled his salary. We came in at half that. Its only a couple of times in your life that your a hot commodity with people trying to hire you. Especially when you are in a business where you can go from hot to not quick.

Im a little mad at CU for low balling.
What are you talking about? Low balling? Reports I saw had us offering somewhere in the neighborhood of $900k which would have made him the highest paid PAC 12 assistant and top 20 in the country.

If the K-St job becomes available, Leavitt is far from a lock.

As much as we may not like him now he is a very good coach. He proved it at South Florida and has proven it since then, most recently here.

He wants to be a head coach and unless things crash around him at Oregon he will get another shot, either at a P5 school or at an upper end G5 school and at his age he will take it.

Oregon better be ready to see him go after members of their staff and their recruiting class when he does. Nature of the business and how he does it.

Would have liked to have him here another year or two but I don't expect him to be at Oregon long either.

As much as we may not like him now he is a very good coach. He proved it at South Florida and has proven it since then, most recently here.

He wants to be a head coach and unless things crash around him at Oregon he will get another shot, either at a P5 school or at an upper end G5 school and at his age he will take it.

Oregon better be ready to see him go after members of their staff and their recruiting class when he does. Nature of the business and how he does it.

Would have liked to have him here another year or two but I don't expect him to be at Oregon long either.
I work with a guy who is a KState grad and who's brother is tight with the AD. When I mentioned Leavitt's "out" in his contract if KState offers, he gave that little "whence" look and said, sort of, "Welllllll, I'm not so sure we would offer him the job....". So that's what I base my opinion on.

Last edited:
I work with a guy who is a KState grad and who's brother is tight with the AD. When I mentioned Leavitt's "out" in his contract if KState offers he gave that little "whence" look and said, sort of, "Welllllll, I'm not so sure we would offer him the job....". So that's what I base my opinion on.

I don't know that he would get the K-State job but I have no question that somebody is going to want him in the next couple years.

K-State also may have an exaggerated opinion of the value of their job. Minus Snyder KjSU isn't a great destination. Last time he retired he left the program in solid shape and it fell apart quickly. This time the new coach will have less going for him.

KjSU no longer has as big an advantage with JuCos as they used to. They don't have a great fan base, it isn't looked at as an elite football school (or even one of those schools that will always be good.) Kids don't go there because they want to spend 4 years on that campus and their position in terms of conference isn't good.

I don't see a line of great coaches wanting to follow Snyder. They may have to go to JL by default.

I work with a guy who is a KState grad and who's brother is tight with the AD. When I mentioned Leavitt's "out" in his contract if KState offers, he gave that little "whence" look and said, sort of, "Welllllll, I'm not so sure we would offer him the job....". So that's what I base my opinion on.
So you heard from a coworker who knows a guy that is supposedly tight with the AD. Sounds legit.

The interwebs: Where somebody always seems to know a guy that knows a guy that has the answers!

So you heard from a coworker who knows a guy that is supposedly tight with the AD. Sounds legit.

The interwebs: Where somebody always seems to know a guy that knows a guy that has the answers!
Put on your reading glasses. His BROTHER is tight with the AD. Not "some guy." I have no reason to not believe. He also said "not so sure," as in they could hire him but there is a good chance they won't. He also really likes Leavitt, so it isn't as if he has an agenda.

Put on your reading glasses. His BROTHER is tight with the AD. Not "some guy." I have no reason to not believe. He also said "not so sure," as in they could hire him but there is a good chance they won't. He also really likes Leavitt, so it isn't as if he has an agenda.
Do YOU know his brother? To YOU it's just a guy. No offense DBT,but you don't know ****, the guy you know doesn't know ****, and the guy he knows doesn't know **** about who KSU will hire possibly years down the road.

Do YOU know his brother? To YOU it's just a guy. No offense DBT,but you don't know ****, the guy you know doesn't know ****, and the guy he knows doesn't know **** about who KSU will hire possibly years down the road.
I know all, you bastard!!

I know all, you bastard!!

Well at one time you knew it, how long has it been since you forgot it, along with where your keys are, your little plastic pill case, and your hearing aid batteries.

Well at one time you knew it, how long has it been since you forgot it, along with where your keys are, your little plastic pill case, and your hearing aid batteries.
It's a BIG plastic pill case, thank you very much!

I don't have a problem with head coaches taking other jobs and bringing recruits with them, that's fairly common especially when it's from a G5 to a P5.

I do have a problem with Leavitt and Clark taking lateral jobs to an in conference team and trying to flip our commits. That's low class, and not nearly as common.

I don't have a problem with head coaches taking other jobs and bringing recruits with them, that's fairly common especially when it's from a G5 to a P5.

I do have a problem with Leavitt and Clark taking lateral jobs to an in conference team and trying to flip our commits. That's low class, and not nearly as common.
They both owe CU a great deal of gratitude. To go to a rival is one thing but to try to take recruits is slimy.

I don't mind coaches who try to recruit kids they found but leavitt and Clark going after guys they had no relationship with us annoying as hell.

How does a recruit feel when a coach suddenly changes his mind over night?

"Come to CU! We're awesome!! We're building something special and we want you to be part of it! That campus is so awesome!"

"Nevermind, I've changed my mind. Disregard what I've told you so far. Oregon is awesome!"

I know this is apples and oranges, but if I were to go to the private sector and helped my new company bid on jobs I had direct knowledge of, I'd be guilty of an ethics violation. CU employed Leavitt and Clark to recruit these guys to CU. To me, for them to use relationships that CU paid them to develop and then turn around and use those relationships for the benefit of one of our competitors is unethical. Illegal? No. but unethical and dishonorable.

This just tells me that Oregon's old staff was absolutely clueless in all phases (obviously not a big statement there), but their new staff is offering almost every player CU has targeted. Leavitt obviously doesnt like anyone on D they are bringing in from the old staff.

I know this is apples and oranges, but if I were to go to the private sector and helped my new company bid on jobs I had direct knowledge of, I'd be guilty of an ethics violation. CU employed Leavitt and Clark to recruit these guys to CU. To me, for them to use relationships that CU paid them to develop and then turn around and use those relationships for the benefit of one of our competitors is unethical. Illegal? No. but unethical and dishonorable.

I agree - until we hire some new coaches that poach some of their recruiting targets. Then it's all gravy.

This just tells me that Oregon's old staff was absolutely clueless in all phases (obviously not a big statement there), but their new staff is offering almost every player CU has targeted. Leavitt obviously doesnt like anyone on D they are bringing in from the old staff.

Maybe it's all Leavitt.... but its a good sign for the evaluations our staff has done.

I don't mind Leavitt and Clark going after Slade-Matautia and Barnes, guys who are high on our board but are uncommitted. I definitely hope our new DC and DB coach continue to try to recruit uncommitted targets (or targets who committed to other teams than they coached for) they've built relationships with. It would feel dirty to poach ones they worked to get a commitment for their previous team tho.

Back