What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Let's all calm down

We all know that an out of sync Oline makes a whole offense look bad. Sometimes it takes a few weeks for an Oline to gel.

I realize its been ten years and everyone is tired...but if your going to go all in now is the time. There is hope left and players read these boards.

I appreciate where you're coming from.

We do police outright bashing of players on this board.

But at the same time, this isn't Little League. These are not children playing for fun and exercise. They are adults on scholarship playing at the highest level of football on the planet outside of the NFL. And we all give a lot of our time, passion and money to supporting this program.

So we are within reasonable expectations to have a voice and for that voice to sometimes be an angry one. And these athletes can be reasonably expected to handle it if they hear our displeasure -- that they don't need to be emotionally coddled.

Reactions: SBG
I appreciate where you're coming from.

We do police outright bashing of players on this board.

But at the same time, this isn't Little League. These are not children playing for fun and exercise. They are adults on scholarship playing at the highest level of football on the planet outside of the NFL. And we all give a lot of our time, passion and money to supporting this program.

So we are within reasonable expectations to have a voice and for that voice to sometimes be an angry one. And these athletes can be reasonably expected to handle it if they hear our displeasure -- that they don't need to be emotionally coddled.
Agreed. No problem with voicing displeasure or holding people to reasonable expectations ...but that is different than declaring this season and the future of all CU football a bust. The later is just despair.

Agreed. No problem with voicing displeasure or holding people to reasonable expectations ...but that is different than declaring this season and the future of all CU football a bust. The later is just despair.

All future CU football is not broken, but make no mistake - this season is done. There is no bowl game. There is no winning season. That's how important this game was. The entire season and all the hopes for it were riding on a win in Honolulu. If the players read this, fine. They should have known that. They should have known what was at stake. They played like garbage in the most important game of the season. The one game where they could erase all the bad taste from last year. I'm not exaggerating when I say that every single goal the team had for the season is now out of reach. It's all gone. If we can't beat Hawaii, there may be 2 or 3 other teams remaining on the schedule that we can beat. The UH game told us where we are, and we're no further along than we were at this time last year.

They forced turnovers. They stayed in their lane. They got Hawaii off the field when they needed to.

Coming into the game, most people were worried about the defense not being much in week 1 and letting Hawaii stay in the game. Well, the D kept us in the game but the O couldn't take a **** after taking a laxative.
So we're feeling pretty good about the defense after 1 game with a new coordinator and system, but we're still in wait and see mode 2+ years into this offense. Gotcha.

All future CU football is not broken, but make no mistake - this season is done. There is no bowl game. There is no winning season. That's how important this game was. The entire season and all the hopes for it were riding on a win in Honolulu. If the players read this, fine. They should have known that. They should have known what was at stake. They played like garbage in the most important game of the season. The one game where they could erase all the bad taste from last year. I'm not exaggerating when I say that every single goal the team had for the season is now out of reach. It's all gone. If we can't beat Hawaii, there may be 2 or 3 other teams remaining on the schedule that we can beat. The UH game told us where we are, and we're no further along than we were at this time last year.
If that is true, why should we watch another game? Why should players even show up this year?

No prob with holding people accountable...but the doom and gloom isn't helpful. What does that do for you?

Sunshine pumping also isn't helpful, as proven by ten years of Internet message board expiramentation.

People are hard wired with the inalienable right to react with honesty.

Keeping this heartfelt frustration bottled in just isn't healthy for the fans, for the board, and for the program.

Warning to posters who want to only read about unicorns farting rainbows: Checking into to Allbuffs after the Buffs failed miserably to live up to expectations may be hazardous to your vagina.

I disagree but will defend with my life your right to say it. Not literally "with my life." More like my anonymous internet life.

If that is true, why should we watch another game? Why should players even show up this year?

I'll show up for the same reason I've showed up the last 10 years - for the tailgates. The players can do what they want. It won't matter one way or the other.

Sunshine pumping also isn't helpful, as proven by ten years of Internet message board expiramentation.

People are hard wired with the inalienable right to react with honesty.

Keeping this heartfelt frustration bottled in just isn't healthy for the fans, for the board, and for the program.

Warning to posters who want to only read about unicorns farting rainbows: Checking into to Allbuffs after the Buffs failed miserably to live up to expectations may be hazardous to your vagina.
I am hardly sunshine pumping...I am very worried that our coaches didn't have us prepared. It was a bad game. Nothing I have said qualifies as sunshine pumping.

All I am saying is that hope is not lost. It will take a couple of games to understand the trajectory of this season.

But it's great for ***holes

fify

I actually do think it is in the realm of possibility that Hawaii was kind of an outlier and that we can turn this around this year. Look, Stanford and Arizona both looked beatable. We lost to Hawaii more due to mistakes than being outplayed. IMO. So, while I'm pissed and really angry with Mac, I'm still hopeful.

I actually do think it is in the realm of possibility that Hawaii was kind of an outlier and that we can turn this around this year. Look, Stanford and Arizona both looked beatable. We lost to Hawaii more due to mistakes than being outplayed. IMO. So, while I'm pissed and really angry with Mac, I'm still hopeful.

This goes without saying IMO.

Obligatory post for a thread like this:

tumblr_lflnsoqp8C1qf4elio1_400.gif

Is this bargaining or acceptance?

What really pisses me off, looking back, is I think CU coaches and players were a bit cavilier going into this game. The statements by Mike guaranteeing, pretty much, that we are going to win this year and players saying, "We're going to Hawaii but this is a business trip" have the feel of overconfidence to me. And I just don't get that. The fact they thought they could just hop on a plane on a Tuesday, get one day, essentially, to adjust, and be ready to play bugs the **** out of me. Looking back, the entire preparation and mindset leading up to this game was all wrong and I totally blame MacIntyre for that.

Heck, with the rest of the PAC12 losing today, it might not be that bad after all.
BUT, we need to get as many W's as possible, and this was a game we needed to win.

I liked the grit we showed in the last :48. ;)

A bowl game was never realistic imo. That said, we can still have a solid season.

A bowl game was never realistic imo. That said we can still have a solid season.

Whether a bowl game was realistic or not isn't the point. Would you agree that any chance we had for a bowl game depended on beating Hawaii?

What really pisses me off, looking back, is I think CU coaches and players were a bit cavilier going into this game. The statements by Mike guaranteeing, pretty much, that we are going to win this year and players saying, "We're going to Hawaii but this is a business trip" have the feel of overconfidence to me. And I just don't get that. The fact they thought they could just hop on a plane on a Tuesday, get one day, essentially, to adjust, and be ready to play bugs the **** out of me. Looking back, the entire preparation and mindset leading up to this game was all wrong and I totally blame MacIntyre for that.
Bargaining. Acceptance comes when he realizes the season is shot. He still holds out hope. While admirable, it isn't entirely realistic.

Ohp, now he's back to anger. :D

We are 3-4 weeks away from a "I stand behind Coach MacIntyre" thread started by DBT.
No. I'm ready to throw him under the bus, man. I said it is in "the realm of possibility." That is not meant, in any way, to be an endorsement of Mac. If he doesn't turn it around, I want a new guy as soon as next year.

No. I'm ready to throw him under the bus, man. I said it is in "the realm of possibility." That is not meant, in any way, to be an endorsement of Mac. If he doesn't turn it around, I want a new guy as soon as next year.

He did send his daughter to rapey Baylor, brought his stone fingered son in for daddyball, and doesn't appear to have mastered the finer points of clock management.

Ohp, now he's back to anger. :D
Yeah, I bounce around. But I've seen enough real grief lately to not worry about football fan grief much. It would be nice to be able to kind of escape the real world for a few hours each week though instead of watching the team I've loved for almost 40 years remain a laughing stock.

Back