What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lindgren, Sefo, OL, Play Calling, OH MY

There's something wrong-headed about what he did there and it's not the first time.

If you've moved the ball down the field a certain way, you stick with it until the defense stops you.

I have been a Lindgren supporter, but this is just a Play Calling 101 type thing I'm bringing up here. And it's not the first time he has screwed up in that way, thinking he's got to trick the other team instead of sticking with what is working until the defense adjusts to it (if they can).

There's something wrong-headed about what he did there and it's not the first time.

If you've moved the ball down the field a certain way, you stick with it until the defense stops you.

I have been a Lindgren supporter, but this is just a Play Calling 101 type thing I'm bringing up here. And it's not the first time he has screwed up in that way, thinking he's got to trick the other team instead of sticking with what is working until the defense adjusts to it (if they can).
Its like a coaching Napoleon complex, he has some sort of compulsion to prove how smart he is by doing the unexpected.

Agree. They were hashing them north and south and would inexplicably try east and west for no gain. Too cute at times

I think Lindgren tries to do too much with the offense. Tons of formations, personell groupings, random trick plays. It's like he's even confusing himself. And the throwing the ball behind the line of scrimmage on 3rd down is incredibly frustrating among many other things

Its like a coaching Napoleon complex, he has some sort of compulsion to prove how smart he is by doing the unexpected.

Remind you of a certain ex-coach at CU whose name shall not be uttered?

The red zone stuff sucks. But this game for me comes down to the 3 and out up 31-28. We've stormed back. Defense makes a big stop to get the ball back. I don't care how you ****ing do it, but you have to get a first down there.

This team needs to find a killer instinct, some how, some way. That means coaches and players.

We are still ok with close games and that is the big issue right now. What do you do to make these games into wins? Find it!

Not going to give Lindgren a pass here, but I think the biggest issue is he goes to the pass tree well one too many times. The curl routes are predictable in a close game. UCLA knew it was coming.

This was the worst loss of the year for me. I can't believe we lost that game.

The red zone stuff sucks. But this game for me comes down to the 3 and out up 31-28. We've stormed back. Defense makes a big stop to get the ball back. I don't care how you ****ing do it, but you have to get a first down there.

And you have things that they haven't stopped all day and you don't do them.

I was in the car for this drive and told my wife it could be a program defining drive. Unfortunately, it was.

Spot on....that was it for me as well.....and Sefo's reaction showed he also knew how critical that miss was.

****gren blows. What's with all the empty backfield calls? So simple for a D to get pressure when they see that. He is terrible and not a P5 OC. At. All.

On the road, 4 red zone trips, 6 points.

Run, 1st down, run, 1st down, LETS THROW IT!!!

Lindgren. IS. THE. PROBLEM.

I always find it funny when fans completely ignore that there is a team with significantly more talent on the other side of the field. UCLA on an off day will beat CU on one of its best days. Deal with it, bitch.

I always find it funny when fans completely ignore that there is a team with significantly more talent on the other side of the field. UCLA on an off day will beat CU on one of its best days. Deal with it, bitch.

Cu should have won this game, talent aside.

My issue with Lindgren is two fold:
1. Phillip Lindsay is a stud and is under-utilized. This rotating back mess is atrocious. I like D. Lee, Carr too. But Lindsay is the stud in this backfield. He ran 3 times for 20 yards in the first half. 7 yards per carry. His reward, Lindgren decides to run Sefo left, Sefo right, for an average of 3.7 yards per carry. Then, he benches Lindsay and rotates Carr and Lee. Granted Carr had a good game, but what about Lindsay's 7 yards per carry? He would have continued to run over UCLA for perhaps 200+ yards. There is no need for a running by committee, Lindsay is the back and would be the back at most D1 schools - Stop playing around and allow him to run/manage a game!!!
2. Bench Sefo. He is tough, very tough. But he is inaccurate and is very inconsistent. The offense seems to be run around his capabilities opposed to having the skilled players run an offense. Bench Sefo, fire Lindgren, run Lindsay and let Montez throw it. I surmise the team is no worse than 4-5 with Montez and without Lindgren, in fact, I give CU 3 more wins at this point in the season

So why even play the game then? How do big 5 teams beat power 5 teams EVERY WEEK?

They couldn't stop the run. Could Not Do it. But running isn't cute enough for Lindgren. Gotta get those 4 yd outs.

We had WRs would couldn't catch the ball all night. But keep throwing it.

All their middle LBs are out? We better run outside!

How does a team with that big of a talent differential take a team late into the 4th and completely dominate statistically? I don't the difference is as great as advertised.

UCLA was (is) pretty banged up. The talent disparity wasn't evident today because of that. The thing that sucks is that next year Rosen will be a lot better. This was one of our best chances to beat UCLA. Unless we really turn a corner next year, I think we see Rosen tear us up.

Now that the game is over, I can form a fully informed opinion and say that I wouldn't mind seeing Brian Lindgren taken out to pasture. Zandi is still dooshy
So, this was the game for you to make a decision? Before or during this game you couldn't make a fully formed opinion? That's ****ing stupid. Tinishecky has filled the vacuum.

UCLA was (is) pretty banged up. The talent disparity wasn't evident today because of that. The thing that sucks is that next year Rosen will be a lot better. This was one of our best chances to beat UCLA. Unless we really turn a corner next year, I think we see Rosen tear us up.

Good thing we weren't battling injuries today. For the past three years I've been hearing about how lucky we were to keep the game close with UCLA and how next year they are going to really give us a beating.

Back