What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lonzo Ball's dad.

He's an idiot. His other kids are good players but not like Lonzo. Say I was a GM, I wouldn't deal with his bull**** and would be upfront about it. He isn't making this about his kids, that's pretty damn obvious. Maybe in a sense he is but he thinks he deserves to benefit off their success because he raised them well? **** that man, jmho. They wanna give back to him fine, shut up already.

I agree that Black Lives Matter, but I'd be willing to consider Mr Ball an exception. a little sarcasim

Isn't one of those white guys supposed to be a lottery pick and isn't Lonzo half white?

Funny thing is the Arizona team that beat out UCLA for the Pac 12 title had a couple white guys playing pretty prominent roles. A white guy hit the shot that beat the team that UCLA lost to. Two or three of the Zags best players were white guys. Just stupidity. But I'm reacting so joke is on me.

He's got a son going there next year and one of those white players is coming back to school, so I hear anyway. Talk about awkward.

Funny thing is the Arizona team that beat out UCLA for the Pac 12 title had a couple white guys playing pretty prominent roles. A white guy hit the shot that beat the team that UCLA lost to. Two or three of the Zags best players were white guys. Just stupidity. But I'm reacting so joke is on me.
It's not designed to make sense. It's designed to make headlines.

Of course it is but do you think that might backfire a bit?

How much money have the Kardashians made? How did Trump win the White House? Fame = success in today's America and I suspect that the Ball Brand will benefit greatly from this as long as Lonzo is entertaining enough on a basketball court to justify our continued attention. If he's just another guy, the headlines go away and the statements become irrelevant. If Lonzo's play makes him relevant, then the statements will drive the brand to a much higher value than if Mr. Ball was quiet.

Fair enough, I was really just asking.
I hope I'm wrong. But I believe we've jumped the shark to idiocracy in American culture. As long as someone is interesting, that's more important to us than anything else and we'll give our attention and money for that entertainment. Mr. Ball is not interesting to me personally, but the cultural phenomenon he's playing is very interesting to me. I expect this to work and for Lonzo to be the most marketable player out of this draft by a long shot, even if he's not picked #1.

Racism is racism, no matter where it comes from and where it is aimed.
I agree.

In this case, the PC police can't get him fired, so reporters will keep shoving a mic in his face hoping he says something similarly controversial next time.

I hope I'm wrong. But I believe we've jumped the shark to idiocracy in American culture. As long as someone is interesting, that's more important to us than anything else and we'll give our attention and money for that entertainment. Mr. Ball is not interesting to me personally, but the cultural phenomenon he's playing is very interesting to me. I expect this to work and for Lonzo to be the most marketable player out of this draft by a long shot, even if he's not picked #1.

Agree and can't ****ing stand it. I hate narcissistic fools that get attention from the media, emboldening them to fall more in love with themselves. I wish ESPN, other media outlets, and the general population would tune a deaf ear to this delusional joke.

He'll either be 1 or 2. It's him or Fultz.

I think Ball is 1 or 2... ...but I wouldn't be surprised if Fultz drops. Jackson and Tatum are enticing as well. I think this is a deep class, and I wouldn't be surprised if someone fell in love with Fox over Ball too.

I'd say the opposite. Fultz is going 1 but I wouldn't be surprised if Ball drops. He will likely go top 3 but I'm not sure I have him as a top 3 pick.

Jackson, DSJ, Isaac, and Fox are all right there.

I respect you TD, and I get you. But I respectfully disagree. I think Ball's bball IQ stands out on tape, and that will stand the evaluation process. His athleticism and skills may get scrutinized, but I think his game will keep him top 3. Fultz - he has limited tape, whereas people have seen what Jackson, Fox, Tatum and others can do in big games against top competition.

I also don't get all of the Isaac love... ...the few parts of FSU games I've seen...didn't jump out at all. I get the potential aspect, but just don't get all the love for him. I take Markaanen over him personally.

Forgot about Tatum and Markkanen, man what a stacked class.

Isaac reminds me of that Kevin Durant/Rashard Lewis type where he's only "raw" in that he's too skinny at the moment. Has incredible handles for his size, not quite at a Durant or Giannis level, but is more versatile and shows more defensive instincts than Rashard Lewis. Good shot selection, good with the ball in his hands, can likely play both the 3 and 4, and then of course like you mentioned dat potential. Brandon Ingram was a younger freshman with untapped potential, but Isaac had a better freshman year.

The two silly draft picks I'm hoping happen are Isaac to PHX for the most unusual frontcourt of all time with Bender and Chriss (I know I know not gonna happen :() and DSJ to NYK to combo with Porzingis (could happen).

If a white guy had said "you can't win with 3 undisciplined black guys", it would be the #1 story in sports and Twitter would be outraged at the blatant racism.

Well...that isn't what happened so you are making up **** to change the narrative. Ball dropped the ball on this one. He shouldn't be let off the hook, but that doesn't mean it should be twisted into anything more or different than what it is.

Well...that isn't what happened so you are making up **** to change the narrative. Ball dropped the ball on this one. He shouldn't be let off the hook, but that doesn't mean it should be twisted into anything more or different than what it is.
He said there was no way UCLA was going to win with the slow foot speed of 3 white guys. I'm not twisting anything to fit any narrative, but his comments were blatantly racist, but because he's a black man saying it about white people, it's not really condemned as racist.

Back