What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lonzo Ball's dad.

I don't know much about the family apart from the dad's comments, but living here in the Palm Beaches has shown me a thing or two about entitled kids. Emphasizing money above all else and letting high schoolers run about in $100,000 cars usually ends poorly.

I hear you. And hope no one gets me wrong here: Mr. Ball does rub me the wrong way. All I'm saying is that he's a good dad based on the evidence, he's playing everyone right now to drive the hype/marketability, and it doesn't matter that he rubs me the wrong way because there's nothing that he or Lonzo could have said or done to make me buy a Lonzo shoe.

Dude you aren't wrong, just a different era man. Does he piss me me off in some ways yes, no doubt. I don't teach my son that way but I'm not him, my son isn't as talented as his either. That's fine with me because I don't need him to be a star for me. If he ends up being really good, I want it to be for him, not me. Made that very clear to him. Your success belongs to you.

I lived vicariously through my kids. I got struck out through my kids. I got a broken arm through my kids. I missed free throws through my kids. It's a tough job living vicariously through your kids.

Rumor has it that he is angling for a reality show. Guy loves the spotlight and doesn't mind if people think he's a fool as long as he is in it.

Can we table this conversation for at least 3 more years? (Says the dad of 2 girls, the oldest turning 13 in a few months)

Ha ha - nope.

In all seriousness, my sweet little girl went to bed on the last night of being 12 and woke up the next day an entirely different person. Not to say she wasn't still and is now a great person, but we'll never forget it. It's like her fairy godmother (or Satan) visited her that night and changed her from our little tomboy to omg-that-boy-looked-at-me-and-did-you-hear-what-she-said just like that.

Someone asked Lonzo after the game last night if his mother had had a stroke. Great timing, jerk. Lonzo declined to answer.

Crossed the line now. Mr. Ball started waxing on about how LeBron's kids wouldn't be successful in basketball. Those kids are 12 and 9 years old.

LBJ was not amused.

"Keep my kids' name out of your mouth, keep my family out of your mouth," James told ESPN on Tuesday, as the Cavaliers practiced on UCLA's campus, two days after a victory at the Lakers.

"This is dad to dad. It's a problem now."

"He can talk all about his brand, talk about his sons, talk about basketball, talk about me," James told ESPN. "But keep my family out of this."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...lavar-ball-father-ucla-bruins-star-lonzo-ball

LBJ is absolutely in the right with this. You don't go there.

I honestly don't understand the endgame here. I've read that he's talking to major shoe companies to bring BBB under a larger corporate umbrella. I can't imagine LeBron would be cool with being a corporate partner with a dude talking noise about his kids. And LeBron has by far a bigger brand identity than Lonzo Ball. And BBB is entirely centered around his kids (at least one of which just isn't very good as an NBA prospect). What NBA star would sign on to that brand? He's also said his kid is better than Under Armour's biggest star. So he's stuck with adidas or going solo (how'd that work out for Shaq?) Seems like he's really short sighted, in addition to being annoying as hell.

Crossed the line now. Mr. Ball started waxing on about how LeBron's kids wouldn't be successful in basketball. Those kids are 12 and 9 years old.

LBJ was not amused.

"Keep my kids' name out of your mouth, keep my family out of your mouth," James told ESPN on Tuesday, as the Cavaliers practiced on UCLA's campus, two days after a victory at the Lakers.

"This is dad to dad. It's a problem now."

"He can talk all about his brand, talk about his sons, talk about basketball, talk about me," James told ESPN. "But keep my family out of this."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...lavar-ball-father-ucla-bruins-star-lonzo-ball

LBJ is absolutely in the right with this. You don't go there.
He is right but I really wish people would ignore him, this will only makes things worse.

Within weeks he's called out the best of all time and the best player in the world, his kids at least. Jesus, pay him no mind but it's probably not gonna happen. It supposed to be about his kids but it doesn't appear to be.

But it's how you become President!

avengerstonywellyourenotwrong_zpsf62e901f.gif

Good God, First Take was a doozy this morning. Why would anybody want any company to hire his son as far as endorsements go? They gonna put his dad's head on the shoe?

Back