What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lonzo Ball's dad.

How much money have the Kardashians made? How did Trump win the White House? Fame = success in today's America and I suspect that the Ball Brand will benefit greatly from this as long as Lonzo is entertaining enough on a basketball court to justify our continued attention. If he's just another guy, the headlines go away and the statements become irrelevant. If Lonzo's play makes him relevant, then the statements will drive the brand to a much higher value than if Mr. Ball was quiet.

Remember a few years ago some guy near Ft. Collins tried to claim that his child had flown away in a balloon or something like that. Got all of the first responders out. Turned out the kid was hiding in the garage or something like that. The guy was just trying to get his family famous and on a reality show.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-five-years-promote-childrens-metal-band.html

We have gotten to the point, with the Kardashians in the lead, where being famous for being famous is enough. It isn't about talent or creativity or remarkable abilities, it is just about being interesting enough to keep people watching you.

Remember a few years ago some guy near Ft. Collins tried to claim that his child had flown away in a balloon or something like that. Got all of the first responders out. Turned out the kid was hiding in the garage or something like that. The guy was just trying to get his family famous and on a reality show.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-five-years-promote-childrens-metal-band.html

We have gotten to the point, with the Kardashians in the lead, where being famous for being famous is enough. It isn't about talent or creativity or remarkable abilities, it is just about being interesting enough to keep people watching you.
Google "Kim Kardashian and Ray J" and tell me she doesn't have any talent, creativity or remarkable abilities...

Reading the beginning of this thread again, and @Jeric and @YngC had a nice little spat. I wonder what Will's thoughts are now that his dad literally caused his son to miss out on millions in endorsements.

Haha yeah this ain't a good look for me. I respect the dude in trying to make a move that sets the family up for generations...IF Lonzo is on the same page. The moment Lonzo wants something else and Lavar screws that move, it'll feel different for me.

As of now, he's just an idiot like he's always been. If Lonzo is bought in, at least. Who knows. It's a bad look.

Lonzo can make this right if he tells pops to focus on the younger 2 (ie, **** off) and then re-approaches those brands with a new, open mind and new mgmt team

Last edited:
Lonzo can make this right if he tells pops to focus on the younger 2 (ie, **** off) and then re-approaches those brands with a new, open mind and new mgmt team

To me this thing looks like dad is more about dad than he is his kids. The "these are my boys, I made them what they are and they are what they are because of me" mentality.

This guy isn't like Tiger Woods dad or the Williams sister's dad who were both able to eventually smile and step back. The only way that Lonzo is ever going to have any control over his life is to eventually tell dad to step back and I don't think dad will do it without an ugly battle.

To me this thing looks like dad is more about dad than he is his kids. The "these are my boys, I made them what they are and they are what they are because of me" mentality.

This guy isn't like Tiger Woods dad or the Williams sister's dad who were both able to eventually smile and step back. The only way that Lonzo is ever going to have any control over his life is to eventually tell dad to step back and I don't think dad will do it without an ugly battle.

yes, and agree that Lonzo will only get a deal if he tells Dad to step aside. The brands have made that pretty clear

Does anyone know if he hired an agent, or did he make the tragic error of trying to negotiate with them directly on behalf of Lonzo/Big Baller?

Also got the HC of Chino Hills fired. Can't imagine how much it would suck to be their teammates.

Can I get my Big Baller British Knights in size 16?
476e73badc61bcb78b873b96e0836e68.jpg

Back