What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lookalike & Game thread- #24 ranked/ #18 (NET rankings) Men's bball hosts #27 (NET) Stanford (Boulder, Sat., 2/8, 4:00 PM, Pac 12 Networks)

We bitch about the officiating, and there were some really questionable, hell, not even questionable, calls, but we went to the line 40 times to Stanford’s 17!

I haven't looked at the stats yet but didn't realize 40 trips, sure wish they'd have hit the front end of 1 and 1's. Great win for the Buffs, fun fun season so far
Keep it rollin Tad.

Evan Battey has the biggest heart. There is no finer representative of the University of Colorado than that young man.
What a bizarre game. Buffs shot 70% in the second half, 8-8 from 3.
Game ops people need to pull their heads out of their asses. We can’t have a supa dupa tuba cheer, but they can play the ****ing Macarena and YMCA both in time outs under 4 minutes in a close game and kill a mostly electric crowd. Get the hell out of here with that crap.
One maca two maca three macarena. Heeeeey macarena. Aiiiiiiigh.

Someone may have noted earlier it was Randy McCall and crew officiating this clunker.......worst person and ref to grace the Denver Metro area!
He who nullified Sabatino Chen's game-winning 3 pointer at AZ! Yeah, the same damn prick!
Sab (or a relative that looks just like him) was at the game. Also saw jelly and stalzer on the way out.

Apologies to Chase Howell and 247 for such a long quote, but I thought it was that good and that poignant:

“It was emotional because I looked over and seeing Oscar’s head bleeding and his starting to roll back into his head,” Wright said. “I just got down on my knees and said a prayer. (CU head) coach (Tad) Boyle wanted me to call both teams together and say another prayer so we got together and (Stanford head) coach (Jerod) Hasse said for both teams to keep playing hard and I said a prayer and thanked God that he was okay and wasn’t worse than what it was.”

It was the first time most of us had seen anything like it. Two teams getting together in the same huddle in the middle of a basketball game, especially at this level. A sign of how much respect these two teams have for each other.

“I think it's a great show unity and I think I have a great deal of respect for Colorado program,” Hasse said. “Coach Boyle is first class and I think everything you saw there was genuine and real. Again, I think this game, represents what's right about college basketball in a concerning time for our sport. Colorado and Coach Boyle are at the forefront of doing it right.”

We bitch about the officiating, and there were some really questionable, hell, not even questionable, calls, but we went to the line 40 times to Stanford’s 17!
So what? Furd was intentionally fouling late. Must have rung up at least 12 FTs in the last 2 minutes when that was Furd's obvious strategy. Plus, Tad's offense is run to draw fouls, so the number of FTs is irrelevant as to whther the refs are crappy and crappy is too nice a word for McCall's efforts, night in and night out.

Seems like every year there’s one P12 game that causes me to wonder if the refs even know what sport they’re officiating (see: the Bachynski game). Today was this years.

This crew out did the one we had Thursday night which is saying something.

I can't hear the Q on this version, but in the post-game, EB says his mom came into the locker room and calmed him after the da Silva incident. What an unusual game. We were horrible in the 1st half, unstoppable the last 15 minutes, and all that emotion. Will be remembered for many years. Is this the 1st time we've had sole possession of #1?

Why anyone would get in the way of a 275 pound man running at full speed is beyond me. De Silva went up for the hard foul and lost. Battey did nothing wrong but I totally get the horror thinking you might have really injured someone even on accident.
You don't, unless you have pads on. Pretty dicey even if you do. :D

So what? Furd was intentionally fouling late. Must have rung up at least 12 FTs in the last 2 minutes when that was Furd's obvious strategy. Plus, Tad's offense is run to draw fouls, so the number of FTs is irrelevant as to whther the refs are crappy and crappy is too nice a word for McCall's efforts, night in and night out.
Efforts is probably giving too much credit as well.

Back