What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Looking ahead to 2015

MM is not unraveling at all. We have seen unraveling up close with the last 2 coaches and especially with Hawk. I love the MM we have seen the last 2 weeks. he is going to get guys to go thru a wall for him and it is going to pay dividends. You are already seeing it in the fight with this young team. The culture here needed a big dose of someone showing them they hate to and do not expect to lose. It is building and they will get a break through game this year. We had too many guys who did not care if they lost in the past. That has to change to take the next step and I think we are seeing it. It looks like some of these kids are dying inside in the post game interviews and that is not a bad thing.

You want to play for a guy like MM if you are a competitor and this team will feed off of it. My $0.02

I don't care that the geniuses on this board don't agree with me, and I certainly am not advocating that Embree come back. However, Embree is like George Bush - long gone, but being still being blamed for the failures of current staff led by MacIntyre, who is rapidly unraveling in front of everyone's eyes. Two games in a row he has lost his composure and had meltdowns at/near the end of the game, most recently embarrassing himself by chasing the referees across the field. Poor guy simply can't handle the pressure.

Only a delusional CU fan could possibly advocate bringing a coach back for a third year 1) IF he can't win a single PAC 12 game in his second year, 2) as a result, goes 1-17 in league play in his first two years, 3) gets dominated by CSU in the second half in year 2, 4) is recruiting at the absolute bottom of the conference every year, and 5) is presiding over ever declining crowds at home games. If MacIntyre can win ONE PAC 12 game, I would bring him back for a third year reluctantly. If not, I hope Rick George sacks-up and moves on to hire a new coach.

The real reason I think many people support MacIntyre is that he is not Jon Embree, that hated former great player and assistant coach on some of the best teams in CU history. Some of you people deserve the program you have, a perennial loser whose fans delight in back stabbing the JE's and Bill McCartney's of the world.

You must be Jizla's jizzy sock. A crappy CU team is easy to write about because it takes no work to do research or be informed.

You fycking lazy wanna hack. Eat a bag of cold dicks.

I think it's okay for the head coach to complain about terrible officiating. In fact I think it is one of his jobs. Who is buffs233? Clearly his agenda is to get MikeMac fired. We may not be winning (which is a legitimate complaint), but we are more well coached than anything we have seen for probably a decade. Maybe it's not as much progress as quickly as we all want, but it is progress nonetheless.

People can be pissed at Embree and Coach Mac. The insane and intentionally destructive comments regarding racism were both absurd and spiteful. Embree got fired because somehow (God only knows how), he managed to spit out a more poorly coached team than D2. I am less forgiving than some others on the board. I am still upset with Embree, Mac and their ridiculous behavior. The only reason it didn't hurt the program was because the rest of the country knew how insane those claims were.

The only thing Embree is being blamed for is filling our depth chart with high risk players that most of are no longer here. Trying to compete in a league like the Pac-12 with freshman and sophomores is insanely hard and you see the results. Hard fought but not enough to secure the victory.

I want to see a list of coaches that people think we could get to come here from a BCS program after firing a 2nd coach after 2 years. I'll be waiting.

The only thing Embree is being blamed for is filling our depth chart with high risk players that most of are no longer here. Trying to compete in a league like the Pac-12 with freshman and sophomores is insanely hard and you see the results. Hard fought but not enough to secure the victory.

I want to see a list of coaches that people think we could get to come here from a BCS program after firing a 2nd coach after 2 years. I'll be waiting.

"Les Miles!!!"-BCS

I think it's okay for the head coach to complain about terrible officiating. In fact I think it is one of his jobs. Who is buffs233? Clearly his agenda is to get MikeMac fired. We may not be winning (which is a legitimate complaint), but we are more well coached than anything we have seen for probably a decade. Maybe it's not as much progress as quickly as we all want, but it is progress nonetheless.

People can be pissed at Embree and Coach Mac. The insane and intentionally destructive comments regarding racism were both absurd and spiteful. Embree got fired because somehow (God only knows how), he managed to spit out a more poorly coached team than D2. I am less forgiving than some others on the board. I am still upset with Embree, Mac and their ridiculous behavior. The only reason it didn't hurt the program was because the rest of the country knew how insane those claims were.
I thought his agenda was to portray himself as a petulant dumbass and was unwittingly using Mac Mac to do so?

The insane and intentionally destructive comments regarding racism were both absurd and spiteful. Embree got fired because somehow (God only knows how), he managed to spit out a more poorly coached team than D2. I am less forgiving than some others on the board. I am still upset with Embree, Mac and their ridiculous behavior. The only reason it didn't hurt the program was because the rest of the country knew how insane those claims were.
Actually, I think the only reason Embree's exit and Mac's poem weren't more destructive was because we were nationally irrelevant and therefore not terribly newsworthy. Just imagine what a ****storm Texas would/will be if Strong gets fired and race is mentioned.

Turning back to Nik's original logical perspective at the beginning of the thread.

Next year the Buffs Win

2015 will be MM's version of Hawkins' 2008. That's the watershed year. It's the year everything *should* come together. Loads of upperclassmen, lots of experience, some semblance of depth in most - not all - positions. Also the fact that most of our opponents will be breaking in new quarterbacks next year adds some additional optimism.

2014 was always going to be a year that we wanted to see improvement. We've seen it. It's easy to see. Next year, that improvement has to turn into wins.

2015 will be MM's version of Hawkins' 2008. That's the watershed year. It's the year everything *should* come together. Loads of upperclassmen, lots of experience, some semblance of depth in most - not all - positions. Also the fact that most of our opponents will be breaking in new quarterbacks next year adds some additional optimism.

2014 was always going to be a year that we wanted to see improvement. We've seen it. It's easy to see. Next year, that improvement has to turn into wins.

^^^^^ This.

Coaching, Talent (recruiting) and Discipline are the things that must be managed to succeed now and in 2015. These are the things that must be managed quickly by our very high paid coaching staff- Please Start with the Offensive line- it is only slightly better than horrible and is not even close to being good. I hate that we are excited about the fact that we have a crappy Offensive Line. Our gauge of what is good is so twisted we seem content with the fact that we are not losing by larger margins. I guess we are all looking for some small tiny speck of good news but we are completely unable to run. Completely Unable To Run! The OL Coach made the decision to use undersized guards because they are seniors out of a some sort loyalty; He has absolutely refused to put anyone else on the field. It is a kick in the groin and it is killing us big time and I would hope that the Head Coach steps in now. I am begging and pleading that we see change at the next game. We have an array of much bigger and better linemen sitting on the bench. If we can't score on a simple goal line run we will never win. Plain and simple. Frankly we could not do any worse and the best part of using our younger players is the fact that they get more experience for next year.
I hope other OL guys can see this. It would be great to hear what McChesney has to say about this.
Fix the running issue and momentum shifts would go in our favor. We win those games.

Some great posts here. Thanks Nik. Our cupboard is not bare for 2015. I am really enjoying watching this team grow, and very much excited about 2015! Let's become a spoiler in a couple of games this year before more artillery arrives next year. Oh yes, and beat the fri k out of the lambs next year. I want that one for starters.

Catch 'em the third game next year. No" six months of planning for CSEwew's Super Bowl" for Sparkles-----or his successor!

Coaching, Talent (recruiting) and Discipline are the things that must be managed to succeed now and in 2015. These are the things that must be managed quickly by our very high paid coaching staff- Please Start with the Offensive line- it is only slightly better than horrible and is not even close to being good. I hate that we are excited about the fact that we have a crappy Offensive Line. Our gauge of what is good is so twisted we seem content with the fact that we are not losing by larger margins. I guess we are all looking for some small tiny speck of good news but we are completely unable to run. Completely Unable To Run! The OL Coach made the decision to use undersized guards because they are seniors out of a some sort loyalty; He has absolutely refused to put anyone else on the field. It is a kick in the groin and it is killing us big time and I would hope that the Head Coach steps in now. I am begging and pleading that we see change at the next game. We have an array of much bigger and better linemen sitting on the bench. If we can't score on a simple goal line run we will never win. Plain and simple. Frankly we could not do any worse and the best part of using our younger players is the fact that they get more experience for next year.
I hope other OL guys can see this. It would be great to hear what McChesney has to say about this.
Fix the running issue and momentum shifts would go in our favor. We win those games.

You're the "HCMM and OLine coach are playing favorites" guy, right? "nuf said!

If badbone63 yells useless gibberish in the woods, does anyone hear him?

So MacIntyre has shown that he will play a non-starter over a starter if they prove they are better in practice, but now he's playing favorites because a parent said so? A player has to win the job for him to replace the starter and playcalling needs to be taken into consideration on the goal line.

So MacIntyre has shown that he will play a non-starter over a starter if they prove they are better in practice, but now he's playing favorites because a helicopter parent with an agenda, said so? A player has to win the job for him to replace the starter and playcalling needs to be taken into consideration on the goal line.

FIFY

Like I said, I would love to hear what a respected oline expert like McChesney has to say about our marvelous goal line abilities.

maybe I will start pumping sunshine all day because it is a hell of a lot easier to stomach than the truth.

Like I said, I would love to hear what a respected oline expert like McChesney has to say about our marvelous goal line abilities.

maybe I will start pumping sunshine all day because it is a hell of a lot easier to stomach than the truth.
This isn't about pumping sunshine. You haven't been in the film room. You haven't been at practice. And neither has McChesney. No parent or fan is in any position to claim favoritism.

This isn't about pumping sunshine. You haven't been in the film room. You haven't been at practice. And neither has McChesney. No parent or fan is in any position to claim favoritism.
If you follow McChesney on twitter you would have known that he was invited to attend practice on several occasions and was asked to speak to the team. He also would be able to evaluate what he sees on the field. I would love to hear him go unfiltered on your butt when you tell him he isn't qualified to evaluate.

Who's bigger and better?

If you follow McChesney on twitter you would have known that he was invited to attend practice on several occasions and was asked to speak to the team. He also would be able to evaluate what he sees on the field. I would love to hear him go unfiltered on your butt when you tell him he isn't qualified to evaluate.
I didn't say he was un-qualified, but I highly doubt he has seen enough to form a opinion on favoritism on the OL. Who do you think knows better....the guys watching hours of film and practice everyday or a occasional visitor/parent/fan? Maybe their is favoritism going on, but none of us have anywhere near enough information to jump to that conclusion.

I don't think Bernardi would risk his job over not playing a 20 year old kid because of favoritism.

Biggest positive for next year is if we can keep Montez and have a 3rd year starter. Sefo could go from lower end to Top 3-4 guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think Bernardi would risk his job over not playing a 20 year old kid because of favoritism.

Plus this is Bernardi's second season, not 4th or 5th. I've coached kids for four years I couldn't stand but guys that just started I liked better because they were better and worked harder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I don't think favoritism is the issue, I think the issue is more of a none adjustment. The run game isn't working! This is a fact that we should all be able to agree on. Now what do you do to fix it? continue to do the same thing with the same personnel and expect a different result? That is what Bernardi is doing. These five guys are not going to become larger or stronger in this season. Should we try something new. Here are your choices for adjustment, trade out your guards with any of these guys on 3rd and short or goal line plays - Kronshage, Kough, Callahan,Weifels, Huckins, Mustoe or Lisella.

Back