What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Looking ahead to 2015

Who's bigger and better?

An incomplete list of teams that average fewer yards per attempt rushing than the Buffs:

Notre Dame
Virginia Tech
Stanford
Oregon State
UCLA
Oklahoma State
USC
Ole Miss

CU doesn't run the ball well, but it's disingenuous to say that they are completely ineffective.

MM is unraveling before our eyes? Whose eyes, exactly?

I remember Hawkins in his last two years here. THAT was an unravelling. So far, MM hasn't thrown any players or fans under the bus. When given the opportunity to throw the piss poor officiating under the bus, he took the high road. This is unraveling?

This is the kind of stuff that annoys the living Hell out of me. Making a statement like MM is unraveling before our eyes is absurd. It's wishful thinking from a small group of uninformed and spiteful people.

So, you would think it would be acceptable if any of Embree, Hawkins, Barnett, Neuheisel or McCartney chased the officals off the field in an angry outburst of rage? How about if Mike Riley or Todd Graham did the same thing? IMO, hypocrites would be very quick to point the finger at the coach of another team for the same unacceptable behavior, which was totally embarrassing to CU and unprofessional. Only an apologist for MacIntyre would say otherwise. There is a reason the PAC 12 suspended him $10,000 for his antics.

So, you would think it would be acceptable if any of Embree, Hawkins, Barnett, Neuheisel or McCartney chased the officals off the field in an angry outburst of rage? How about if Mike Riley or Todd Graham did the same thing? IMO, hypocrites would be very quick to point the finger at the coach of another team for the same unacceptable behavior, which was totally embarrassing to CU and unprofessional. Only an apologist for MacIntyre would say otherwise. There is a reason the PAC 12 suspended him $10,000 for his antics.

Yeah, and then fired the director of officiating.

Embree screamed profanities at everyone, players, opponents, officials. He was out of control more than in it the last season.

Only an apologist for Embree would even attempt an argument as stupid as the one you are presenting.

Are you F**king serious?

:lol: Good Lord. To each their own I guess.

Meh. I'd butcher Graham for it because he sucks, but I'd think nothing of it if Riley did it. IMO, it is better to do it that way than grouse about it in the media for a week afterwards.

Are you F**king serious?

The PAC 12 does not agree with you, though I bet MacIntyre would really appreciate your efforts to diminish the significance of him acting unprofessionally and losing his **** while screaming at referees, while stalking them off the field. Good thing for him that security/police got between him and the referees.

IMO, there's something very strange about MacIntyre's behaviors. He's obviously prone to angry outbursts - I doubt we have seen the last of it. At the same time, he's very guarded with his public comments about the team, to a fault. Something seems missing to me. Unlike Tad Boyle, I put very little stock in his comments about the team.

The PAC 12 does not agree with you, though I bet MacIntyre would really appreciate your efforts to diminish the significance of him acting unprofessionally and losing his **** while screaming at referees, while stalking them off the field. Good thing for him that security/police got between him and the referees.

IMO, there's something very strange about MacIntyre's behaviors. He's obviously prone to angry outbursts - I doubt we have seen the last of it. At the same time, he's very guarded with his public comments about the team, to a fault. Something seems missing to me. Unlike Tad Boyle, I put very little stock in his comments about the team.

You are really an idiot if you think MacIntyre would've physically gone after the officials. As far as "prone to angry outbursts," we've seen 2 in his 2 years here? Come on, man. If you're gonna troll you have to try harder.

Why is it because the Pac 12 fined him for holding the referees accountable has to mean he was wrong? The refs are grown ass men reffing at the second highest level, you better be prepared to hear from the coach if you **** up. When you **** up a lot it just gets worse every time.

I'd rather him go after the refs than berate his own players.

He was wrong. He knows he was wrong. He will never do that again.

But it's also the type of thing that fans love a coach for doing.

Not like MacIntyre's the first coach to ever do this or that it's predictive of not having success.

Coach Bill Cowher apologized for running after referee Ron Blum after the Steelers' overtime loss Saturday in Nashville and compared it to Joe Paterno's sprint to get to a referee after Penn State's loss to Iowa this season. "I was very much wrong in charging the official at the end of the game," Cowher said at his postseason news conference yesterday. "I saw him talking to the umpire, Chad Brown, and I thought there was a timeout, but obviously the game was over at that point. But, I should never have done that. I was wrong doing that. ... I don't think I looked as fast as Joe Paterno did when he was chasing the guy down. I didn't have as far to go, though. Whenever I saw Joe, I thought to myself, 'Why, Joe? Why would you do that?' And then I just did that."

http://old.post-gazette.com/steelers/20030115snoter0115p7.asp

MM carries around $10k in his wallet like I carry around $100. It was symbolism only because they cannot (officially) condone the action. The fact that they fired the head of officials for the Pac 12 2 days later (or whatever) essentially vindicates MM's actions.

You're just trolling. Have to be. Nobody is this brain dead.

Perhaps it would be preferable for him to pout on the sidelines with a stupid look on his face.

2013-04-22-jon-embree-4_3.jpg

It would be best if the occasionally more rational posters would avoid demonizing Embree in an effort to refute the trollings of a single tool with an agenda. It only brings the rest down to his level.

I don't think that guy got fired.
If it comes out he to took care of a sick family member, or that he got a wild promotion somewhere else, I will take back that he was fired. However, that press release read like he was canned on the spot (I.E. Your choice is to quit with a small severance or you will be fired for cause with two weeks pay).

It would be best if the occasionally more rational posters would avoid demonizing Embree in an effort to refute the trollings of a single tool with an agenda. It only brings the rest down to his level.

I'm occasionally irrational.

Who cares? Really, this is what bothers you with cu right now? Coach who shows some fire unlike simple jack? Thank god you were never in my platoon, you would have wrote your congressman daily for the verbal abuse. :rolling_eyes:

Yes. This is the appropriate demeanor of a head football coach at CU... Befuddled incompetence.
I saw Embree at DIA back in May, wanted to say something positive but he had that exactly look on his face except more depressed.

I saw Embree at DIA back in May, wanted to say something positive but he had that exactly look on his face except more depressed.

Oh god, Embree making that pouting face looking at the departure boards seeing his flight got delayed would be the greatest. Skiddy

Who cares? Really, this is what bothers you with cu right now? Coach who shows some fire unlike simple jack? Thank god you were never in my platoon, you would have wrote your congressman daily for the verbal abuse. :rolling_eyes:
Stop your yelling!!

If we had beaten Cal and Oregon St. (like many think we very easily and probably should have), we'd be playing USC for the division lead next week.

I don't care that the geniuses on this board don't agree with me, and I certainly am not advocating that Embree come back. However, Embree is like George Bush - long gone, but being still being blamed for the failures of current staff led by MacIntyre, who is rapidly unraveling in front of everyone's eyes. Two games in a row he has lost his composure and had meltdowns at/near the end of the game, most recently embarrassing himself by chasing the referees across the field. Poor guy simply can't handle the pressure.

Only a delusional CU fan could possibly advocate bringing a coach back for a third year 1) IF he can't win a single PAC 12 game in his second year, 2) as a result, goes 1-17 in league play in his first two years, 3) gets dominated by CSU in the second half in year 2, 4) is recruiting at the absolute bottom of the conference every year, and 5) is presiding over ever declining crowds at home games. If MacIntyre can win ONE PAC 12 game, I would bring him back for a third year reluctantly. If not, I hope Rick George sacks-up and moves on to hire a new coach.

The real reason I think many people support MacIntyre is that he is not Jon Embree, that hated former great player and assistant coach on some of the best teams in CU history. Some of you people deserve the program you have, a perennial loser whose fans delight in back stabbing the JE's and Bill McCartney's of the world.
:rolling_eyes:

I agree with Liver. This 233 idot has got us into sort of attacking Embree and we really shouldn't be doing that. He is a great Buff and we should leave it at that. This thread is supposed to be about looking forward and the troll did what trolls do. He turned this thread into an argument about the past.

Last edited:
Back