What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Looking forward to the CSU game next year

Remember, they didn't have Hornung last year. But I still think we take 'em. Plus, they have a new coach.

It really can't be understated how poor we played last year. Shot only 36% from the field and 44% from the charity stripe. That isn't going to happen again. They played tough, but in the end it was more about us losing the game than it was them winning it. We should be able to dominate the boards as well. To summarize: much better Buff shooting from field and ft + home court advantage + big edge on the boards + CSU new coach = CU win.

Just got my PAC-12 title game DVD in the mail. Great reliving that day :thumbsup:

If any of you are interested in getting your hands on a copy of the game just email Mike Bohn, he sent me mine for free

don't forget about X
I'm not. But I've called my shot with Jenkins (and, to a smaller degree, the Mayor). I think those 2 are gonna be huge this year. XJ may have all the athleticism in the world, but I have a feeling he is gonna struggle early before upping his skill level to where it needs to be.

I'm not. But I've called my shot with Jenkins (and, to a smaller degree, the Mayor). I think those 2 are gonna be huge this year. XJ may have all the athleticism in the world, but I have a feeling he is gonna struggle early before upping his skill level to where it needs to be.

This. He X will be important, but won't be our go to scorer. Dre will get his points, but if we need a bucket, we will try to get spence or Jenkins an open look. Ski will be able to score for us, but not in the "get him open and get him the ball" sort of way. He creates with the flow of the game, but can be contained in crucial possessions due to his size when the other team really needs a stop.

Ski is a guy who can put a lot of points on the board in a short time. He also has some limitations compared to what we think we have in some of the other guys including the incoming freshman.

Last season at times we seemed to have big problems scoring when the second unit was on the floor. Does Ski take a role providing instant offense off the bench to help keep the pressure on when the starters are catching a breather.

Ski will continue to surprise.

I'll say what I said before last season (when I'm sure some thought I was taking crazy pills while referring to this skinny kid who was too short for the position). Ski has a chance at being our leading scorer this year and will be our leading scorer in a number of games.

I've said it before, but unless I see one of the freshmen step up off the bench I prefer Ski in the 6th man role. Keeps the offense rolling.

I've said it before, but unless I see one of the freshmen step up off the bench I prefer Ski in the 6th man role. Keeps the offense rolling.

until I see a little better defense from ski, I agree with keeping him in the spark plug role. He was very effective there this year. Given that the freshman come in and perform as expected I think out starting 5 is set. I am thankful that we are taking that euro trip with the big group of new comers this year, should be hugely effective. I cant wait for november, and I cant wait to shut these rams up for a while.

Ski will continue to surprise.

I'll say what I said before last season (when I'm sure some thought I was taking crazy pills while referring to this skinny kid who was too short for the position). Ski has a chance at being our leading scorer this year and will be our leading scorer in a number of games.

Without looking back, didn't he lead us in scoring a time or two last season? Or at least was very very close with 20+. I am not trying to downplay him for next year by any means. He is a straight baller, but when it comes to getting a needed bucket, I don't see him as our go to option. If he ends up with the ball at the end of the possession (shot clock constraint), I will be comfortable with his ability to get a floater or jumpshot up, but it won't be the shot I or the coaches would necessarily want.

If this doesn't make sense to someone, please let me know and I can try to explain better. I'm smarter than you at bball, so it's cool if you don't get it.

Without looking back, didn't he lead us in scoring a time or two last season? Or at least was very very close with 20+. I am not trying to downplay him for next year by any means. He is a straight baller, but when it comes to getting a needed bucket, I don't see him as our go to option. If he ends up with the ball at the end of the possession (shot clock constraint), I will be comfortable with his ability to get a floater or jumpshot up, but it won't be the shot I or the coaches would necessarily want.

If this doesn't make sense to someone, please let me know and I can try to explain better. I'm smarter than you at bball, so it's cool if you don't get it.

I'm making a different point.

I've already said that I don't know who to pencil in as the go-to guy at the end of games. I don't think Ski is that guy. You can't mark him for it consistently like you could Cory, Alec or Carlon.

How I see him... and I do recognize that my basketball knowledge goes much deeper than yours so you may need to check youtube, basketball-reference and wikipedia to respond... is a Joe Dumars type who is most valuable in a 6th man role to come in, give the team a shot of adrenaline, hopefully be hot so he scores in bunches, and only sometimes is having one of those nights where he's the main option through the final minutes.

But, given what we have, Ski will likely get starter's minutes and could very well lead the team in scoring this year even if I don't think he's a guy who is going to have a favorable matchup every night and will struggle against some teams in crunch time.

Reactions: dio
I also want Ski to develop a better floater over shot blockers. He shot got blocked too often last year. Which was partially because he was so aggressive to the basket, partially because he doesn't get as much lift as the bigger guys.

I also want Ski to develop a better floater over shot blockers. He shot got blocked too often last year. Which was partially because he was so aggressive to the basket, partially because he doesn't get as much lift as the bigger guys.

He'll learn that. He didn't have the problem of getting blocked like that in high school ball so he had to adjust. He will learn to use quick lateral movement to position his shot at a point where the slower shot-blockers don't have their feet under them to get off the ground as fast. Combination of pull up jumpers and slight hesitations.

:lol: boy you are some kinda stupid... did slider take all the nutrients away from you in the womb?
What's so stupid about what I said? We don't need Ciman this year, you guys NEED your recruits to perform. And even if we did need him, I'll still take him over your recruits

What's so stupid about what I said? We don't need Ciman this year, you guys NEED your recruits to perform. And even if we did need him, I'll still take him over your recruits
This part is true. I have confidence they will, history says there might be some growing pains. The rest of your comment is clueless gibberish.

I hear the competition sure is tough in Saskatchewan :rofl: Is this guy ****ing serious? He has to be joking..
Because southern Colorado has top tier competition too?

It seems pretty obvious from the highlights he has the talent and that skill will translate.

It seems pretty obvious from the highlights he has the talent and that skill will translate.

It's pretty obvious that the competition in Saskatchewan is astoundingly weak. It's also pretty obvious that your recruiting class can't even come close to being in the same league as ours, no matter how much delusional/jealous fanboys like you try and bend reality. Congrats on the commitment though, it must boost your confidence to realize you can occasionally beat out WAC teams for players.

So, how did your guy do against AAU competition?

It's pretty obvious that the competition in Saskatchewan is astoundingly weak. It's also pretty obvious that your recruiting class can't even come close to being in the same league as ours, no matter how much delusional/jealous fanboys like you try and bend reality. Congrats on the commitment though, it must boost your confidence to realize you can occasionally beat out WAC teams for players.
We already went over this multiple times. Our 0* have done a nice job beating up on your 3* lately

We already went over this multiple times. Our 0* have done a nice job beating up on your 3* lately

CU vs CSU:

Last 5 years: CU leads, 3-2
Last 10 years: CU leads, 6-4
Last 15 years: CU leads, 9-6
Last 20 years: CU leads, 12-8

"beating up"? :rofl:You can't honestly believe the **** you spew. Not even a CSU fan could go full retard like this

Back