What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lunardi- bracketology

Cal fans should be a little nervous right now. If you want a long shot for being epically screwed, it's Cal. Bracket Matrix has Cal as an 11, and 'in' in 83/87 brackets. In 2011, CU Bracket Matrix had CU as an 11 'in' in 81/87 brackets.

Really hope St. Mary's gets exposed. Fraud. Listed as an 11 as well. 80/87.

Villanova 11. 80/87.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

Palm's update has the Buffs as an 8 seed playing Cincinnati in Salt Lake City. Winner plays Gonzaga/Western Kentucky winner.

Lunardi has the Buffs as a 9 seed playing NCSU in Dayton (not a play-in game) to play Indiana (or Liberty/LIU-Brooklyn winner :lol:)

EDIT: I guess that hasn't been updated since it was discussed yesterday :sorry:

Has CSU as an 8 seed playing Minnesota in SLC to play Gonzaga. Other Pac-12 seeds - Arizona 4, UCLA 6, Oregon 9, Cal 11.

Have to wonder if UCLA's seeding might drop with Adams being done for the year?

Memphis looked good to me. Pretty much everyone could shoot

Everyone is capable who we'll be facing. There's no one we're going to draw and go "oh man, we'll crush them" Avoiding a ridiculous location where the first opponent enjoys massive support is crucial.

UNM beats UNLV to win the MWC title. I think the Lobos are looking at a 2-seed.

2 seed should probably be a minimum for them right now. I think you could make a real case for them on the 1 line. The MWC was a better conference than some "major" conferences this year (I'm looking at you, $EC), they've got a good SOS and there really aren't 4 teams with impeccable cases for a 1 seed....

2 seed should probably be a minimum for them right now. I think you could make a real case for them on the 1 line. The MWC was a better conference than some "major" conferences this year (I'm looking at you, $EC), they've got a good SOS and there really aren't 4 teams with impeccable cases for a 1 seed....

Interesting you mention that because CBS said during the game that the MWC is the #1 conference in the RPI right now, which if true I can't believe they're ranked ahead of the Big 10. But also look at these numbers comparing UNM's resume to Gonzaga's:

RPI - Gonzaga 6, UNM 2
SOS - Gonzaga 74, UNM 2
wins against RPI top 50: Gonzaga 6, UNM 9

They're a very dangerous team in the tourney

They go 9 or 10 deep, legitimately. This wasn't even a lights out performance *overall* from an offensive standpoint. Shot 40%, 30% from three. Ho-hom, kill Syracuse, move on. They're clearly peaking at the right time.

I didn't see the comparisons of UNM and the Zags. When I was watching earlier, they compared UNM's resume to Kansas, by putting the numbers side by side without the team names. By the numbers, they have a legitimate gripe to be seeded as high as the gheysquawks.

Palm's early sunday update. CU a 9 playing North Carolina in Salt Lake, winner plays Gonzaga/Western Kentucky winner. Love the Salt Lake part, do not like the North Carolina part. North Carolina is hardly unbeatable, and playing in Salt Lake would be a massive boost for us. I honestly don't think Carolina ends up as an 8 seed, I see them higher than that. At least a 7, maybe a 6. If they beat Miami tomorrow, that's all but guaranteed.

Would love it if we could play in SLC, but I see NCSU as more likely if we get a 9 seed. Most brackets put us right on the 10 line: http://bracketmatrix.com/
I'm ok with that.

Thanks for the link. Average of 85 different projections show CU around at a 9.85 seed, with a range between 7 and 12. Notably, only one of the 85 (Stat Sheet) has CU out of the tourney altogether.

Would love it if we could play in SLC, but I see NCSU as more likely if we get a 9 seed. Most brackets put us right on the 10 line: http://bracketmatrix.com/
I'm ok with that.

NCSU has the potential of Scott Wood to go Brady Heslip on us. Just throwin that out there.

Gotta take what we get, though. We played ourselves into this range. Want an easier game, gotta win more.

Stat sheet seems like a pretty ****** bracket predictor, Duke is still their #1 overall while having Bama, Baylor, Tennessee, Baylor, and Boise in the last four in :wtf:

Palm's early sunday update. CU a 9 playing North Carolina in Salt Lake, winner plays Gonzaga/Western Kentucky winner. Love the Salt Lake part, do not like the North Carolina part. North Carolina is hardly unbeatable, and playing in Salt Lake would be a massive boost for us. I honestly don't think Carolina ends up as an 8 seed, I see them higher than that. At least a 7, maybe a 6. If they beat Miami tomorrow, that's all but guaranteed.

N. Carolina playing well against Miami. up by one with 7 min. left

N. Carolina playing well against Miami. up by one with 7 min. left

Win or lose they're not 8 seed material IMO... But that doesn't mean we couldn't see them if they're a 7...they're beatable if you get them away from Carolina Mafia controlled territory

Win or lose they're not 8 seed material IMO... But that doesn't mean we couldn't see them if they're a 7...they're beatable if you get them away from Carolina Mafia controlled territory

I think we'd get smoked by 20 against Carolina. Not sure we have the guard play to keep up with their new small lineup.

Back