What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lunardi- bracketology

:nod:

There's no polishing that turd.

The best thing you can say about it is that they gave all the top teams in the conference a tough test there (pending the whOregon game today). UCLA won by 4, Cal by 5, Zona by 4. But the only teams they beat there were us, ASsU and the Beavs.... :huh:

I just checked on Espn and Lunardi has us in the "last four byes" category. Do you guys know what that means? I took it to mean we would not have a play in game...

I just checked on Espn and Lunardi has us in the "last four byes" category. Do you guys know what that means? I took it to mean we would not have a play in game...
If we beat Oregon State, barring many surprises during Champ Week, we should be out of the "First Four." If we lose, good chance were in the "First Four" and if there's more teams that creep into the Tournament via good performances or winning their conf tourneys than we might be on the outside of the bubble. Just win Wed, and we probably don't have to worry much.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebask...78928/bracket-update-where-we-currently-stand

Lunardi's latest update has us safely in; however, in bubble news, Sun Belt favorite MTSU lost in their conference tournament...I'll leave it to the bracketologist on whether or not they ultimately make it but the vibe that I've read is that they could snag an at-large bid and burst a bubble...

RPI is still high (27th), but no good wins (best, by far, is Ole Miss). Two bad losses. They have a shot, 50/50 right now IMO given the state of the bubble

UVA is a 4 seed, so there's no risk of a bad loss there. They'll play NCSU in the Quarterfinals (baring a ridiculous upset of VT over NCSU).
Didn't know that, still the earlier they are gone the better. I don't think we gain anything from them having a long run, even if there's nothing we can do. At the very least a better seed?

If we win the Pac-12 tournament, I think we get a 6. The resumes below the 4 line just aren't very impressive this year. There's a lot of room to make a move.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

He's on drugs. He moved us up after the loss to Oregon State

Remember we dont play in a vacuum. We did pound a ranked team at home w/o one of our best (if not the best) players on the bench the whole game. That gave us some cred in terms of BPI, but then we did blow it at osu. Lots of other teams took surprising losses that couldnt really afford to lose (Oklahoma, UM gophers just to name a few) - so it may not be our win/loss that moved us up, just people around us moved down.

Last edited:
People usually overreact to losses, it's not football where there's very little margin for error. At the same time, it's not MLB(baseball), where there's 4-5x the amount.

Palm's Wednesday night update (10:15 EST) holds CU as a 10 playing Wisconsin in Philadelphia. A win over Oregon State wasn't going to move us up, this was about not falling down. We don't play in a vacuum though. Other teams screw up and the Buffs can move forward. A win over Arizona likely bumps the Buffs up a seed line. A loss would barely drop CU, if at all.

Bracket Matrix has CU as the final 9 seed, on average of 92 brackets (prior to win over Oregon State today).

The bottom line is we're going to be somewhere in the 6-11 range (6 would involve winning Pac-12 tournament. 11 the committee disrespecting CU more than nearly every bracketologist predicts) with by far the highest likelihood of 7-10. Frankly, there's not a whole lot of difference there. Best to cross our fingers for match ups and location.

Last edited:
Palm's Wednesday night update (10:15 EST) holds CU as a 10 playing Wisconsin in Philadelphia. A win over Oregon State wasn't going to move us up, this was about not falling down. We don't play in a vacuum though. Other teams screw up and the Buffs can move forward. A win over Arizona likely bumps the Buffs up a seed line. A loss would barely drop CU, if at all.

Bracket Matrix has CU as the final 9 seed, on average of 92 brackets (prior to win over Oregon State today).

The bottom line is we're going to be somewhere in the 6-11 range (6 would involve winning Pac-12 tournament. 11 the committee disrespecting CU more than nearly every bracketologist predicts) with by far the highest likelihood of 7-10. Frankly, there's not a whole lot of difference there. Best to cross our fingers for match ups and location.

I like a Wisconsin match-up. They aren't exactly gifted athletically, and they like to play slooooooooow. It could be a ridiculously boring and low scoring game though.

To add to what Buffnik said, some of the resumes in the top 4 seed lines aren't really that impressive this year. Maybe my memory is off, but I don't remember so many 7 or 8, or in the case of Wisconsin, 10 loss teams being in the top 25 in years past. Lots of teams with lots of losses even in the top 10 of the polls. I actually think Wisconsin has been totally overvalued due to playing in the B1G.

In addition, if that bracket came true, I wouldn't feel that bad about a 2nd round match-up with G'Town. We struggle more with legit size than anything else, and G'Town only has one guy over 6'8" who gets significant or consistent minutes. I'd also like to see Andre man-up Otto Porter. There would be a chance to make some money for Andre.

Last edited:
Back