What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lunardi- bracketology

Palm's Wednesday night update (10:15 EST) holds CU as a 10 playing Wisconsin in Philadelphia. A win over Oregon State wasn't going to move us up, this was about not falling down. We don't play in a vacuum though. Other teams screw up and the Buffs can move forward. A win over Arizona likely bumps the Buffs up a seed line. A loss would barely drop CU, if at all.

Bracket Matrix has CU as the final 9 seed, on average of 92 brackets (prior to win over Oregon State today).

The bottom line is we're going to be somewhere in the 6-11 range (6 would involve winning Pac-12 tournament. 11 the committee disrespecting CU more than nearly every bracketologist predicts) with by far the highest likelihood of 7-10. Frankly, there's not a whole lot of difference there. Best to cross our fingers for match ups and location.
Totally agree with this assessment. I usually say 7-10 doesn't make a lot of difference, this year, it's even more wide open.

Not to say, I don't want to win the P12 Tourney, but it was much more meaningful last year when that was our only shot to get in. And frankly, it was our biggest basketball win in about a decade.

Lunardi's Wednesday update. CU Still a 10 seed facing 7 Notre Dame in Dayton (remember, this is NOT the "First Four").

The main move yesterday was that Lunardi dropped Boise State from his 3rd to last team IN, to to his 1st team OUT. He moved Tennessee to his last team IN, from his 1st team OUT. Not sure I agree with that. Boise's resume is more impressive than Tennessee's IMO.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

He didn't have Arizona State's win move them up at all (still 8th team out), furthering the point nothing short of a run to the Final gives them any hope.

Bracket Matrix backs up my theory that UNC is very likely going to be higher than an 8. They're listed as a solid 7. Only a loss to Florida State tomorrow could them in the 8 range. Their RPI is 19th, and they may not have any elite wins, but their resume is solid and their name alone is going to keep them a seed or so higher than maybe they deserve.

I would have been freaking out if Washington had beat Oregon. Would have meant Utah or Washington would have been in the title game and if they won it all they probably would have taken our spot

I would have been freaking out if Washington had beat Oregon. Would have meant Utah or Washington would have been in the title game and if they won it all they probably would have taken our spot

No one would have taken our spot. There's no set spot 'number' for a conference. Someone else would have been ****ed, like UVA or Boise State.

No one would have taken our spot. There's no set spot 'number' for a conference. Someone else would have been ****ed, like UVA or Boise State.

One of the interesting things I read in the "mock selection committee" this year was that almost everyone who did it said "honestly, I didn't realize how many teams from each conference were in until the very end when they told us".

One of the interesting things I read in the "mock selection committee" this year was that almost everyone who did it said "honestly, I didn't realize how many teams from each conference were in until the very end when they told us".

Interesting.

Signed,

not Gene Smith

You mean UAB and VCU both have black head coachs? Who knew?

Signed, Gene Smith

I was actually referring to the 7 (?) B1G teams that his committee selected to the paltry (three or four) number of Big 12 teams, despite the Big 12's 6-and-0 conference record against the B1g.

Latest update from Lunardi...we're up to a 9 seed, playing 8 seed NC State in Dayton for the right to play 1 Indiana...

That is great to see and fairly accurate. I think we're better than most 8 seeds (we've already proven that against CSU), but I would be just as happy with a 9 seed because they play each other anyway.

I don't like that matchup with NC State. I really don't want a 9 seed. I hope we can get a 10/11 seed.

One game at a time, I'll take the best matchup with the best location. The seeding is secondary. Can't win the 2nd game without winning the first if your implying what I think you are.

all tourney games are tough to win. Let's just get in the big dance and worry about our opponent later.

There's definitely some easier games than others, but I agree for the most part about getting there then worry. Nonetheless, it's fun to speculate. That's why I'm hoping for a good location (SLC or San Jose preferably), similar to last year.

Back