What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lunardi- bracketology

Palm having Ohio State as a 7 seed (vs CU) just looks downright silly now. Ohio State just won at Indiana. Now 22-7 (12-5), Some excellent wins, no bad losses, one game out of 1st in the B1G. They're simply going going to be a 7 seed, not even close.

They look really good.

We're in very good shape. A top 50 road loss at Cal did no serious damage. Our RPI is 28, or resume is solid. Our chances from a highly accurate matrix composite puts it at 97.97%. One more win ices it (please let's sweep this week). The true bubble is embrassingly weak, and the factors that led to the snub in 2011 simply aren't present with our résumé.

I understand all of your points, but the Pac-12 is looking weaker and weaker, along with our wins against UofA. Given what happened in 2011, it'll be some time before I ever feel comfortable on selection sunday.

We're 19-9 (9-7) with the #28 RPI.

No worries if the selections were made today.

As long as we get at least a split this week and win our opener in the P12T against Wazzu, OSU or Utah, we'll be solidly in. The risk is that we fall short of that.

On the other side, we should also look at the potential.

Let's say we sweep this week to finish the regular season 21-9 (11-7). Our RPI heading into the P12T would likely be around 23. If we can repeat last year's heroics and win 4 games in 4 days (or luck into someone screwing up this week to give us the 4 seed and only needing to win 3 games), we'd be finishing up at 25-9 or 24-9. Our RPI would likely be in the Top 20. Falling just short of that, our RPI would be excellent and our record would be very good. There's a great opportunity for the Buffs to play their way into a 6-seed with a really good close to the year and an outside shot at a 4- or 5-seed by sweeping through the end of the year.

We're 19-9 (9-7) with the #28 RPI.

No worries if the selections were made today.

As long as we get at least a split this week and win our opener in the P12T against Wazzu, OSU or Utah, we'll be solidly in. The risk is that we fall short of that.

On the other side, we should also look at the potential.

Let's say we sweep this week to finish the regular season 21-9 (11-7). Our RPI heading into the P12T would likely be around 23. If we can repeat last year's heroics and win 4 games in 4 days (or luck into someone screwing up this week to give us the 4 seed and only needing to win 3 games), we'd be finishing up at 25-9 or 24-9. Our RPI would likely be in the Top 20. Falling just short of that, our RPI would be excellent and our record would be very good. There's a great opportunity for the Buffs to play their way into a 6-seed with a really good close to the year and an outside shot at a 4- or 5-seed by sweeping through the end of the year.

sunshine.jpg

I know you're having fun, but...

I'm actually being realistic and reasonable here. I get really tired of CU fans always looking for how we might get screwed, searching for the path to disaster and not looking at the positive possibilities. In this case, positive is much more likely. It would be a huge departure from the norm for a Boyle team if it didn't play well and with a sense of urgency in March. And we're well-positioned heading into this.

I understand all of your points, but the Pac-12 is looking weaker and weaker, along with our wins against UofA. Given what happened in 2011, it'll be some time before I ever feel comfortable on selection sunday.

There's really not many comparisons you can make between 2011 and this year...apples to oranges.

There's really not many comparisons you can make between 2011 and this year...apples to oranges.

Did I make a comparison? No. All I'm saying is lose two this weekend and I'm gonna be noxious all day on Selection Sunday. I also hear what Nik is saying, but it's a glass half empty world for Buff fans these days.

Did I make a comparison? No. All I'm saying is lose two this weekend and I'm gonna be noxious all day on Selection Sunday. I also hear what Nik is saying, but it's a glass half empty world for Buff fans these days.

Yes you were drawing a comparison by saying after what happened in 2011. If we even go 2-1 with wins over OSU and WSU there is nearly zero chance we don't get in. Our final record would be 21-10 in that scenario and a top 30 RPI and a top 30 SOS...theres a reason the probability is 97.97% chance of getting selected.

It really shouldn't be a class half empty thing for bball either, I don't get it. We got ****ed two years ago, move on because there are not many similarities to then this season. We don't have the awful OOC SOS nor the bad OOC losses like against San Francisco. 2011 was an anomaly.

Yes you were drawing a comparison by saying after what happened in 2011. If we even go 2-1 with wins over OSU and WSU there is nearly zero chance we don't get in. Our final record would be 21-10 in that scenario and a top 30 RPI and a top 30 SOS...theres a reason the probability is 97.97% chance of getting selected.

It really shouldn't be a class half empty thing for bball either, I don't get it. We got ****ed two years ago, move on because there are not many similarities to then this season. We don't have the awful OOC SOS nor the bad OOC losses like against San Francisco. 2011 was an anomaly.

not to mention our RPI was 66 on Selection Sunday 2011 (believe the lowest at-large bid ever awarded was 67, USC that same year)

not to mention our RPI was 66 on Selection Sunday 2011 (believe the lowest at-large bid ever awarded was 67, USC that same year)

I agree that there's reason to temper the optimism but here I dont really think it's warranted. Boyle teams have lost less than 8 home games in his 3 year tenure, and have not lost at home in march (Have lost @ISU in 11, and @OSU in 12). Aside from the kansas loss in 11, boyles teams have 4 losses in march, the two above, KU in 11 in the big 12 tourney, and to baylor last year in the pit.

This year the team hasnt been as reliable at home as I thought (though I think the UCLA game may have been influenced by the broncos debacle), but I really dont expect them to put the vehicle in reverse and stomp the gas this week. With the exception of Jelly and XJ that get regular minutes, this team knows what it takes to win in march and remembers how awesome it was to dance last year. that, and the fact that ski shoots better in the keg and artis is playing limited min (less than 15 last week, his first game back) I think the UO game could be close but we should win.

More worried about OSU because of matchups, but again, this is at home and we won at their place - they also seem to have trouble hanging on to a lead against teams not named washington state.

Our computer numbers are good - as I've mentioned before the lowest RPI to ever get left out of the tournament was 26 or right around there, and that was missouri state bears in 09. We should finish with about the same RPI but have the benefit of a few victories over ranked teams, and the fact that we are in a big-time conf as opposed to the MVC.

Clearly, dropping both of these games then getting bounced out of the tournament shouldnt be on the agenda, but even if it is, I think we could still sneak in because the bubble is so soft. I dont expect this to happen at all.

Difference between comparing teams and comparing gut feelings 'Tini. If we lose out, I'm telling you we can say hello to the NIT. Is that likely to happen? No. As far as "class half empty" - it isn't just the 2011 snub, it is also the UofA game at Tucson this year and that bull**** with Bachynsky against ASU.

I get a call from the ASU ticket office once in awhile. The last one I got I told them I wouldn't be purchasing any tickets from their office until after that thug was gone. Greeted with silence on that.

Difference between comparing teams and comparing gut feelings 'Tini. If we lose out, I'm telling you we can say hello to the NIT. Is that likely to happen? No. As far as "class half empty" - it isn't just the 2011 snub, it is also the UofA game at Tucson this year and that bull**** with Bachynsky against ASU.

I get a call from the ASU ticket office once in awhile. The last one I got I told them I wouldn't be purchasing any tickets from their office until after that thug was gone. Greeted with silence on that.

You made a comparison by saying that because of 2011 you will be nervous for selection Sunday when in fact they are two very different scenarios. I'm really having trouble finding any similarities between the two honestly. Much different SOS's, different RPI's, etc.

You know who should be worried about our 2011 snub? Virginia.

Bunch of wins against the RPI Top 50 and Top 100 coupled with a weak non-con SOS, some head-shaker losses and an uninspiring RPI.

. If we even go 2-1 with wins over OSU and WSU there is nearly zero chance we don't get in. Our final record would be 21-10 in that scenario and a top 30 RPI

Technically, we'd be 21-11. They don't stop the tournament after the first round.

OTOH, if we win 2-3 games in the tournament, that would help our RPI even more. I'm still holding out a sliver of hope for a 6 seed.

Technically, we'd be 21-11. They don't stop the tournament after the first round.

OTOH, if we win 2-3 games in the tournament, that would help our RPI even more. I'm still holding out a sliver of hope for a 6 seed.

Obviously, I was just in a rush and cutting it short.

You know who should be worried about our 2011 snub? Virginia.

Bunch of wins against the RPI Top 50 and Top 100 coupled with a weak non-con SOS, some head-shaker losses and an uninspiring RPI.

Yep. It is textbook. I've been warning their fans for weeks

You made a comparison by saying that because of 2011 you will be nervous for selection Sunday when in fact they are two very different scenarios. I'm really having trouble finding any similarities between the two honestly. Much different SOS's, different RPI's, etc.

Again, you fail to understand my point. My gut feeling is similar. I'm not comparing teams or resumes. I think (and hope) you are ultimately right. Let's get a couple wins this weekend and it is a moot point.

Again, you fail to understand my point. My gut feeling is similar. I'm not comparing teams or resumes. I think (and hope) you are ultimately right. Let's get a couple wins this weekend and it is a moot point.

:nod: Actually be really nice if they can win the next 3. My gut feeling won't need any alka-selzer if they do.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

Palm's latest. CU a 10 seed taking on San Diego State in Auburn Hills. Winner gets Michigan/Stony Brook winner.

Note that he has Stanford making a late push. Now in his "First Four Out" (4th)

With this weak bubble, there is a legitimate chance for Stanford. The Pac-12 could very well get 6.

By RPI, it looks like our bids will be:

1. Arizona
2. Colorado
3. UCLA
4. Cal
5. Oregon

Still with an outside chance are:

1. Stanford
2. Arizona State
3. Washington

I think 6 is reasonable if you're picking between Stanford and one of the SEC teams. ASU is probably less likely than Washington due to its cupcake non-conference schedule. If UDub could get to .500 in conference play this weekend and then push it to 20 wins in the P12T, they'll be in serious bubble consideration. I almost think ASU would need to win the P12T at this point.

Stanford has a puncher's chance with their RPI at 59 and no real bad losses. A strong Pac tournament could do the trick. Washington's RPI is 85, they have some puzzling losses, but a few good wins. However, Washington is 9-8 now, beat UCLA at home and they finish 10-8 (Stanford finished 9-9). We had better watch our tail in the standings. I'm doing this all off the top of my head, but fairly certain it's all accurate, apologies if not.

Presumably out of the goodness of your heart.

It's a love-hate relationship (I support their basketball more than football, currently, given the current regimes). I have close connections to UVA and want them to do well. Yet, then they often act like Cal fans and I want them to lose. Basically, if CU does well, I want UVA to do well (just not as well as CU so I can be superior). If CU struggles, then I want UVA to struggle. :lol:

But in all seriousness, they have the weirdest resume I've ever seen. It's going to be very interesting to see what the committee does with them. I genuinely think they ARE a tournament level team. I just think they stand a good chance of getting ****ed. Huge game for them tonight at Florida State. A win would help their hopes. A lot.

It's a love-hate relationship (I support their basketball more than football, currently, given the current regimes). I have close connections to UVA and want them to do well. Yet, then they often act like Cal fans and I want them to lose. Basically, if CU does well, I want UVA to do well (just not as well as CU so I can be superior). If CU struggles, then I want UVA to struggle. :lol:

Why the hell would you want to be that :asshole:?? :smile2:

I question Lunardi even further now after his brief 12:25 AM update. CU obliterates Oregon without our top player, and we don't move up at all? **** you, Lunardi. Maybe if he'd stop wanking to the A-10 and Big East for a second and check the scores, he'd figure it out. I really think he just completely missed it. There is simply no way this didn't improve CU's seeding

Anyway:

Last Four In: Temple (4th to last), Virginia, Boise State, Tennessee (Final team in)

First Four Out: Ole Miss (1st team OUT), Alabama, Southern Miss, Baylor

Next Four Out: Arizona State, Kentucky, Maryland, Providence.

Just unreal we're talking about Southern Miss potentially slipping in. Not to mention Maryland (RPI 86) and Arizona State (RPI 95).

Last edited:
Back