What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mack Brown reportedly stepping down

Something about Briles pulling an Osborne and voting OU over UT in a coaches poll...Bevo apparently has a long memory. You would think they could get past that if it would allow them to hire Briles away from Baylor and thereby stop being bitch slapped by the Baptists every fall.
UT is definitely world class in one thing...holding grudges. University of Houston tried to stick it to UT a while back when it came to seating at UofH for a Texas game (shortly before the game, they proclaimed a large section of UT seats were unsafe and had them removed). UT has sworn to never play them again (and they have worked behind the scenes to keep them out of any conference realignment efforts that might help Houston). And more recently, they've sworn to never play A&M again after Aggie bolted for the SEC. It will be interesting to see if that changes now that Dodds is out as AD. He was thought to be the one who was pulling the strings on most of that.

UT is definitely world class in one thing...holding grudges. University of Houston tried to stick it to UT a while back when it came to seating at UofH for a Texas game (shortly before the game, they proclaimed a large section of UT seats were unsafe and had them removed). UT has sworn to never play them again (and they have worked behind the scenes to keep them out of any conference realignment efforts that might help Houston). And more recently, they've sworn to never play A&M again after Aggie bolted for the SEC. It will be interesting to see if that changes now that Dodds is out as AD. He was thought to be the one who was pulling the strings on most of that.

They're no Air Force Academy.

Well, at the very least they are going to make some coaches a lot of money. Agents are having a field day. Jimmy Sexton is laughing all the way to the bank, we will see who he uses next to gain leverage.

With Briles just signing an extension 3 months ago I doubt he is a viable candidate. His name is not being mentioned here in DFW at all. I have heard Franklin, Harbaugh, and yesterday Jack Del Rio. I have also heard Lovie Smith has sent out some feelers. Harbaugh is interesting since he has basically refused to sign an extension.

With Briles just signing an extension 3 months ago I doubt he is a viable candidate. His name is not being mentioned here in DFW at all. I have heard Franklin, Harbaugh, and yesterday Jack Del Rio. I have also heard Lovie Smith has sent out some feelers. Harbaugh is interesting since he has basically refused to sign an extension.
Highly doubt Harbaugh goes back to college, I think he likes being in the pros and besides which the 49ers can compete. New stadium next year as well.

Haven't read through this thread -- Bobby Burton just posted this morning that the top 4 candidates are.

Jimbo Fisher – Florida State
Gus Malzahn – Auburn
Jim Harbaugh – San Francisco 49ers
Urban Meyer – Ohio State

So after they go 0-4 with those, who is further down their list?

Haven't read through this thread -- Bobby Burton just posted this morning that the top 4 candidates are.

Gus Malzahn – Auburn
Urban Meyer – Ohio State

C'mon Urban Meyer!

Gus Malzahn – Auburn
Urban Meyer – Ohio State

I knew BB in HS. It is kind of funny to see him as an authoritative voice. I have no doubt he knows his stuff, just funny to me....

I doubt Fisher bites. Malzahn should jump ship ASAP. Harbaugh isn't going back to college, and Meyer is too tainted, plus he is locked in at tOSU. My guess is Malzahn, maybe they make a run at Briles or Graham, but I think both of those coaches are in circumstances that would make it difficult for them to leave. If they whiff on all four, we could see another rerun of the type of search that gave NU Bill Callahan.

I knew BB in HS. It is kind of funny to see him as an authoritative voice. I have no doubt he knows his stuff, just funny to me....

I doubt Fisher bites. Malzahn should jump ship ASAP. Harbaugh isn't going back to college, and Meyer is too tainted, plus he is locked in at tOSU. My guess is Malzahn, maybe they make a run at Briles or Graham, but I think both of those coaches are in circumstances that would make it difficult for them to leave. If they whiff on all four, we could see another rerun of the type of search that gave NU Bill Callahan.
Why should Malzahn jump?, you can win at Auburn. There's even more pressure at Texas.

Why should Malzahn jump?, you can win at Auburn. There's even more pressure at Texas.

Well they ****canned Terry Bowden, what two years removed from a 12-0 run, they dealt behind Tubby's back for Petrino, they ****canned Chizik one year removed from a NC. If there is a more fickle admin than Auburn, I don't know who it is. I would go to UT ASAP if I were Gus. They will surely pay more, and the only team he really has to worry about is OU, everyone else in the B12-4+2 pretty much sucks ass. It is a much easier conference to dominate than the SEC, and they just gave the clapper a 16 year run at major bank. What is there to decide if you are Gus? What bank to put the loot in?

I do not see Fisher leaving FSU. Historical power, great recruiting area and much better place to live. Harbaugh not leaving the 49s. Malzhan maybe but would be a fun to watch. Meyer is not leaving OSU. He can have above average teams and play in the B1G title game most years.

If that is really their top 4, they better have the next best 4 ready to go.

I do not see Fisher leaving FSU. Historical power, great recruiting area and much better place to live. Harbaugh not leaving the 49s. Malzhan maybe but would be a fun to watch. Meyer is not leaving OSU. He can have above average teams and play in the B1G title game most years.

Wait. Did you just say "a much better place to live"?

Gus Malzahn – Auburn
Urban Meyer – Ohio State

haha - they're so delusional, it's fantastic

Just figure out a way to sign Todd Graham and end it, Longhorns

No sure about the "better place" to live, Austin TX is really a great place, not typical TX at all. Been to FL Panhandle several times, not that great.

No sure about the "better place" to live, Austin TX is really a great place, not typical TX at all. Been to FL Panhandle several times, not that great.

On board. Austin is a fantastic town. Tallahassee (sp?) sucks in ways that's difficult to describe.

On board. Austin is a fantastic town. Tallahassee (sp?) sucks in ways that's difficult to describe.

It is not very difficult. It if full of panhandle rednecks and the entire town looks like a strip mall. The place is a ****hole.

Gus Malzahn – Auburn
Urban Meyer – Ohio State

See, this is what I'm talking about. Those four are absolute no-hopers. Not going to happen with any of them. UT is just going to look incredibly desperate by the time they finally get around to Briles. They should just go get Briles rignt now, but their ego won't allow that to happen. What a train wreck. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of jackasses.

It is not very difficult. It if full of panhandle rednecks and the entire town looks like a strip mall. The place is a ****hole.

That master's degree is really paying off. You have a way with words.

Back