What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mack Brown reportedly stepping down

Les marches to the beat of his own drum...he won't care about any of the bosses and will just do it his way
Exactly why he wouldn't go there or more importantly, they wouldn't hire him. It's not just about winning games. Someone like Chip Kelly wouldn't fly at Texas.

Kubiak was at A&M guy, right? If so, no chance, although he might be a good choice.

My hope:
1. Gus Malzahn
2. Briles
3. Chad Morris (OC at Clemson and the next Briles/Malzahn)

Who we will unfortunatlye get: Franklin from Vandy, Sweeney from Clemson, Strong from Lousiville, Gundy from Ok St.......I'd rather just keep Mack if it's one of these

My hope:
1. Gus Malzahn
2. Briles

Who we will unfortunatlye get: Franklin from Vandy, Sweeney from Clemson, Strong from Lousiville, Gundy from Ok St.......I'd rather just keep Mack if it's one of these

Why don't you like Strong?

UT isn't interested in Gundy. Gundy has a 1-8 record against Oklahoma despite having some pretty good teams.

I said this in the other thread, but I'll repeat it here: If UT was smart, they'd just hire Briles now as opposed to going through the myriad of other "A-list" coaches that are sure to tell them to stick it. They made their run at Saban, and it didn't work. If they start making a bunch of runs at guys like Miles, Meyer, Harbaugh, etc., they'll just look desperate by the time they get around to Briles. Briles is a good coach, and would flourish in that environment.

My hope:
1. Gus Malzahn
2. Briles

I highly doubt they go with a first time head coach, better chance they hire Dabo and Chad Morris takes over at Clemson IMO.

Great coach, but I don't like his stone age style of football. Texas high school football looks a lot more like Baylor than Michigan State.

Yeah good point. Despite being from texas, he seems like a prototype of a Big 10 coach. Briles I think would be the best, I just don't think it will happen.

Mark Dantonio would be an interesting name. Maybe a little too old though.
Health concerns also. But he's slightly younger than Briles. My guess is they go for someone under 55, likely under 50. They want someone who will be around for the next 10 years or so atleast.

Correct and that's is my worst fear. Morris is the guy. That would be a classic example of bad decision making.
I just don't see them doing that, period. I know he's coached before in Texas and in Austin specifically, but that would be a huge risk for a program with this many resources.

I said this in the other thread, but I'll repeat it here: If UT was smart, they'd just hire Briles now as opposed to going through the myriad of other "A-list" coaches that are sure to tell them to stick it. They made their run at Saban, and it didn't work. If they start making a bunch of runs at guys like Miles, Meyer, Harbaugh, etc., they'll just look desperate by the time they get around to Briles. Briles is a good coach, and would flourish in that environment.
I've said the same, since the beginning. Briles is a home run hire for them. Briles is incredibly well connected within Texas High School coaching circles. He has proven his offensive skills (results suggest that he would need a solid DC). And...getting Briles would allow you to stick it to little brother at a critical time for them (new stadium being built).

I've said the same, since the beginning. Briles is a home run hire for them. Briles is incredibly well connected within Texas High School coaching circles. He has proven his offensive skills (results suggest that he would need a solid DC). And...getting Briles would allow you to stick it to little brother at a critical time for them (new stadium being built).

This. I don't know why UT isn't flying Briles to Austin to show him the UHaul full of cash right now.

It should be:

1. Briles
1a. Malzahn
2. Morris.

Why even bother wasting time on Harbaugh, Kelly, Miles, Fisher, when you know they are not coming. (Now that I say that, watch UT hire one of these jokers). Coaching searches are always good for a few laughs, so I'll share one that made me chuckle: Why not hire Craig Bohl? Some poster on the Shag....

What is this bad blood between Briles and UT?

Is it something that Briles holds against UT, or vice versa? Both?

What is this bad blood between Briles and UT?

Is it something that Briles holds against UT, or vice versa? Both?

Something about Briles pulling an Osborne and voting OU over UT in a coaches poll...Bevo apparently has a long memory. You would think they could get past that if it would allow them to hire Briles away from Baylor and thereby stop being bitch slapped by the Baptists every fall.

Something about Briles pulling an Osborne and voting OU over UT in a coaches poll...Bevo apparently has a long memory. You would think they could get past that if it would allow them to hire Briles away from Baylor and thereby stop being bitch slapped by the Baptists every fall.

Would you take Osborne at CU, under any circumstances?

Anything that makes Bailor or the Scum Devils worse would be a good hire for the short horns, IMO.

From the shag;

"Swinney=hawkins, Morris=petterson. We don't want to be Colorado"

Ouch.

Back