What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mack Brown reportedly stepping down

Jim made it to the Superbowl last year and has a damn good team this year in a solid position. Why on earth would he leave?

This move will not happen.

he's not leaving for lesser competition. Texas is in a ****ty conf with 2 coaches anyone has heard of and both are suspect in big games. Find Jim a bigger challenge and he'll jump at it,but this job is a step backwards.

UTerus, from a state where big hair and drama rule, the gang in charge of that University are staying true to their roots. Get on with it or shut the heck up.....

All Texans, really.

I have a love hate relationship with the state (and lived there for a bit too, which is probably where the hate comes from). Something is going on down there, that makes people bards. I love the music that comes out of Texas (Austin really) more than any other genre. Go to The Shag, and you'll encounter a collection of genuinely funny, informed people. But nearly every transaction or interaction in Texas seems to come down to a dick-measuring contest. It's weird, really. I've never lived any place else where the John Wayne manly ethic is so ridiculously (and pointlessly) alive. Texans really are assholes--but they're there own kind of assholes.

There is a quiet and respectable manner in which to be a cattleman (I love me some Montana, for instance). Texas doesn't really do that.

Great post.
I'm glad you see the difference between Montana and texass. We see texans as "look at me" types(texass excess) who have a huge inferiority complex. They have to tell you how important they are to somehow make themselves feel better. I call it small penis syndrome. To make up for their insignificant members, they think if they can buy or yell their way to attention, no one will notice they come from a dump of a state.

I also think texass isn't just a state but a religion. They start school with a pledge allegiance to the state of texass, not America. It's driven into their entire being from the start of their schooling. I can see why some people migrate towards that type of thinking and mentality but it's too inbred for me. When 95% of the state school is actually from the state it's like a continuation of high school. I laugh when people say say Austin is such a great place to live, not like typical texass. It may be,,but if you could get rid of the million texans that live there, it might be bearable.

and..yes I've been there and have family members who live there. Texass sucks. Conference killers with such an inferiority complex that goes beyond comprehension.

Great post.
I'm glad you see the difference between Montana and texass. We see texans as "look at me" types(texass excess) who have a huge inferiority complex. They have to tell you how important they are to somehow make themselves feel better. I call it small penis syndrome. To make up for their insignificant members, they think if they can buy or yell their way to attention, no one will notice they come from a dump of a state.

Don't Texans themselves have an appropriate expression for this kind of attitude?

Oh yeah ... "All hat and no cattle." :lol:

Makes sense for them. In a year when every coach was getting secured with an extension and a raise. Better to wait it out an additional year and see if the non-compete with Todd Graham can be negotiated past with his old AD doing the hiring at Texas. Also Gary Andersen will have another year at Wiscy and may feel less guilty about jumping ship for a bigger spotlight and payday. Always another year to evaluate James Franklin, see if he can keep winning games including ones against bigger opponents and also to let the scandal surrounding his program get further back in the rearview mirror. The competition for open coaching jobs in a year looks potentially at Nebraska and Florida, though the latter's opening could be fruitful if the new coach at Texas in a year could find a way to bring Muschamp back at DC.

With David Ash doing the sensible thing which would be a medical retirement to save his health later in life, the QB situation-slash-lack thereof is going to kill his final season, and you're damn right it'll be his final season in 2014. Mack needs something like 9 wins to beat Darrell Royal's record at the school. Think he gets it? For the sake of the fanbase segment that hasn't turned against him yet, he better hope he doesn't.

The longer this goes on, the more likely Mack will be back IMO. Gun to my head, I say he stays at this point, maybe 55/45 in favor of him staying. Powers staying is huge since he's a huge Mack Brown supporter. It would've been easier to replace him with a wholesome regime change.

Joe Jamail. This sumbitch fatboy is UT kryptonite.
-Billionaire big cigar
-Name on swimming facility, law school pavilion, and football field sitting at the center of DKR Memorial Stadium.
-Mack Brown's agent

Jamail is running this here good ol boy deposition. Enjoy his lawyering.
[video=youtube_share;ZIxmrvbMeKc]http://youtu.be/ZIxmrvbMeKc[/video]

Anyhow, any attempt to sack Mack goes through Jamail.
Keep in mind this Houston attorney makes his money suing large institution the size of Texaco, and wins.
if Mack is going to be ousted, Jamail's job will be to make sure UT pays for it.

What a Texas size ****show. Jamail is like Phil Knight, but exchange the child labor practice with tort.

With big money comes big bastards.

If UT is looking for a long term dynamic guy that will be there for 20 years there is really only one name on that list. James Franklin at Vandy, it would be a mirror type hiring of Mack Brown. Franklin is a proven winner in a place not accustomed to winning.

Oh this is great Especially after all those "excitement" memes I saw. First they lose out on Saban and now Mack is coming back, double kick in the nuts for them. I agree though, this might work out better for them next year. Or Mack might win 10-11 games like he should and they'll be stuck with him again.

I also think texass isn't just a state but a religion. They start school with a pledge allegiance to the state of texass, not America.

This is just plain wrong. Understand you have family members there, but did those family members attend school there?

The kids start out with the Pledge of Allegiance FIRST, then they do the pledge to Texas. Don't misrepresent the facts.
And yes, my kids did attend school there and I was present in the classroom at the beginning of the day a couple of times so have seen this first hand.

And unless things changed, when I attended high school there, we only said the Pledge of Allegiance, no Texas pledge.

Oh, and **** UTerus.

This is just plain wrong. Understand you have family members there, but did those family members attend school there?

The kids start out with the Pledge of Allegiance FIRST, then they do the pledge to Texas. Don't misrepresent the facts.
And yes, my kids did attend school there and I was present in the classroom at the beginning of the day a couple of times so have seen this first hand.

And unless things changed, when I attended high school there, we only said the Pledge of Allegiance, no Texas pledge.

Oh, and **** UTerus.

My wife taught in DISD for 34 years and I am pretty sure they did no pledge to Texas but I'll ask. If anything they did a few Viva Mexicos

University of Texas video tribute to Joe Jamail.

knob-slobbery is bigger in Texas.
[video=youtube_share;rdxcSMz5ksA]http://youtu.be/rdxcSMz5ksA[/video]

how can UT fire Mack when they have to go through this guy to do it?

My wife taught in DISD for 34 years and I am pretty sure they did no pledge to Texas but I'll ask. If anything they did a few Viva Mexicos

Maybe this type of decision is left to the school districts. My kids' experience was in Cedar Park, which is the Leander ISD. My high school time was in the Richardson ISD.

UT has Joe, we have the sad sack triumvirate of snow, slade, and L. Too bad Liver spends all his high powered lawyering fees on mimosas and cleaning supplies.

Great post.

I also think texass isn't just a state but a religion. They start school with a pledge allegiance to the state of texass, not America. It's driven into their entire being from the start of their schooling. I can see why some people migrate towards that type of thinking and mentality but it's too inbred for me. When 95% of the state school is actually from the state it's like a continuation of high school. I laugh when people say say Austin is such a great place to live, not like typical texass. It may be,,but if you could get rid of the million texans that live there, it might be bearable.

and..yes I've been there and have family members who live there. Texass sucks. Conference killers with such an inferiority complex that goes beyond comprehension.

Attachments

• Jim Glaicer 9-11-07 041.jpg
    Jim Glaicer 9-11-07 041.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 16
How did you get a picture of my plates? Rep.

to hot rack...both my cousins, Baytown &Austin, and one of my best friends from high school who moved there recently, The Woodlands, said their kids started off their day with a pledge of allegiance to Texas. Neither mentioned one to the U.S. At all, much less first. Maybe where you are at its different but I was pretty horrified, though not surprised when they told me that. I knew many texans who went to boulder but none graduated from there. After a semester or two, they all went back home. That's why I am not surprised we've had a hard time getting recruits from texass. They are brainwashed into thinking it's actually a special place. I haven't been exposed to that greatness I guess. I have a hard time with arrogant people,especially when they come from a university/place that seems highly marginal to me.

Anyway, its a great feeling to know that UT will end up with its third or 4th choice and the decision will be made by some booster. I can't wish them enough ill will. They destroyed the Big 12 and the SWC and please god, keep them out of the PAC.

How did you get a picture of my plates? Rep.

to hot rack...both my cousins, Baytown &Austin, and one of my best friends from high school who moved there recently, The Woodlands, said their kids started off their day with a pledge of allegiance to Texas. Neither mentioned one to the U.S. At all, much less first. Maybe where you are at its different but I was pretty horrified, though not surprised when they told me that. I knew many texans who went to boulder but none graduated from there. After a semester or two, they all went back home. That's why I am not surprised we've had a hard time getting recruits from texass. They are brainwashed into thinking it's actually a special place. I haven't been exposed to that greatness I guess. I have a hard time with arrogant people,especially when they come from a university/place that seems highly marginal to me.

Anyway, its a great feeling to know that UT will end up with its third or 4th choice and the decision will be made by some booster. I can't wish them enough ill will. They destroyed the Big 12 and the SWC and please god, keep them out of the PAC.

Austin ISD did just the standard pledge the entire time I was there and about 10 years ago I heard my high school did the US pledge and then followed it up with the pledge to the Texas flag (instituted by state bill 83).

I would be very excited to hear the boosters are influencing the coaching search since as we learned at CU they tend to give extra merit points to candidates who are alumni of that school. Major Applewhite or a likely better but also unproven in college Jerry Gray would be amazing and Steve Patterson would facepalm if the Jamails and Frank Deniuses of the Texas Exes' top 1% pressured him to take them over James Franklin. If the old money even knew Texas had a basketball program then that search next year may go in a similar fashion. Steve Patterson: "Well, from my time in the Pac-12 I've learned that there is no better coach to get this team to win now than a man named Tad Bo-" Donors: "TJ FORD! YOU WILL HIRE TJ FORD."

First US Pledge of Allegiance
then Texas Pledge

thats how it goes down in kidskid's school.

First US Pledge of Allegiance
then Texas Pledge

thats how it goes down in kidskid's school.

same here..plus an ungodly amount of time spent studying Texas history. It is, after all, more important than U.S. history....

same here..plus an ungodly amount of time spent studying Texas history. It is, after all, more important than U.S. history....

:lol:

Too true.

The average Texas high school student doesn't know who Charlemagne was, but she could damn well tell you a lot about the Alamo.

No doubt. My fact finding for you bastards comes with some fatherly self-loathing.

Skid: Hey, do you say the pledge of Allegiance in school.
Kidskid: Yes.
S: To the US and Texas?
KS: Yes.
S: Which one comes first?
KS: America first and then Texas. Daddy, why are you asking?
S: Because kids in most states only pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America.
KS: Well, Texas did fight in the Alamo and were owned by Mexico. And that was important.
:bang:

Back