What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB Game Thread: Buffs vs. The Two Yutes

Another embarrassing loss at home. This team doesn't deserve the NIT, even tho White does.

Thought maybe they were improving, could make a run in Vegas. Now I'm glad I only have tix for game 1.

White is having one of the best seasons we've seen a Buff have. Really too bad the season couldn't have gone better than this.

I would have liked to see White and Scott playing together. It seems we can never get a team to come together. Swept by Utah again. How embarrassing.

I hope Bey, Schwartz, Wright and Battey are ready to go next year. This program needs new blood.

With this stat line, I'm trying to figure out how the Buffs only lost by 6:

FG%: Utah 55.3% / CU 43.9%
3pt%: Utah 47.4% (9) / CU 34.8% (8)
FT%: Utah 78.1% (25) / CU 75.0% (21)
Rebs: Utah 34 / CU 32
TOs: Utah 10 / CU 10
Fouls: Utah 24 / CU 24

Basically, CU got worked tonight, couldn't get a stop or force a bad possession that resulted in transition points, and couldn't gain possessions through rebounds or turnovers. Utah was bigger, tougher and more skilled.

With this stat line, I'm trying to figure out how the Buffs only lost by 6:

FG%: Utah 55.3% / CU 43.9%
3pt%: Utah 47.4% (9) / CU 34.8% (8)
FT%: Utah 78.1% (25) / CU 75.0% (21)
Rebs: Utah 34 / CU 32
TOs: Utah 10 / CU 10
Fouls: Utah 24 / CU 24

Basically, CU got worked tonight, couldn't get a stop or force a bad possession that resulted in transition points, and couldn't gain possessions through rebounds or turnovers. Utah was bigger, tougher and more skilled.

Derrick White

When's the Rockies' first exhibition game? I need something ... anything .. to look forward to at this point.

Stream of conciousness thoughts as I'm just getting home:
-terrible first half. Amazing they were in that game with how lousy they were in the first half.
-DWhite poster dunk was sweet.
-Kyle Kuzma is a buff killer. I will be happy when that guy is gone.
-This team still sucks defensively.
-DWhite played great. Agains. Such a waste.
-horribly officiated game. I hate both teams being in the 2X bonus with 7 minutes left.
-Tad spit fire in the post game show on the radio. He was so frustrated.
-Can't complain about the look Dom had to tie it.
-Don't know what assistant does the subbing (it is an assistant's responsibility), but someone down there needs to make it known that you gotta be putting Del Brown instead of Lucas or Tory in at the end of the game when you're going defense for offense. You're pressing and fouling right away, you don't need to match up for size. Put the fast guard in who can force a turnover. Major coaching fail by the staff.
-Season in a nutshell in that game: so close, but just not good enough. The 2016-17 Buffs: just not good enough.
Fin

Tourney dreams officially dashed. Must win three more games or NIT will be officially dashed as well. CBI??? Please oh please just say no.

Tourney dreams officially dashed. Must win three more games or NIT will be officially dashed as well. CBI??? Please oh please just say no.
It's not just about 'getting in,' if we're not playing well, any postseason action (even CBI) would be brief and potentially embarrassing. I had expected to win 4 straight and have a shot at round 2 in the P12 tourney, but with the loss of defensive intensity last night, I don't know that any upcoming game is certain.

Although surely we couldn't lose to Stanford at home...

Still amazed that CU had a chance to tie with under 30 seconds left, based on the way they played. To me, the turning point occurred with XJ's turnovers when CU had it down to 3 (49-46, I think). Several possessions in a row where XJ made horrible decisions on the offensive end, or just outright lost the ball. CU had momentum then with several straight defensive stops and Kuzma on the bench with 3 fouls, but CU didn't even get a shot on 3 straight possessions. Not sure where Wes's mind was in the 1st half, but it definitely wasn't in the CEC. Glad he finally woke up in the 2nd half and realized he has enough strength to muscle in the paint and finish. The very poor shot selection by Fortune is so frustrating. Catch and shoot when you have the open 3! Don't ball fake and take an off-balanced, long 2. How 3 5th year seniors can make so many mental mistakes is beyond me.
On the bright side, Derrick White is simply a joy to watch. You could see it early last night. He made a couple of ill-advised decisions on the offensive end and was really mad at himself. Instead of dwelling on it, he came back with the dunk of the year and proceeded to do everything possible to keep CU in this one. He deserves so much more from his upper-classmen teammates.

Took two work buddies (a Badger and an TAMU Aggie) to their first CU hoops game yesterday. At least it was a competitive game, I think they both had fun - they liked the beer garden for sure! I do wish the crowd had been better.

I'm disappointed. I fully expected this team not only in the tourney, but ranked most of the year.

Will CU bid to host an NOT game if get the chance?

Was there any word about Peters?

Maybe a dumb point, but Xj and Wes came into the season believing they were going to be the team leaders. Then, because of his skill levels and fire, White becomes the leader. I wonder if that affected X+W's play.

Was there any word about Peters?

Maybe a dumb point, but Xj and Wes came into the season believing they were going to be the team leaders. Then, because of his skill levels and fire, White becomes the leader. I wonder if that affected X+W's play.

They were well aware of White's skill level, since he practiced with the team all last year, essentially was the scout team player. I think you're misusing "leaders" with a term like "stat leaders"? And who knows what Wes thinks, but I doubt he saw himself as getting more touches.

Seems like the same situation as two years ago when Spencer left, and Askia and XJ saw themselves as the center of the universe.

Great play. Did he get the foul call, too? They seemed to have swallowed their whistles during the Ducks game. I didn't stay up to watch this one.
Lots and lots of fouls called, mostly of the phantom variety on both teams, but no, they didn't call a foul even though that 7 footer clearly got him with the body on the dunk.

Great play. Did he get the foul call, too? They seemed to have swallowed their whistles during the Ducks game. I didn't stay up to watch this one.
Nope, no foul called on that play. As usual, the Pac-12 officials let contact go in the 1st half. Then, breathing on an opponent was a foul the entire 2nd half.

Key moment after White hits 3 around 13 min mark, but then King, XJ, White subbed out and lead goes from 4 back to 10. Including that dunk off of made free throw.

When this team moves the ball on offense. And I don't mean a pass to a guy 5 feet away! But when it works around the perimeter and once or twice inside and back out, they get great looks. It's called RUNNING AN OFFENSE.
But all too often passes are NOT made with a purpose, or after a pass is caught the player stands with it or dribbles in one area.
I feel like Patton is back as our coach and there is no purposeful offense.
--------
And one more thing....If a certain guard flies into the paint with the ball, bounces off the chest of opposing C or PF and flings up the ball to be blocked or stolen....one more time.....I may completely give up!

Why does Tad seem to have a flop every other year? Irritating.

He had a flop two years ago because one of the two or three most gifted offensive big men in the country was hurt virtually the whole season.

This year warrants a ton of introspection, but let's keep it in perspective.

Back