What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB GAME THREAD - CU @ New Mexico | Dec. 11th @ 7pm | ESPN2

I think Gatling is just having a bad day.

Schwartz.... I don't know, he is such a defense liability at this stage.
I think they'll both be fine. Gatling showed some chops on knowing how to finish against the press and Schwartz reminds me of Siewert, where he clearly has the talent but doesn't fully have his confidence yet when he does he is going to shine.

NM came out pressing and playing with tempo and totally flustered us. Great learning experience!

Good thread, would read again.

Good win. Weird win. Schwartz missed like 5 layups, needs to get stronger. Then Bey and Battey both throw up and hit threes like Nowitski. If the buffs could finish around the basket this is a comfortable win.

Buffs did a greast job of taking the Lobos out of their game which was high pressure and tempo. Once it became more of a half court game it was the Buffs' game to win. Huge plays at critical times by Brown, Bey, Wright IV, Siewert, and Battey. Buffs' half court defense was good, especially on the switch where they weren't giving UNM any space.

Really liked CU's mental toughness down the stretch and when they were down by double digits. Looked like it was over at times in the first half. Buffs were absolutely struggling with the press. Silly passes and quick shots played right into the Lobos' hands.

Great job Buffs!

NM came out pressing and playing with tempo and totally flustered us. Great learning experience!
UNM had also played much better competition than we had. Their 3 losses were NM State (twice) and Saint Mary's. We haven't faced teams like that.

Listening to Kin on the KOA postgame and looking forward to Tad’s interview then some god awful, repetitive music comes on and no more post game. That’s at least the second time that’s happened with them.

Well Buffs.....you appeared to be totally upstaged by unm's pressure, only to keep working, improve your own defense and cut down on turnovers. Way to get a win on the road that looked nearly impossible most of the game.

Big big win ... it's nice to see another team go cold in the last 8 minutes besides us. The defense was a huge part of that. The core 4 of Kin, Lucas, Bey and Battey are just fun players to watch.

How good would this team be if we had a true 2 guard that could hit the outside jumper with any consistency? We don't need a star, but just an above average shooter. It's really the only "hole" on this team (and most of Tad's tenure.) Hopefully, Gatling grows into that guy.

@J-R-K the Buffs won a road game, and we have more than 2 pages on a game thread. Credit where its due or.......

Sure...some credit is warranted. Road wins are always nice and definitely an impressive comeback.

However I’m not sure why you’re acting like beating a mediocre team is some kind of “gotcha moment.”

If this season turns out to be a legitimately impressive one (and I sincerely hope it does) then feel free to hassle me about it all you want. But we’re certainly not there yet.

Sure...some credit is warranted. Road wins are always nice and definitely an impressive comeback.

However I’m not sure why you’re acting like beating a mediocre team is some kind of “gotcha moment.”

If this season turns out to be a legitimately impressive one (and I sincerely hope it does) then feel free to hassle me about it all you want. But we’re certainly not there yet.
Wait, even though the team is not there yet, aren't you impressed by us having 6 pages discussion here?

Back